Danny Briere: Flyers’ New GM Says ‘Rebuild,’ Welcomes the Challenge

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Sanheim is a Voracek level problem.

Nailed the comparison and in fact even Jakub may have been more productive and useful than even Sanheim has shown.

But contract wise and they should have traded him too instead of resigning him. And now here we are...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

FrHl2IPWIDgc0bu.jpg.8cbddde7000de7d709c832bbfb9dc037.jpg

People act like Hart is 30 years old. He's 24. Goalie's don't hit they're prime until around 27-28.  Some don't see the NHL until 25. I don't get people's logic on Hart. Provy and possibly Hayes will be gone this summer. I don't get the rush why people are trying to trade Hart. He still has one year left on his deal and is still an RFA after.  Goalie's don't usually get huge returns on the market. And the teams looking are usually looking to ad that final piece. They're drafts picks won't be high anyways.

Edited by albertaflyer
spelling
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

People act like Hart is 30 years old. He's 24. Goalie's don't hit they're prime until around 27-28.  Some don't see the NHL until 25. I don't get people's logic on Hart. Provy and possibly Hayes will be gone this summer. I don't get the rush why people are trying to trade Hart. He still has one year left on his deal and is still an RFA after.  Goalie's don't usually get huge returns on the market. And the teams looking are usually looking to ad that final piece. They're drafts picks won't be high anyways.

The ONLY reason I could see to trade Hart is if you actually wanted to tank....cause he's probably solely responsible for 20 points this year. But it would have to be a huge return, and as you mentioned, you just don't get that for goalies...which is stupid, because they can win games on their own.

5 hours ago, radoran said:

We're essentially back to where they were after Holmgren left them in the huge cap crunch.

Briere is the new Hextall.

I say flip Hart to Tronno for Matthews and make them take 50% of Hayes with him. Tronno gains $5M in cap space... :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Small problem with that. Matthews has a full no trade clause and he'd be a UFA at the end of next season even if he did agree to the trade. What do you think the odds are he'd stay in Philly past that? (not to mention he quits defensively on some plays so Torts would yell at him and...........)

Hart is a potential trade piece but that'd be more in the tear down and start over mode. Offer Hart to Buffalo maybe? They have a ton of prospects and no goalie. 

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

But it would have to be a huge return, and as you mentioned, you just don't get that for goalies

This.

He is the least of my worries.

They would need a hell of a return before i just move him.

But i will listen to offers for every player on my roster.

But my priorities are removing Hayes and DeAngelo.

JVR gone there would be only one other player i'd rather be gone.

It is shaping up as a nice skeleton of a roster that needs a few skill pieces.

12 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The ONLY reason I could see to trade Hart is if you actually wanted to tank

A little late on that. Hey everyone wanted a rebuild i guess now we can complain how they do it.

Hey something new to bitch about. The fire Chuck horse has been buried. R.I.P.

All i want if they decide to pull the trigger on moving him it needs to be for a very very good return. Anything else would be insane.

• Like 1

Wow i have to say already no on the first search of this.

Jack Campbell 31 with 4 more years with a cap hit of 5 mill?? Hey no!!!!! 

If i was to even think about trading Hart well it would be with intentions of moving forward with Ersson and Sandstrom in goal for a year or two so no need to take on Jack Campbell in this deal at that price. 

I have to say no unless you are planning on flipping Campbell again.

Wouldn't make no sense in a rebuild.

So on that merit alone i would turn this offer down.

You'd have to throw Carter Savoie in there too instead of Tyler Tullio (a RW Flyers have enough) Savoie is a LW.

PASS till modified for real.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#bourbonup
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Small problem with that. Matthews has a full no trade clause and he'd be a UFA at the end of next season even if he did agree to the trade. What do you think the odds are he'd stay in Philly past that? (not to mention he quits defensively on some plays so Torts would yell at him and...........)

Hart is a potential trade piece but that'd be more in the tear down and start over mode. Offer Hart to Buffalo maybe? They have a ton of prospects and no goalie. 

Obviously you need to nail all that (contract, etc) down as part of the deal.

It's more wild speculation but I do think they need (and want) to do something to radically change course.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Here we go an offer i would have to do research on these guy before i can call it....

FrILZWGaYAgcP_d.thumb.jpg.14678332144d5e2a5c21136ef63f8334.jpg

Sorry do not want Campbell.  He in essence lost hist job to to Skinner.  He has a 0.882 SV% and a 3.57 GAA.  Granted he has 20 wins but that is simply because of the offense that the Oilers generate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

All i want if they decide to pull the trigger on moving him it needs to be for a very very good return. Anything else would be insane.

Adding Matthews and losing Hayes seems like a win/win. :hocky:

Hart is dangerously close to being the next Carey Price who last I looked has won bubkus and been in two Finals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow i have to say already no on the first search of this.

Jack Campbell 31 with 4 more years with a cap hit of 5 mill?? Hey no!!!!! 

We posted almost at the same time .....   I want nothing to do with Campbell.  He was a flash in the pan with the Leafs last  year before signing with Edm.  He has struggled mightily this year ........

• Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Sorry do not want Campbell.  He in essence lost hist job to to Skinner.  He has a 0.882 SV% and a 3.57 GAA.  Granted he has 20 wins but that is simply because of the offense that the Oilers generate.

Yes i agree see my last response above. I have to be wowed to move Carter Hart.

• Like 1

Just now, radoran said:

Hart is dangerously close to being the next Carey Price who last I looked has won bubkus and been in two Finals.

Yes if i am moving Hart i want a guy like Matthews in return more so over several pieces in return.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I'm only moving Hart for the deal "I" want and am not interested in cleaning up other people's messes.

If the deal isn't there I'm happy holding on to him.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

I'm only moving Hart for the deal "I" want and am not interested in cleaning up other people's messes.

If the deal isn't there I'm happy holding on to him.

Absolutely agree here.  No need to move a player simply because you want to move a player.  This team has cleaned up other team's messes far to long.  No more dumb trades and stupid extensions ... I'm looking  at you Fletch, RE: Risto ......

Time to be smart about things ........

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, radoran said:

That's my issue, why the hell would the Flyers trade Hart who is only 24 years old. Even if the rebuild takes 5 years, Hart would be coming into his prime as a goalie at 29. This rebuild should have happened starting 5 years ago but Fletcher and the rest of the brain trust didn't think it was needed.

4 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

That's my issue, why the hell would the Flyers trade Hart who is only 24 years old. Even if the rebuild takes 5 years, Hart would be coming into his prime as a goalie at 29. This rebuild should have happened starting 5 years ago but Fletcher and the rest of the brain trust didn't think it was needed.

You don't trade Hart "to trade Hart" you do it to maximize the value of your assets and improve the team.

If that deal isn't there, don't make it.

:hocky:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

This move would require an very good offer that moves the needle for me to even consider.

• Like 1