Game 52: New York Islanders at Philadelphia Flyers; 2/6/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The Isles are favored (-125) with a 56% win probability:\

https://betdecider.com/new-york-islanders-vs-philadelphia-flyers-betting-preview-money-lines-players-info-2-6-2023/

You'd expect some uneven play after this break.  GM Lou is apparently in a win now mode, hence the Bo Horvat deal.  On the other hand, the Flyers are probably sorting out pre-trade deadline option.  It's probably a good time to see if our GM and Danny are visiting opponents to scope out prospects.  And we might get clues if other teams' scouts are at Wells Fargo.

8 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

The Isles are favored (-125) with a 56% win probability:\

https://betdecider.com/new-york-islanders-vs-philadelphia-flyers-betting-preview-money-lines-players-info-2-6-2023/

You'd expect some uneven play after this break.  GM Lou is apparently in a win now mode, hence the Bo Horvat deal.  On the other hand, the Flyers are probably sorting out pre-trade deadline option.  It's probably a good time to see if our GM and Danny are visiting opponents to scope out prospects.  And we might get clues if other teams' scouts are at Wells Fargo.

Philly needs to go on a losing streak before the idiots that be don't decide to go all in, yet again. 

• Like 3

On 2/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, flyercanuck said:

Philly needs to go on a losing streak before the idiots that be don't decide to go all in, yet again. 

They’d probably decide the losing streak is Tortorella’s fault and replace him instead. I wouldn’t put it past them. At this point nothing will surprise me no matter how stupid it is.

The way these senior advisors just stay year after year after year…they must be getting complimentary BJs at the office every day or something. Seriously will these guys ever fkng retire? Enough is enough already.

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Scouts in attendance at tonight's Flyers game.. are from the Lightning, Golden Knights, Jets, Rangers, Stars, Canadiens and Flames.

Almost gotta wonder which team they're there to watch

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

I'd add that this is the type of game where another 25-30 goal scorer might have helped.  Our scoring by committee works when the committee does.  If there's a drop off, we are Schitt's Creek.  

Howie great point.

I believe they have a few of those guys with that potential in the AHL Foerster, Brink and Desnoyers but I should be next year when they get there shot.

Right now they need to continue to develop this season make help their Phantoms make the playoffs and we'll see again next year.

So I am not saying next year those guy ate coming up and will put up 30 goals they will have to be given time to acclimate themselves to the top league of the world and that isn't always linear.

But potential wise I like those 3.

They have a few D men with that potential too.

I also expect Cutter Gauthier to be singed when his season is done and added to the current roster for  playoff push.

So when they have cleared some roster spots they will get their chance.

I expect JVR, Braun and Seeler gone at the deadline maybe.

But they also could be kept for the playoff push.

Never can tell WTF the brain trust will do.

• Good Post 1

17 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Eight days off didn't help 

You know who else had 8 days off? The Islanders. 

This isn't directed at you Howie...but this franchise always says stuff like this being the reason why they lose...oh, we had to deal with the pandemic.....like the rest of the league, or the world, didn't?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

You know who else had 8 days off? The Islanders. 

This isn't directed at you Howie...but this franchise always says stuff like this being the reason why they lose...oh, we had to deal with the pandemic.....like the rest of the league, or the world, didn't?

Kevin Allen said there is a team who is interested in trading for Hayes let's hope he is right.

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/02/05/philadelphia-flyers-kevin-hayes-trade-talk-report-team-showing-interest-in-acquiring-rumors-new-york-islanders/

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Kevin Allen said there is a team who is interested in trading for Hayes let's hope he is right.

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/02/05/philadelphia-flyers-kevin-hayes-trade-talk-report-team-showing-interest-in-acquiring-rumors-new-york-islanders/

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

very curious to know who the interested team is?

Happy You Got It GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• Like 1