Breaking News! Fletcher fired… Briere to be interim GM

pilldoc

As requested .....Here is the mandatory poll on the firing .......  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Sweet and Simple to the point ....... Do you agree with the firing of Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher?

• No. He was not given enough top work with. It is all the fault of today's NHL environment.
    • Yes. Danny Boy is perfect for the job
    • Yes ...However nothing with change until Flahr, Lombardi, Barber, Holmgren, and Clarke are also gone. Because if not, they are just simply replacing Chuck with another "beloved alumni" to placate the fans while nothing actually changes
  2. 2. Should the Flyers keep Danny Briere as GM at the end of the season?

• Yes - He is the right man for the show
    • No -the Flyers need to purge all alumni from critical positions such as this
    • I don't know.
  3. 3. Should...the Flyers "knock the Wells Fargo center to the ground and till salt into the earth so nothing can grow there again." and start from scratch.

• No ...
    • Hell Yes! Bring back our beloved Spectrum back but updated for modern times

As long as everyone is on this feel-good purge parade, let's not gloss over that the people in charge of Flyer propaganda AND that ruinous, incompetent, goalie coach Kim Dillabaugh, who only appeals to the gullible, need to get removed as well! :shifty: 

And after that, moving down to coaches and players, any coach, especially that puppet John Tortorella who will say anything his employers want when there is a microphone in front of him, and any goalies with low lazy glove hands, need to go!! :ph34r: 

• Haha 2
  • Annoyed 1

OK! I just tore open two pillows from the guest room..... anyone on this board got access to say a 50 gallon drum of industrial grade adhesive? If so, meet me outside the offices in Vorrhes in 3....2.....

We'll get him coming out of the office with his box of Minnesota Wild Bobble head dolls..... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As long as everyone is on this feel-good purge parade, let's not gloss over that the people in charge of Flyer propaganda AND that ruinous, incompetent, goalie coach Kim Dillabaugh, who only appeals to the gullible, need to get removed as well! :shifty: 

And after that, moving down to coaches and players, any coach, especially that puppet John Tortorella who will say anything his employers want when there is a microphone in front of him, and any goalies with low lazy glove hands, need to go!! :ph34r: 

LOL .... I see what you did there. ;)

B..B...B ....u.t.t .... I only speak the truth and I will challenge anyone who disagrees with me ..... LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, Clarke2Leach said:

Serious question:  Is there any evidence to suggest that Clarke is nothing more than a figurehead?

You are not wrong thinking this .....I half joked about the gif I posted in another post ...

Ventriloquism GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

No evidence but I'm sure he was "highly receptive" to their advice ....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I don't see a poll option for "knock the Wells Fargo center to the ground and till salt into the earth so nothing can grow there again."

Ask  and you shall receive!

Done! ... LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Clarke2Leach said:

Serious question:  Is there any evidence to suggest that Clarke is nothing more than a figurehead?

Well, if he is, he certainly is the UGLIEST sculptured figure I've ever seen!
Michaelangelo may want a re-do on that one..... :ph34r: 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Firing Fletcher was obviously a mandatory first step. Briere as "interim" - fine, whatever. But please, Flyers - don't stop there. They'd never push out Clarke, probably Homer or Bill Barber either but there HAS to be more of a shakeup than just firing Fletcher. If they ever expect to compete for the Stanley Cup again that is.

no disrespect, but seriously, what else is there? Those three have been here through the duration of this suck period, and are the constant. They need to go. Just like all these damn career policticians

• Like 3
  • Uggh... 1

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

no disrespect, but seriously, what else is there? Those three have been here through the duration of this suck period, and are the constant. They need to go. Just like all these damn career policticians

This really is the final constant across the years ..... loved Barber and Clarke as players but as FO personnel .....they need to go.

It really is as simple as that .....

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

13 minutes ago, CoachX said:

You're right to ask, "what else is there?" but you answered it and it's the obvious answer. So then the question is, when will it become obvious to them?

