Changes in Player Development Staff; Capologist

Howie58

Greetings:

It is the quiet season, but this article caught my attention.  It appears some of the player development staff are being relieved of duty.  The Assistant GM responsible for cap issues may also be out:

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/may-2023/flyers-make-changes-to-player-development-staff

I guess Danny and Keith are exercising their administrative muscle.  

I hope all is well with the gang.  

• Like 1

Thanks Howie!

The weather here in the taint of Pennsyltucky is beautiful.

Hope you're well also. 

I had heard that perhaps the cap guy was on the way out.

That aspect of the management of the club has been poorly run for too long. So good for Danny Jonesy for making the change.

Same with player development, there's more to that than just complaining about Laperierre and how he's running LHV. What I've heard from listening to the dyad (mostly Jones) is they like the job Lappy is doing there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

This is the most promising development in a while.

That was almost....almost...a postive post from you man...

Pervertido The Grinch GIF - Pervertido The Grinch Smile ...

...now you got me hitting the bourbon to celebrate tonight after supper!!!!

All we need next is for @flyercanuckto post something remotely positive and i'm getting tanked tonight!!!

C'mon guys i have faith in ye...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope these are the right moves in those guys we trust..

Occ:

Only time will tell if these are better sets if eyes. But they are different. Maybe that helps. We keep fingers crossed. It may be years before we see a difference on the ice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Occ:

Only time will tell if these are better sets if eyes. But they are different. Maybe that helps. We keep fingers crossed. It may be years before we see a difference on the ice.

I hope it works I am tired of the same ol same old.

I just want to say, it does not seem like business as usual with the Flyers.

It also does not feel like change for change's sake. 

It appears to be targeting areas where there is room to improve.

Even though this management group is made up of former Flyers, they don't act like they're afraid to make some tough choices regarding their workmates. 

I think this is a good thing. Unless of course Eric Lindros calls up and says he got a new casio calculator and wants to do that money hat thing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

That was almost....almost...a postive post from you man...

Pervertido The Grinch GIF - Pervertido The Grinch Smile ...

...now you got me hitting the bourbon to celebrate tonight after supper!!!!

All we need next is for @flyercanuckto post something remotely positive and i'm getting tanked tonight!!!

C'mon guys i have faith in ye...

Start pounding 'em back OR...good move!

As for the negativity...sorry, maybe lipstick on a pig makes some think shes gorgeous, not me.

I've only knocked moves that I thought were terrible for the Flyers...which was all of them during Fletcher reign of terror. Thank god that's behind us. Cheers!

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I just want to say, it does not seem like business as usual with the Flyers.

It also does not feel like change for change's sake. 

It appears to be targeting areas where there is room to improve.

I still need to see how they are moving with the roster before committing, but it's going nicely.

If, after the past 12 years, they didn't do anything radically different, they were going to have problems.

Still might.

Wanna see what Danny does - and it's not just this summer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, radoran said:

Hey @pilldoc we really need to look into who keeps hacking @ruxpin's account.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

We've been trying to reach you concerning your vehicle's extended warranty. You should've received a notice in the mail about your car's extended warranty eligibility. Since we haven't gotten a response, we're giving you a final courtesy call before we close out your file and murder your whole family. 

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

Yugo customer service doesn't exist.

:hocky:

If it did, it would arguably be instantly better than Comcast customer service.

Edited by ruxpin

20 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If it did, it would arguably be instantly better than Comcast customer service.

I don't believe those three words actually go together.

Welcome to Verizon. Can you hear me now? What are you going to do? Comcast?

[Really missing the GIFs]

28 minutes ago, radoran said:

I don't believe those three words actually go together.

Welcome to Verizon. Can you hear me now? What are you going to do? Comcast?

[Really missing the GIFs]

I can't get Fios here. It doesn't exist.  So I'm forced to go with "not a monopoly."

But my phone is on Verizon, so there's that.  No sarcasm in this:  I've heard horror stories about Verizon customer service.  I don't often have to use it because I can figure out most things myself, but when I have they've been terrific. No complaints.

• Like 1

per TSN:

Published Jun 02, 2023 at 10:33 AM ET

The Philadelphia Flyers announced Friday that the club has promoted Alyn McCauley to assistant general manager, Riley Armstrong to director of player development and Nick Schultz to assistant director of player development. 

The Flyers also relieved Mike O'Connell, John Riley and Kjell Samuelsson of their duties.

McCauley is entering his seventh season with the Flyers organization. He previously served as a pro scout and director of player personnel. Prior to his time in Philadelphia, he spent nine seasons with the Los Angeles Kings as a pro scout and helped them win the 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup championships. 

"I'm excited to announce the promotions of Alyn, Riley and Nick," said general manager Daniel Briere. "These three have been around the organization for some time, in particularly, with our current prospects and young players, so I know they will each provide the direction and leadership that is necessary to get our future assets to the NHL level."

Armstrong is entering his third season with the team after spending the last two years as an assistant coach with the AHL's Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Schultz has spent four years with Philadelphia as the club's player development coach after wrapping up his NHL playing career where he skated in 1,069 games with Minnesota, Edmonton, Columbus and Philadelphia. 

All these changes yet Lappy is still the head coach for the Phantoms. Would have liked a change there for sure.

But i guess we'll have to trust they know what is best for the kids and we'll look at this by the end of next year.