NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) - (Vegas wins series 4-2)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) or Seattle (WC1)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Knights sweep in 4
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6*
    • Knights in 7
    • Stars sweep in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

@radoran

I remember.

I guess, Ryan was thinking hard around the boards but then saw Heiskenan and wound up doing neither. 

Wrongfooted his brain. 

Terrible situation to make that mistake. Plus, his reaction of spectating to see the results...I'd scratch him for game 3 if I was DeBoer. I might not stop there.

13 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I guess, Ryan was thinking hard around the boards but then saw Heiskenan and wound up doing neither. 

Wrongfooted his brain. 

Terrible situation to make that mistake. Plus, his reaction of spectating to see the results...I'd scratch him for game 3 if I was DeBoer. I might not stop there.

Tragically, Suter has been pretty decent in the playoffs after being godawful bad in the regular season. And then came that mistake in the best suteresque way possible. The problem is that DeBoer LOVES Suter. I don't know why but he has never sent any kind of message towards him, even if advanced stats ranked him like 200th over 200 Dmen in some of these deep analytics parameters.

On the other hand, Suter is now the second defenseman in the Stars' chart. If he doesn't play, Heiskanen will average like 50 minutes TOI per game. The huge hole in defense is blatant and Vegas are making sure to make all of us aware of that.

• Like 1

Down 2-0 in the series, hoping to be back on track with the crowd energy and what you do is:

- allow the first goal after less than 2 minutes in the game after an awful sloppy play by Lindell and Robertson

- Your captain and supposed leader getting a major and game misconduct after a cheap cross-check on Stone right after that

- Vegas scoring the second goal in the resulting PP

- Vegas scoring a third goal where Öttinger looked weak

- And Dadonov injured after colliding with Hintz.

At that point it's almost getting funny.

I know Jamie Benn likes to with emotion and physical play, but that was just an unbelievably stupid cross-check to Stone's throat, while he was on the ice. I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that he plays in Game 4, but the way it looks, it doesn't matter, anyway. The defensive lapses that Dallas have had in this series, have been awful.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I know Jamie Benn likes to with emotion and physical play, but that was just an unbelievably stupid cross-check to Stone's throat, while he was on the ice. I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that he plays in Game 4, but the way it looks, it doesn't matter, anyway. The defensive lapses that Dallas have had in this series, have been awful.

And nothing happened prior to that. The series have been correct so far, no cheap shots, Stone didn't do anything special... As stupid as ununderstandable. If Benn is not suspended, I'd scratch him for the next game* if I were DeBoer.

* I mean, the last game. Vegas will sweep the Stars on Thursday.

• Like 1

I was cussing at Benn through my TV.

That was stupid,  then Oettinger loses his net on the PP goal and gives up an AHL side backhander to Carrier for his first of the playoffs. 

Dallas did not play complementary hockey tonight and deserved that asswhuppin'.

I think they'll need a miracle to come back in this series. 

I didn't think that on Sunday.

I was truly confident tonight but retrospectively the Vegas' tying goal late in game #2 was a killer for the Stars. They did allright before that, and after that Suter brain cramp, they allowed the GWG after only one minute in OT, and then they allowed the first goal tonight after the first shot on goal. And the Benn penalty pretty much sealed it.

And frankly, Vegas is just better in all aspects. They have four equal lines that contribute. No regrets in that sense except a win in game #2 would have kept things interesting.

It's somehow funny because 32 years ago day per day, the then North Stars also collapsed in a similar way against the Pens in the SC final game #5, trailing 4-0 after the first with Casey being kicked out of the game in the first period. Like Öttinger.

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) - (Vegas leads series 3-0)

I’m surprised by the deficit here.  I had Vegas winning but I thought it would be more of a fight.  I give Carolina a far better shot of being the next team to rally from 3-0.  Who ever imagined a Vegas vs Florida final?

24 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Who ever imagined a Vegas vs Florida final?

I did!

On 3/11/2023 at 3:50 PM, NHL HHOF said:

The Florida Panthers will knock out Pittsburgh for the #8 spot in the east. The Florida Panthers will win the Stanley Cup against Vegas, and Florida will re-sign Eric Staal to a 3-year $1.2 million contract and he will retire with 500 goals.

It's peak NHL to give Benn a 2-game suspension for that crosscheck and only 1 for the Pietrangelo slash. What's worse is that Benn was thrown out early, so that's almost 3 games the Stars don't have him. Pietrangelo's was at the end of the game.

• Like 2