Sabres recall Luukenen!!!! Good decision

Buffalo Rick

Yes we lost the game to a defensive minded Winnipeg team.  Older vets like Wheeler are tough in the crease vs these 20 year olds.  The breakaway goal was the winner breaking a 2-2 tie.  I the days of in the crease not being allowed , it would not have been allowed.  I do not like it. He basically plows into the goalie with the puck and drives the puck in.  I wish they would change that rule. The game was not Luukenens fault. The first goal he was totally screened on a fluke shot. The Sabres played well but their goalie, ranked 2nd in the league from what I heard, was tough all night. So they lose 3 at home, but two with those two bums in goal.  I do not know the truth.  Was Luukenen sick or simply demoted to Rochester because of Comrie's return.  I wish they would just release Comrie and Anderson both. Let the Amerks goalie be the backup. It wont happen but when season ends at least one will be gone, hopefully both.  

On 1/13/2023 at 7:02 AM, flyercanuck said:

Meanwhile, we STILL have Ristolainen. 

You know, I actually forgot about thar?  Did he play in Buffalo?  In hockey so many trades sometimes former players forgotten.  Like Larrson (former Sabre) and Swarfz (former Blue).   On the red hot Seattle Kracken who just left Boston after 3-0 win.

28 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You know, I actually forgot about thar?  Did he play in Buffalo?  In hockey so many trades sometimes former players forgotten.  Like Larrson (former Sabre) and Swarfz (former Blue).   On the red hot Seattle Kracken who just left Boston after 3-0 win.

You're getting Adam Larsson and Johan Larsson mixed up.