NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals: Carolina (M1) vs. Florida (WC) - (Florida wins series 4-0)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals: Carolina (M1) vs. Toronto (A2) or Florida (WC)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Hurricanes sweeps in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Panthers sweep in 4*
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals: Carolina (M1) vs. Florida (WC) - (Florida leads series 3-0)
3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

wow ...just wow ....

raise your hand if you predicted Panthers would be up 3-0 .....

I don't think ANYONE saw the Panthers even getting past the first round at Boston....much less taking out the record setters, bumping the Leafs (in five no less), and now with a chance to sweep the Hurricanes.
Wow indeed.
A bit of luck, lots of hard work and hustle, and Bobrovsky and Verhaeghe playing out of their minds have all combined to put the Panthers where they are!

21 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Nope, thought the canes had a lil more Jam than this...

Funny you should mention "jam".
I was looking over the Carolina roster yesterday after seeing them down 0-3, wondering just where in the hell are their players.

Granted, they have a a key piece here and there injured, but the truth is, looking through their lineup....they really DON'T have guys with "jam".
At least, not the kind of in-your-face, dirty-greasy, low level ninja, swab the deck with a toothbrush kinda 'jam' that makes teams supremely tough to play against.
And that is something, coincidentally, that the Panthers seem to have in spades!

Bennett, Gudas, Lomberg (that rodent!), Tkachuk....that kind of player.
And point producers like Verhaeghe, Cousins, and Duclair don't seem too shy about getting their noses dirty in the trenches either.

Carolina has super skilled, super fast, defensively skilled and responsible players.
But their lineup DOES seem to lack that......playoff toughness....that ornery intangible....that PITA mentality....that...well, like you said...JAM!

Somebody better throw the Canes a jar of Smuckers real quick, otherwise, the Panthers are gonna finish them off in four!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I don't think ANYONE saw the Panthers even getting past the first round at Boston....much less taking out the record setters, bumping the Leafs (in five no less), and now with a chance to sweep the Hurricanes.
Wow indeed.
A bit of luck, lots of hard work and hustle, and Bobrovsky and Verhaeghe playing out of their minds have all combined to put the Panthers where they are!

Funny you should mention "jam".
I was looking over the Carolina roster yesterday after seeing them down 0-3, wondering just where in the hell are their players.

Granted, they have a a key piece here and there injured, but the truth is, looking through their lineup....they really DON'T have guys with "jam".
At least, not the kind of in-your-face, dirty-greasy, low level ninja, swab the deck with a toothbrush kinda 'jam' that makes teams supremely tough to play against.
And that is something, coincidentally, that the Panthers seem to have in spades!

Bennett, Gudas, Lomberg (that rodent!), Tkachuk....that kind of player.
And point producers like Verhaeghe, Cousins, and Duclair don't seem too shy about getting their noses dirty in the trenches either.

Carolina has super skilled, super fast, defensively skilled and responsible players.
But their lineup DOES seem to lack that......playoff toughness....that ornery intangible....that PITA mentality....that...well, like you said...JAM!

Somebody better throw the Canes a jar of Smuckers real quick, otherwise, the Panthers are gonna finish them off in four!

Since i have been a member of this site, this might be the most winningnest post i've ever seen....

100 percent agree....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I don't think ANYONE saw the Panthers even getting past the first round at Boston....

I do think that first rounder will prove to be the actual Stanley Cup decider.

If this were double elimination, I’d expect Boston to survive out of the loser’s bracket and eventually get the rematch with Florida in a final.

Here is some info from Wikipedia:

"The Panthers began playing in the 1993–94 NHL season, where they set the record for the most points by an expansion team in its inaugural season until surpassed by the Vegas Golden Knights in 2017–18. The team has made one appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1996, eventually losing the Finals to the Colorado Avalanche. Since then, the Panthers have only qualified for the Stanley Cup playoffs seven times, not winning a playoff series again until 2022, and have struggled to find sustained success.

In the 1996 playoffs, as the fourth seed in the East, the Panthers faced the Boston Bruins in the first round and won in five games. Bill Lindsay's series-clinching goal is still a trademark image for the run the third-year franchise went on. The Panthers went on to upset the top-seeded Philadelphia Flyers in six games followed by the second-seeded Pittsburgh Penguins in seven (with Tom Fitzgerald scoring what would end up being the game-winning goal) to reach the Stanley Cup Finals against the Colorado Avalanche, another team making its first Finals appearance.[14] The Avalanche, however, swept the Panthers in four games. Despite losing in the Finals, the Panthers set a record for most wins by an expansion team in their first postseason appearance with 12 victories (this record would later be broken by the Vegas Golden Knights during their inaugural season in 2017–18)."

Probably these 2 teams (Panthers and Golden Nights) will meet in finals together this season. Impressed already by Florida Panthers achievements these playoffs. 

Def a couple breaks on the non-calls last night but the officiating has been generally okay in the series. I didn’t like that stupid hooking call though, which naturally turned into the GWer. Calls like that really sour me on the NHL. It’s bad enough seeing them in the reg season…

But the Panthers are defending so well especially in their own zone that not even the ‘Canes, who normally pick apart defenses in waves, can muscle through it and get any “greasy” goals. Bob has been tested plenty but he hasn’t had to face a ton of 2nd and 3rd chances. If that doesn’t change for G4 the Cats will wrap it up at home tomorrow night. 

Says the lazy chick sitting on the couch munching Doritos with nothing invested into the game except hunting the remote control...lol and then won't just let anyone reply to her....so very weak.

She needs to go watch the bachelor or something else.

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Says the lazy chick sitting on the couch munching Doritos with nothing invested into the game except hunting the remote control...lol and then won't just let anyone reply to her....so very weak.

She needs to go watch the bachelor or something else.

Maybe Mia need to understand that perhaps if Jesper Kotkaniemi had a little more rage they wouldn't be down 3-0

18 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Since i have been a member of this site, this might be the most winningnest post i've ever seen....

100 percent agree....

TFG always has good to great posts, to the point of taking them for granted!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Maybe Mia need to understand that perhaps if Jesper Kotkaniemi had a little more rage they wouldn't be down 3-0

Well - backs against the wall in an elimination game - yeah if he can't find it now at 22 going on 23 in another month i would be extremely disappointed in him...and Aho who hasn't had a goal in the last 5 games. And it also isn't just on those two....

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well - backs against the wall in an elimination game - yeah if he can't find it now at 22 going on 23 in another month i would be extremely disappointed in him...and Aho who hasn't had a goal in the last 5 games. And it also isn't just on those two....

All true but … Bob. Plus the stifling D is just killing their attack. They’re not getting shots thru from the point, they’re not finding rebounds, etc. I hear ya, big games your best have to step up. But the Panthers are putting on a defensive clinic and if there’s any mistakes or lapses…Bob. 

Too bad the Flyers could never get a guy like Bobrovsky…😆

• Uggh... 1