NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) - (Vegas wins series 4-2)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) or Seattle (WC1)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Knights sweep in 4
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6*
    • Knights in 7
    • Stars sweep in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

I was more leaning to a 1-game suspension but given that a 2-game suspension in the playoffs is equivalent to a 55-game suspension in the regular season, I see the League's decision more as a Benn tribute as a whole rather than the lone Stone cross-check.

Anyway, it's not like he was somehow useful for the Stars in the playoffs so far...

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) - (Vegas leads series 3-1)
3 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Why? I rather see Kessel than Fleury! 

Kessel already has two Cups, but Vegas doesn't. Vegas can wait. Dallas has a Cup, but Joe Pavelski doesn't. Florida doesn't have a Cup either, and they have Eric Staal, who needs a second Cup, and to play a few more seasons to get to 500 goals to make his case for the Hockey Hall of Fame stronger. If Florida somehow manages to mess things up in the Final, I'd rather have Joe Pavelski win the Stanley Cup instead of Phil Kessel, who might not even play in the Final. Winning the Stanley Cup will give Joe Pavelski a better case for the Hockey Hall of Fame, plus he will be a 500+ goal-scorer in a couple more seasons. Other 500+ goals club members not in the Hall of Fame yet - Patrick Marleau, Keith Tkachuk, Pierre Turgeon, Jeremy Roenick, and Peter Bondra never won the Stanley Cup, but Pat Verbeek did.

3 hours ago, NHL HHOF said:

Kessel already has two Cups, but Vegas doesn't. Vegas can wait. Dallas has a Cup, but Joe Pavelski doesn't. Florida doesn't have a Cup either, and they have Eric Staal, who needs a second Cup, and to play a few more seasons to get to 500 goals to make his case for the Hockey Hall of Fame stronger. If Florida somehow manages to mess things up in the Final, I'd rather have Joe Pavelski win the Stanley Cup instead of Phil Kessel, who might not even play in the Final. Winning the Stanley Cup will give Joe Pavelski a better case for the Hockey Hall of Fame, plus he will be a 500+ goal-scorer in a couple more seasons. Other 500+ goals club members not in the Hall of Fame yet - Patrick Marleau, Keith Tkachuk, Pierre Turgeon, Jeremy Roenick, and Peter Bondra never won the Stanley Cup, but Pat Verbeek did.

I agree Vegas can wait. Too short NHL history for this team and probably 2 Final Cup appearances already in 5 years(2018 and 2023). I think Vegas would finish this round#3 with a win at their home ice tomorrow.  Dallas has a Cup, but Panthers do not since establishing this team in 1993. Actually Eric Staal needs a Cup for his brother Marc who doesn't nave it yet. That is all he needs at this moment. Both Eric(38 y.o.) and Jordan(34 y.o.) have a Cup , and now Marc(36 y.o.) needs to have it for making a unique professional NHL family which never happened in NHL history. 3 brothers  who won Stanley Cups in their career in NHL. Fantastic dream hopefully will transform into the true goal in 2023.

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Western Conference Finals: Vegas (P1) vs. Dallas (C2) - (Vegas leads series 3-2)
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It is reminding me what Benn did with Stone in game #3. Same thing he did with a Stone's head and neck. He was more focus to make an injury to Marc Stone than to control the puck. Surprise that Vegas was not able to finish these series in games#4 or #5. Now we are going to see this monster again in game#6 and maybe game#7. And maybe in finals too. This dangerous player should be suspended to entire playoffs games. Here is how he did :

https://www.nhl.com/video/benn-suspended-two-games/t-277440360/c-17345795