Sabres at Blues after big win in big D. Owen Power take down big D!!!!!!!

Buffalo Rick

This kid Owen Power is going to be a great defenseman.  Great offensive D man just like Dahlin.  Both can QB a power play.  Of course Dahlin is ahead of him , has played a bit longer.  Owen scored the game winner in Dallas last night vs a very goo goalie, beating him on a very well placed shot.  Not sure which Blues team shows up tonight.  Yes I like the Blues very much.  Just not tonight.  Schenn is some kind of player.  They have some good youth on that team also.  i feel the Sabres can skate with anyone.  Have the speed to.  Every game is big now if we are to sneak in.  Pittsburgh and Florida go at it tonight. Both of them along with Islanders are n our sights. This is a very young Sabres team.  Youngest in the NHL.  But very promising.  Dahlin is having a great year, Cozens is really turning into a great player, Thompson and Olofsson already are.  Jack Quinn and Paternka are both good young players.  I am keeping my fingers crossed they do not trade any of these guys I like.  I say trade Jokuharu.  I would dance on the tables. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

This kid Owen Power is going to be a great defenseman.  Great offensive D man just like Dahlin.  Both can QB a power play.  Of course Dahlin is ahead of him , has played a bit longer.  Owen scored the game winner in Dallas last night vs a very goo goalie, beating him on a very well placed shot.  Not sure which Blues team shows up tonight.  Yes I like the Blues very much.  Just not tonight.  Schenn is some kind of player.  They have some good youth on that team also.  i feel the Sabres can skate with anyone.  Have the speed to.  Every game is big now if we are to sneak in.  Pittsburgh and Florida go at it tonight. Both of them along with Islanders are n our sights. This is a very young Sabres team.  Youngest in the NHL.  But very promising.  Dahlin is having a great year, Cozens is really turning into a great player, Thompson and Olofsson already are.  Jack Quinn and Paternka are both good young players.  I am keeping my fingers crossed they do not trade any of these guys I like.  I say trade Jokuharu.  I would dance on the tables. 

Glad to see you are happy that your team is moving forward .....

We are stuck in purgatory .....sigh

• Like 1

Meh, I guess we won one point last night (Moral Victory™ ©)  because the Stars seemed to be sloppy and a bit lazy as well, not really willing to win any battles and hurt themselves. Öttinger did hell of a job and it would've been a Sabres regulation win without him. Hintz was back in the line-up but DeBoer kept him on the third line with Seguin on the first with Robertson and Pavelski, which didn't bring anything. 

I really liked Tuch. This guy has four lungs and he was really strong on the forecheck, creating lots of turnovers and stucking the Stars in their own zone. The Sabres have a really talented young core to be used to build around. They still need some depth on the D and have a legit #1 goalie but they are on good track IMO.

34 minutes ago, Math said:

Meh, I guess we won one point last night (Moral Victory™ ©)  because the Stars seemed to be sloppy and a bit lazy as well, not really willing to win any battles and hurt themselves. Öttinger did hell of a job and it would've been a Sabres regulation win without him. Hintz was back in the line-up but DeBoer kept him on the third line with Seguin on the first with Robertson and Pavelski, which didn't bring anything. 

I really liked Tuch. This guy has four lungs and he was really strong on the forecheck, creating lots of turnovers and stucking the Stars in their own zone. The Sabres have a really talented young core to be used to build around. They still need some depth on the D and have a legit #1 goalie but they are on good track IMO.

It looks like the Stars ⭐️ have the best record in the West?  Yes, Sabres need seasoning more than depth in my opinion.  Dahlin and Power are both in the long term plans and I believe so are Samuelson, who is very smart with the puck and Bryson also has been impressive along with the Russian, starts with letter L, won’t try to spell.  I am not high on Jokuharu.  I do not want him but fear he stays.  Have no idea why they are hell bent on keeping him in.  They were great in 2nd period last night and Dallas tied game on 4 Sabres in back of net and Jokuharu was probably one of them.  Power makes mistakes but his offensive prowess makes up.  He is but a rookie.  

The Sabres take down the Blues 5-3 after opening the game fast with a 4-0 lead.  First win at St Louis since 2009, when Tim Connelly scored the winner, he was at Ryan Millers special night.

The Sabres now are only 3 points out of a playoff spot, trailing Pittsburgh and Washington and have 3 games in hand on aging Capital’s!  The Sabres really play better on the road most of the time for the typical reasons.  On the road you tend to be more unified, are there to work, not entertain,  sure they have had some great home wins, like the games vs Wild and Blues.  But lots of great road wins including that one in Boston.  Next stop, Winnipeg 

Sabres record at home is 11-12-2.  On the road 14-7-1!!!!

The Blues are also better on the road.

Edited by Hockey Junkie