Danny Briere: Flyers’ New GM Says ‘Rebuild,’ Welcomes the Challenge

On 3/23/2023 at 6:24 AM, RonJeremy said:

He stole my story, I wrote all this the other day.

Flyers have to make a decision too on another one after the college playoffs are done too.

No not Devin Kaplan for BU he has a few more years i'm talking about 2019 7th round pick Bryce Brodzinski with Minnesota Gophers who put up 18 goals for 29 points in 37 games this year.

Also for center depth they may sign Gavin Hain 2018 6th round pick from Ron's last draft in Philly.

I think a few guys will make the jump next season to the NHL so might as well restock the stable for the Phantoms.

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers have to make a decision too on another one after the college playoffs are done too.

No not Devin Kaplan for BU he has a few more years i'm talking about 2019 7th round pick Bryce Brodzinski with Minnesota Gophers who put up 18 goals for 29 points in 37 games this year.

Also for center depth they may sign Gavin Hain 2018 6th round pick from Ron's last draft in Philly.

I think a few guys will make the jump next season to the NHL so might as well restock the stable for the Phantoms.

That's why I would also sign Jay O' Brien, he has a high skill level but was set back with injuries.  Just look at Frost his development was slowed from covid lockdown and injuries and now he's looking real good. Nobody on the team has puck skills like Frost. It's a good thing we didn't give up on him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

That's why I would also sign Jay O' Brien, he has a high skill level but was set back with injuries.

Well they need center depth too.

They have space to add 4 contracts not sure if they add them this year though.

But they need the center depth.

Only centers they will have next season is Jon-Randall Avon, Jackson Cates (if resigned) and Zayde Wisdom.

So they need some talent down the middle.

@RonJeremy

Also it might do them some good to try and sign Austen Swankler who is a free agent for some depth all it would cost is a contract.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/298560/austen-swankler

And a right hand shot for the defense with some huge upside and needed righties is Jake Livingstone.

Great size and a solid two way game to develop maybe.

They only have 2 right hand shots down in the AHL so they need the depth.

On 3/22/2023 at 1:00 PM, flyercanuck said:

I wanted him his draft year.

But of course Fletcher thought getting Ristolainen was more important....Clarke is already a better defenceman than Risto. 

Danny B needs to be aggressive and make a very good offer to start the rebuild off right!!!

Going to look good in the orange and black!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Danny B needs to be aggressive and make a very good offer to start the rebuild off right!!!

Going to look good in the orange and black!!!!!!!!

Torts likes my idea!!!

Fr8o20BX0AILABq.jpg.b74e1485e9a38a11e40116902e8d3f69.jpg

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

@RonJeremy

Also it might do them some good to try and sign Austen Swankler who is a free agent for some depth all it would cost is a contract.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/298560/austen-swankler

And a right hand shot for the defense with some huge upside and needed righties is Jake Livingstone.

Great size and a solid two way game to develop maybe.

They only have 2 right hand shots down in the AHL so they need the depth.

There are always alot of solid defensemen coming out of the colleges .

5 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Just look at Frost his development was slowed from covid lockdown and injuries and now he's looking real good

Is he? I dunno I think he’s still a giant question mark. He’s definitely coming along but he still makes one bad play for every good one. I get the feeling he thinks he’s still in Juniors and can dazzle right by everybody. Either that or he’s got too much Jake Voracek in him (who I always liked). Frost is a better player than he was a year ago, on both sides of the ice. Maybe it’s just a matter of time before he learns to respect the speed and talent in the NHL.

13 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Is he? I dunno I think he’s still a giant question mark. He’s definitely coming along but he still makes one bad play for every good one. I get the feeling he thinks he’s still in Juniors and can dazzle right by everybody. Either that or he’s got too much Jake Voracek in him (who I always liked). Frost is a better player than he was a year ago, on both sides of the ice. Maybe it’s just a matter of time before he learns to respect the speed and talent in the NHL.

Remain patient he is just 23 and Danny Briere didn't break out till he was 24 so by next season we should know better where he is headed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Remain patient he is just 23 and Danny Briere didn't break out till he was 24 so by next season we should know better where he is headed.

Or the season after. Not everyone develops on the same trajectory. Patience will be key going forward. It's not like this thing is in a rush...that idiot is gone. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CoachX said:

on other unrelated news, I ACTUALLY watched last nights game

This must have happened when i got up to grab a drink...

Fr8jCbSX0AMWQAQ.jpg.e00cc65f7f7ab6c1d478d7d52335a742.jpg

Now this is worth seeing live.

I had the game on, fell asleep just in time to see friggin Scott Laughton score...ugh! 

After that I couldn't fall back to sleep and the game wasn't too bad. They seemed faster and looked like they gave a schit

17 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

He’s definitely made way more progress in one year under Torts than the previous three years. His offensive skills are fantastic and his defensive play has gotten better but still can improve. I haven’t seen any other Flyers make some of the plays he has .Sometimes you have to live with some defensive lapses with good offensive players. 

28 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Sometimes you have to live with some defensive lapses with good offensive players. 

This is true especially when they are learning on the job. The level of mistake is the thing that will temper things.

I know Bedard has been all the talk and i see why but this isn't a bad consolation prize.

Edited by OccamsRazor

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is true especially when they are learning on the job. The level of mistake is the thing that will temper things.

I know Bedard has been all the talk and i see why but this isn't a bad consolation prize.

I would take either Fantilli or Carlson as a consolation prize…

• Like 2

Sure there’s no harm in waiting at least another year, not only for Frost but all the younger guys. I’ve been impressed with all of them one way or another. Hopefully getting rid of Hayes, DeAngelo and Ristolainen doesn’t cost the Flyers any of the young talent but maybe that’s too much to expect.

3 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Sure there’s no harm in waiting at least another year, not only for Frost but all the younger guys. I’ve been impressed with all of them one way or another.

Fr_d1maWcAU-F9R.jpg.ec50016e8d446066258f50504869b1f1.jpg

Trending upwards.

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Sure there’s no harm in waiting at least another year, not only for Frost but all the younger guys. I’ve been impressed with all of them one way or another. Hopefully getting rid of Hayes, DeAngelo and Ristolainen doesn’t cost the Flyers any of the young talent but maybe that’s too much to expect.

Allegedly,Columbus wants Hayes. Eating half the contract is better than paying the whole thing and we free up a roster spot and cap space. TDA only has one year left, so if we eat 2 million of the 5 million we can probably dump him..The problem with Risto is his contract and term, although his play has improved . I think if we trade TDA and Provy, then Risto stays.

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Allegedly,Columbus wants Hayes. Eating half the contract is better than paying the whole thing and we free up a roster spot and cap space. TDA only has one year left, so if we eat 2 million of the 5 million we can probably dump him

Done. They can have them both.

But i think you can find a team who would take TDA at 50% off to add to their blueline.

Can might even take him back they have 3 D men needing new deals.

I just want them gone and would look at it as free up 6 in cap space.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Can might even take him back they have 3 D men needing new deals.

I just want them gone and would look at it as free up 6 in cap space.

I think Can wanted him gone, too.  But hell, if they'll take him, retain what you have to to make it happen. Anything coming back is bonus.

• Like 1