Coyotes stadium plan rejected by voters

Puck_Pun

On 5/17/2023 at 5:26 AM, Brewin Flames said:

32 teams is quite enough, don't need anymore....

Arizona has been a failure from start to (almost) finished and now it's time for Gary to move them, but where.

I agree it is time to move them.

Why wait any long the residents have spoken they don't care about hockey it's ok find someone who does.

44 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree it is time to move them.

Why wait any long the residents have spoken they don't care about hockey it's ok find someone who does.

I mean Atlanta is sitting right there

:hocky:

• Haha 1

NHL, NHLPA to discuss salary cap, future of Arizona Coyotes this week

The NHLPA and NHL will meet this week to open discussions on a variety of issues that include the possibility of increasing the salary cap beyond the prescribed $1 million, Slap Shots has learned.

Executive director Marty Walsh, who has been on the job for two months, and newly appointed assistant director Ron Hainsey will confer with commissioner Gary Bettman after having conducted three meetings with player agents in precincts across the continent over the last couple of weeks.

The Players’ Association is on record that the union will not be willing to raise the escrow ceiling of six percent for each of the next three seasons as a trade-off for elevating the cap above $83.5 million.

We have learned that the PA is willing to discuss increasing the schedule to 84 games.

That could be a chip if the commissioner does not adopt his typical intransigent take-it-or-leave-it stance.

We’re told that a look at shortening training camp is on the agenda in addition, of course, to the state of the perpetually distressed Coyotes after ownership’s bid to build an arena in Tempe, Ariz., was rejected by voters, just the way the Lighthouse project had been denied by voters on Long Island in 2011.

The future of the Coyotes franchise is in the same flux it has been since the team moved to Glendale, Ariz., in 2003, remaining the constant drain on hockey-related revenues it has been with the commissioner’s unwavering and zealous support for two decades.

This is Gary’s Folly.

And no, the league will not leap to relocate the franchise when doing so might eliminate a potential expansion destination that could produce an entry fee of between $750 million and $1 billion that would be shared exclusively among the owners.

Slap Shots has also learned that Coyotes players filed multiple complaints with the PA during the season about sub-standard travel, lodging and logistical issues that were in violation of the collective bargaining agreement.

That will be addressed this week.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/20/nhl-nhlpa-to-discuss-salary-cap-future-of-arizona-coyotes/

Another Stars fan suggests that this admin knows the Coyotes are toast in Arizona so he doesn't give a shït anymore. And I tend to subscribe to this.

Also, prospect Logan Cooley was set to start the season with the Coyotes but after the vote he will spend another year in Minnesota.

Edited by Math

On 5/17/2023 at 5:26 AM, Brewin Flames said:

32 teams is quite enough, don't need anymore....

Arizona has been a failure from start to (almost) finished and now it's time for Gary to move them, but where.

Atlanta a third shot! Put a contender on the ice and will attend. It may a few years with the Coyotes I honestly believe it could work. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 4:53 PM, Math said:

Another Stars fan suggests that this admin knows the Coyotes are toast in Arizona so he doesn't give a shït anymore. And I tend to subscribe to this.

Also, prospect Logan Cooley was set to start the season with the Coyotes but after the vote he will spend another year in Minnesota.

From desert to desert i guess...

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Now introducing to you...your Utah Salt Devils ... :VeryCool:

I think the NHL only has room for one Devils...going to be hard to come up with a better name i don't know much about Utah at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think the NHL only has room for one Devils...going to be hard to come up with a better name i don't know much about Utah at all.

Utah Salt Lickers! :bigteeth:

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So will they be open for business soon???

Nah, they are hardly working to take over Price's contract and have all positions filled by players who won't play for them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...