Where do you want to be seeded

Guest yave1964

Looks like your Flyers are gonna be anywhere from 4-6, may seem like a silly thing to say but a six seed might be the best thing for them.

As a four or five, more than likely you are gonna draw the Penguins in the first round, a very tough draw. Falling to six would get you the either the Jets or most likely the Panthers, who are not the worst teams in the league but certainly not the Pens. Who do you want to play in the first round?

This is easy, the sixth seed is my first choice. Next would be the devils and flyers become the 4th 5th seed. Otherwise let the penguins and the devils play each other.

with one out of reach and not eligible for two and three, I would prefer to have home ice at 4 and then look at 6.

I could easily see 6 beating 3 and 4 getting potentially two home ice rounds.

rather have 5-6. don't care about the home ice cause the flyers are better on the road. ever since they stopped playing at the spectrum the flyers no longer have a home ice advantage

true that /\

@yave1964

i don't sweat the pens, of course i say that as crosby is getting ready to come back,so who knows how that will work out.... but i don't think they are deep enough to win the tournmanemt. they are a two line team and once you get past their top 3 defensmen the drop off is substantial also.

the key to that team has always been jordan staal and his ability to lift the scrubs he often had to play with on the 3rd line, and make them a non liability...his abilities allowed for malkin to be double shifted to crosby's wing on occasion when the pens needed a score, staal could move up to the second and lift those guys too.

with 87 back they become a tougher team to play skillwise but i think there will be a drop off in malkinstiens play with 87 back in the fold for whatever reason they don't feed off each other.

rather have 5-6. don't care about the home ice cause the flyers are better on the road. ever since they stopped playing at the spectrum the flyers no longer have a home ice advantage

Agreed, but 6th would be ideal. Easiest matchup in the first round - against the "champs" of the southleast.

Would you rather be a four with an extra home game against the Pens or a six and a give up home ice? Home ice is huge in the playoffs.

being a wings fan you don't know how bad the flyers play at home. must be the white jerseys on the road. either way flyers no longer have a home ice advantage

Looks like your Flyers are gonna be anywhere from 4-6, may seem like a silly thing to say but a six seed might be the best thing for them.

As a four or five, more than likely you are gonna draw the Penguins in the first round, a very tough draw. Falling to six would get you the either the Jets or most likely the Panthers, who are not the worst teams in the league but certainly not the Pens. Who do you want to play in the first round?

For the Pens, I'd rather be the 6. I'm more confident w/o home ice against the Jets, Caps or Panthers than I am with home ice against the Flyers and especially the Devils. We don't match up well with the Devils and the Flyers is bound to be a war.

Even as a 4, unless their are upsets in 2 of the other 3 series, you are going on the road in the next round anway so might as well root for the best match up in the first round...home ice be damned. Now if the Sens sneak into the 5 spot? Sign me up for 4.

Okay, that's hilarious. Neither Flyers fans, nor Pens fans want their teams to play each other. Mutual respect for product on ice?

well the match up would be physically draining right out of the gate, i hate that team but they do take the body and have guys on the roster that can end an opponents season. who ever wins that series will be depleted in one way or another... even though i say i don't sweat them i know they can hurt our top guys.

Okay, that's hilarious. Neither Flyers fans, nor Pens fans want their teams to play each other. Mutual respect for product on ice?

I like reading here and just don't want to put up with the inevitable bizzaching the second a 50/50 call goes the Pens' way. I figure if we don't play things will be limited to the griping about Kronwall and Lucic and Shanny. Heck, even Cooke's antics didn't lead to a 200 post thread on Philly.com. ;) Plus I don't like the way the Bryzaster (one of the best play on a name I've seen) has been playing...i.e., well.

6th would be best imo

A Flyers-Penguins series would be almost like a best of 9... since they play each other twice in the last four games (both in Pittsburgh) and seeding will most likely be greatly affected by those 4 (and maybe 6) points. That would suck for the Flyers to have to be in Pittsburgh a potential of 6 nights in a span of less than 3 weeks. It's not the playing the Penguins but actually having to be in Pittsburgh that sucks.

All three remaining contests between the two are nationally televised, which is significant for those of us living out of market.

A Flyers-Penguins series would be almost like a best of 9... since they play each other twice in the last four games (both in Pittsburgh) and seeding will most likely be greatly affected by those 4 (and maybe 6) points. That would suck for the Flyers to have to be in Pittsburgh a potential of 6 nights in a span of less than 3 weeks. It's not the playing the Penguins but actually having to be in Pittsburgh that sucks.

All three remaining contests between the two are nationally televised, which is significant for those of us living out of market.

I forgot all about those last few games. Even more reason I don't want to play you. If they did meet in Round 1 and that went 7 games, can you imagine how much those teams would be hating each other? Bring on the Panthers.

We don't match up well with the Jets, I would prefer the Panthers first round

Play hard EVERY game and let the chips fall as they may. There are no easy matchups much anymore.