Flyers 2023 Entry Level Draft - 7th overall (confirmed)

pilldoc

If unable to draft either Bedard or Fantilli, who would you like to see the Flyers Draft?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Pick 2 players you would like to see the Flyers Draft if Bedard and Fantilli are unavailalbe?

• Leo Carlsson, C/W (Orebro, SHL)
    • Zach Benson, LW (Winnipeg, WHL)
    • Will Smith, C (USNTDP)
    • Andrew Cristall, LW (Kelowna, WHL)
    • Dalibor Dvorsky, C (AIK, Allsvenskan)
    • David Reinbacher, D (Kloten, NL)
    • Eduard Sale, RW (Brno, Czechia)
    • Nate Danielson, C (Brandon, WHL)
    • Brayden Yager, C (Moose Jaw, WHL)
    • Matvei Michkov, C (Sochi, KHL)
    • Other

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

So, here's a question:  pretend for a second that someone not the Flyers wins the lottery, pushing Philly to 8th pick.  Are you still drafting BPA there or are you trading back for a mid-round first and hoping to pick up a second?   All of the forwards in the 6-9 range are kind of a interchangeable, so maybe you just draft anyway.  But looking for thoughts.

Honestly don't think 7 or 8 makes much difference. I don't think I'd trade down unless I got something substantial in that exchange. It would be nice to find a way to add some 2nd round picks and grab a D man or 2 in that round as well as our first. If we did that then I'd definitely go for the flashy forward in round 1. 

Trade up into the top 5 I'd consider. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 8:42 PM, GrittyForever said:

Honestly don't think 7 or 8 makes much difference. I don't think I'd trade down unless I got something substantial in that exchange. It would be nice to find a way to add some 2nd round picks and grab a D man or 2 in that round as well as our first. If we did that then I'd definitely go for the flashy forward in round 1. 

Trade up into the top 5 I'd consider. 

Nothing like a good ol kick to the ding ding...

:hocky:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What would the Canes want for this kid right hand shot only 24 and signed for less than 900K next season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/376060/santtu-kinnunen

Would they take Provorov and this kid and some picks back in return???

I'd take Kinnunen and their 2024 1st along with the Flyer's 2nd back (they already own) in return.

16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Will Smith wouldn't be a bad catch at all. Will be playing with Cutter next season.

Would love this kid ....sadly I don't think he drops to #7.  In addition he is committed to BC next year ....(which I am ok with)

image.png.11eb288564a9e925a37e931afe47cbcc.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

image.png.11eb288564a9e925a37e931afe47cbcc.png

You just know GMDB goes for Cristall out of that "The Rest" group, right?

A) Canadian
B) Undersized
C) Canadian

Fletch would 100% go Moore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

In addition he is committed to BC next year ....(which I am ok with)

That is why i said he will be teammates with Cutter next season maybe even future teammates in the NHL but yeah you ain't getting him at 7 he will go i think top 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

You just know GMDB goes for Cristall out of that "The Rest" group, right?

A) Canadian
B) Undersized
C) Canadian

Fletch would 100% go Moore.

Fletch would 100% trade up...and take Moore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this was posted previously.

https://www.pensburgh.com/2023/5/7/23714025/ranking-the-best-and-worst-spots-for-connor-bedard-nhl-draft-lottery

10. Philadelphia: The chief rivals can’t fall too far on this list from the Pens’ perspective. Bedard playing for John Tortorella, at least to start his career? Yeah that sounds like no fun. The Flyers have squandered everything they’ve touched in going on 50 years, let’s hope Bedard isn’t the next case that they somehow ruin. This organization could foul up a one-car funeral procession, there’s no good reason Bedard should be subjected to their assortment of ineptitude. The Flyers deserve no good things or fortunate breaks like winning such a major lottery like this season. Let them win it in a future year when the next Nail Yakupov or Alex Daigle comes along

I would really like to see them get Will Smith, Andrew Cristall, or Leo Carlsson. Outside of the top 2 guys, they're who I think would benefit the Flyers the most. Who do I think they'll pick where they will probably pick? Cristall, who has been a very good playmaker and has good vision and speed. 

Edited by FD19372

If we don't win the lottery and don't move up, I'd almost like to see the Flyers trade back several slots to the 10-12 range and take either Reinbacher or Sandin-Pellikka, both RH defensemen.  Pick up some extra draft capital or a prospect in the equation.

Edited by ruxpin

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Reinbacher

I have been doing some research on this kid and well I agree he would be the target.

They need a RHD stud so bad they can taste it...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have been doing some research on this kid and well I agree he would be the target.

They need a RHD stud so bad they can taste it...

Reinbacher would absolutely be my choice between the two.  But drop back a few picks to do it and take the opportunity to add capital.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

@ruxpin

But no worries after they win Bedard tonight the key piece will be in place...

They win Bedard and under my breath I will murmur thank you Chuck Fletcher for being such a terrible GM.

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

They win Bedard and under my breath I will murmur thank you Chuck Fletcher for being such a terrible GM.

I want to see you dance a jig...

Jig GIF | Gfycat

IYKYK

:flyer:

• Like 1

Please God...we've suffered enough over the last few decades.

We've had to put up with Homer as our GM. We watched Chicago win a lottery when we were clearly the lousiest team Holmgren could assemble while going for it. We got stuck with float queen JVR, not once, but twice. We watched Homer give a complete lunatic mediocre netminder a lifetime contract, while trading away a Vezina goalie to make room for him.

Then when lady luck finally seemed to favor us and grant us the 2nd overall pick, she ripped our hearts out with injury.

Then came the darkest time in Flyer history...the hiring of the dumbest GM I've ever seen in any sport including lawn bowling. We all had to watch as he brought in lazy slug after dumb player after douchebag, throw draft picks away like, well, like Paul Holmgren was running the team all over again. We may not be the lousiest team this year, but we  were well on our way to becoming just that, while ol' Fletch was going for it , when his campaign of Flyer destruction was cut short by a fan revolt. 

So please...just this one little favor....I beg of you...

256418.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Post 1

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

If we don't win the lottery and don't move up, I'd almost like to see the Flyers trade back several slots to the 10-12 range and take either Reinbacher or Sandin-Pellikka, both RH defensemen.  Pick up some extra draft capital or a prospect in the equation.

Have to stay ahead of Buffalo though. They desperately want a RHD to eventually play with Power too. No way Reinbacher gets past them. 

In 2 and a half hours we will know where we stand.