The senior advisor's job description is to advise. It has to be apparent by now that their advice isn't producing the results they claim they want.

The same fork in the road that was there before they hired Hextall is now (finally) in front of them again. I guess we'll know soon enough which way they picked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Saaaandyyyyyy, I  love torts, lol. He is my wife's favorite personality in the game today, met him twice in Columbus at team meet And greets. She said in person he is the most charming man she has ever met and has him listed as her 'hall pass' person even, lol. 

Truth is he is a fine coach who got as much or more out of the sows ear that Fletcher tried to pass off as a silk purse to the fans. At least under torts the  kids play hard or not at all, with no favoritism towards the vets. He is never a long term answer but he does bring structure. 

Crimeny, I just read the above, it looks like I have torts on my hall pass list, lol. Nttiawwt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Saaaandyyyyyy, I  love torts, lol. He is my wife's favorite personality in the game today, met him twice in Columbus at team meet And greets. She said in person he is the most charming man she has ever met and has him listed as her 'hall pass' person even, lol. 

Truth is he is a fine coach who got as much or more out of the sows ear that Fletcher tried to pass off as a silk purse to the fans. At least under torts the  kids play hard or not at all, with no favoritism towards the vets. He is never a long term answer but he does bring structure. 

Crimeny, I just read the above, it looks like I have torts on my hall pass list, lol. Nttiawwt

LOL...you don't have to convince me.
Torts is on my Hall of Fame, Bolts edition. He did, after all, guide TB to their first ever championship, and had those Lightning players understand that they will "Walk Together Forever".

My comments were simply those of the spirits of forums past, Ebenezer! :bigteeth:

• Like 2

Hallaluejah!!! Necessary first step. No sympathy for Chuck. Every day he has spent as an NHL GM was a day too many. He has proven over and over in Minnesota and Philly he is incapable of the job. We will see what is next. Neither Hextall nor Chuckles had the right plan. Does Danny Boy? 

• Like 2

Ooh boy, what a front office. Fletcher was allowed to do absolutely nothing on deadline day, was sent out to be roasted alive by the fans at that town hall, and then is fired to appease those fans a few days later. I've long made it a habit of posting and then reading the other comments... If there aren't several "Great; now what about Clarke, etc" posts, I'll be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know how reliable this Anthony SanFilippo is, but he tweeted this:

tweet.jpg.8c0ec910e4f6e3567855d55e27e11740.jpg

If he is right, could make LOTS of fans on this board happy.
Bigger changes coming?
Is that a hint that someone, somewhere, FINALLY realizes that changes at the higher levels of management are needed?

We will see...

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

What the record for numbers of views and posts on a thread in this forum? This topic may set the new record!!

Meh...not NEARLY as much as a Lindy Ruff rehire in Buffalo, followed by the return of Ryan Miller to the crease would have set. :ph34r: 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

As for replacements, I'd love to see Mark Hunter become the new VP of Hockey Operations, Eric Tulsky become the GM, move Briere to the assistant GM role, Kimmo Timonen to be Director of Player Personnel. 

Outside of Kimmo ....who are these guys.  I am not familiar with the names.  Could you shed some insight to as why they would be a good fit here?  Many thanks.

37 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'd also like to see an overhaul in Lehigh Valley. Get in a guy that knows about player development. Still looking at Kris Knoblauch, who should have never been fired to begin with.

I too have been arguing for a complete overhaul here as well.  Lappy simply is not the best person for this job.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I don't know how reliable this Anthony SanFilippo is, but he tweeted this:

tweet.jpg.8c0ec910e4f6e3567855d55e27e11740.jpg

If he is right, could make LOTS of fans on this board happy.
Bigger changes coming?
Is that a hint that someone, somewhere, FINALLY realizes that changes at the higher levels of management are needed?

We will see...

TEASE!