Minnesota Wild @ Washington Capitals, Tuesday 1-17-23, 6:00pm, Capital One Arena

MNSOTA

Caps need to look to D-Man Dmitri Orlov to score.  (Best deke move on the team except perhaps Kuznetsov or Oshie…as he showed in OT last night.)

And he’s +12 on the year, best on the team, waaaay better than Ovie’s +1

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

No goals for j00 ...Ovi :P
Gustav was awesome.

I REALLY hope Gus isn't a flash in the pan and can give Wallstedt or any other young goalie in the pipeline a run for who's net this is post-Fleury.

I had sneaky feeling that once Gus was removed from the porous Ottawa defense, he would see better games on a consistent basis, and the Wild's usually stout play in their own end seems to be just what he needed!

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I REALLY hope Gus isn't a flash in the pan and can give Wallstedt or any other young goalie in the pipeline a run for who's net this is post-Fleury.

I had sneaky feeling that once Gus was removed from the porous Ottawa defense, he would see better games on a consistent basis, and the Wild's usually stout play in their own end seems to be just what he needed!

I was looking at wallstedt stats ...not the greatest in the league

1 minute ago, wildstars95 said:

I was looking at wallstedt stats ...not the greatest in the league

Gustav has earned his spot for next year if he continues the rest of this season anything like he has played in the first 1/2.
So far so good.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Brodin does the Kap !!

Exactly, he did same way as Kaprizov did before.  I am already impressed for the Wild win tonight by the huge help of our defensemen. We had  3 goals from them (2 goals for Spurgeon; 1 goal for Brodin) and 1 assist (Dumba) which is not happen very often in our 4:2 win over Capitals. In my opinion, Gustavsson was a #1 star of the game (stopped 34 out of 36 shots on our net); Spurgeon #2 star and Brodin #3. I think so far Gustavsson is our best steal from Ottawa. Even Guerin said that he (Gustavsson) is the biggest surprise for him this season. 

• Like 2