Minnesota Wild @ New York Rangers, Tuesday 1-10-23, 6:00pm, Madison Square Garden

MNSOTA

I'd like to see  Steel on a line with Boldy and DuHaime. That could be an interesting combo.
Move Hartman back with Kap and Zucc. L1 hasn't exactly been lighting it up.
Sure Kap and Zucc scored tonight but by solo efforts and not because of the line.
Leave the GEEF line as is and that leaves Dewar, Freddie and Shaw/Reaves.

Edited by ClusterChuck

Game by game we must to have points. The other 3 teams running after us. Continuing losses are not acceptable for our winning mentality and for the playoffs future. The distance between 1st and 2nd places and our 3rd place in our Division is increasing which is not good for our standings. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I'd like to see  Steel on a line with Boldy and DuHaime. That could be an interesting combo.
Move Hartman back with Kap and Zucc. L1 hasn't exactly been lighting it up.
Sure Kap and Zucc scored tonight but by solo efforts and not because of the line.
Leave the GEEF line as is and that leaves Dewar, Freddie and Shaw/Reaves.

Maybe that would be a nice combo in the future, but single Steel had the most points tonight (2 primary assists). That line is still producing. I am more concerned about production of other lines 2nd; 3rd and 4th as well as  production from our defense.  In my opinion Reaves should sit. Shaw should play. Maybe this would help to start production from the line Duhaime-Shaw-Dewar, because they had some nice chemistry together in Iowa.

12 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Maybe that would be a nice combo in the future, but single Steel had the most points tonight (2 primary assists). That line is still producing. I am more concerned about production of other lines 2nd; 3rd and 4th as well as  production from our defense.  In my opinion Reaves should sit. Shaw should play. Maybe this would help to start production from the line Duhaime-Shaw-Dewar, because they had some nice chemistry together in Iowa.

That's what my 'vision' was really about, Getting some lower lines a fresh life. We finally have everyone healthy and now need to set some lines. 
Pretty much 1C has been a plug and play position between Kap and Zucc. With that 'Magic' between Kap and Zucc I would bet that if you took a similar amount of games that Freddie as 1c vs Steel, That Kap and Zucc's #'s might not be far off from each.
I like Steel and that's why I want to see him show he can lead a line. With Boldy, He'd have similar talent to what he's used to and then the gritty and scoring ability of DuHaime also.
Just like the GEEF line being solid together, Kap-Hartmann-Zucc were dominant.

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Finally figured out streaming the game, and I actually didn't mind the Ranger announcers. I found them less homer-y than the Wild announcers...

Loved hearing Lou Nanne's view on the game but he was really praising up a storm of just about everyone on the Wild last night. 

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Loved hearing Lou Nanne's view on the game but he was really praising up a storm of just about everyone on the Wild last night. 

I like Lou's insight, too, especially when he talks about why this player did this or why that player did that. But you are correct, he has a tendency to overlook mistakes or bad plays by Wild players...

When Lou was on with Barrero he said his tactic of doing color has always been to point out the enjoyable parts of the game. I guess pointing out mistakes really isn't enjoyable, so he skips over it.

I think Cluster's vision of moveing Steel of the 1st line has a lot of merit. I would also like them to move a few more players around just to add some flexability for future injuries.

I would also like them to take the 3 fastest forwards and try them on a line together.

Shaw, Steel, and Dewar come to mind.

My thinking is One skill line, one heavy line and one speed line. I think this may provide at least one line per game that can carry a team if the others don't match up well with the other team.

• Good Post 1

19 hours ago, Tomdog said:

When Lou was on with Barrero he said his tactic of doing color has always been to point out the enjoyable parts of the game. I guess pointing out mistakes really isn't enjoyable, so he skips over it.

I think Cluster's vision of moveing Steel of the 1st line has a lot of merit. I would also like them to move a few more players around just to add some flexability for future injuries.

I would also like them to take the 3 fastest forwards and try them on a line together.

Shaw, Steel, and Dewar come to mind.

My thinking is One skill line, one heavy line and one speed line. I think this may provide at least one line per game that can carry a team if the others don't match up well with the other team.

Well put. 
We've had a good amount of speedy players in the last say 10 years. But not once did we go for that all explosive line. Usually a 'gritty' player thrown in.
 Just with speed alone would create so many more chances.

Lou doesn't have to point out mistakes and discuss them. You can tell just by his quick moan or noise how he feels about a play or player. 😅
Then on the  + side, You could hear that he knew Zuccs goal was going over the goalies head before the goalie did. :P

Edited by ClusterChuck