Changes in Player Development Staff; Capologist

Howie58

I don't quite understand the Lappy hate.

He has been HC at LHV for 2 full years now? 

In that time he's helped York find his game, and done a pretty good job with Zamula as well.

He's gotten the best out of a couple of stiffs, so much so they were able to have a cup of coffee with the big club and even be on Ol' Dave Scott's radar. _I kid.

He's gotten Ol'Foerester to the point where he's a leader in the clubhouse to be on the NHL team next season.

The guys he couldn't help- maybe they sucked?

It seems to me like the guys he's had from the jump stick with the big club, isn't that what you want ?

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't quite understand the Lappy hate.

He has been HC at LHV for 2 full years now? 

In that time he's helped York find his game, and done a pretty good job with Zamula as well.

He's gotten the best out of a couple of stiffs, so much so they were able to have a cup of coffee with the big club and even be on Ol' Dave Scott's radar. _I kid.

He's gotten Ol'Foerester to the point where he's a leader in the clubhouse to be on the NHL team next season.

The guys he couldn't help- maybe they sucked?

It seems to me like the guys he's had from the jump stick with the big club, isn't that what you want ?

Yes but part of that is to get your players to play together there is too much individual play now in the AHL.

480% win percentage isn't good enough for me the kids need playoff experience.

Only way you learn to work on your game is to actually you know play.

3 games and out isn't good enough.

We don't tolerate losing on the NHL level then the same has to for the AHL.

Winning games is all that matter hating to lose.

I've read numerous people rip in the Nick Schultz selection at assistant of player development and I believe that we need to pump the brakes a bit on him. I've worked in numerous places where guys like Nick (who is considered a throw back type of player) can't lead a job or department because of that. These throwbacks end up being great player development guys because they see the game evolve and understand what players need to do to be successful. I think Schultz is a good hire and Briere looks to be surrounding himself with guys who think the game the way he does. They all see skill, speed, tenacity and IQ as a must going forward and they all see that the development path here didn't encourage that. You develop those core four and it's easy to fit any player into a system. It's harder to just preach system over development and systemically wide an individual's skill set. Provorov is a great example of that. Myers was also another. They almost did the same to Frost and would have done the same to Tippett. I like the direction. And McCauley is an analytics guru, so you know that's going to play a big part in how things are going to be done. 

If the Flyers gave Schmuck years to mess things up, let's see if they give Briere years to fix it. The great thing is that with Jones in place, the senior advisors will no longer have the CEO's ear, so no fear of them interfering with things and no worries about knives in the back of the GM, so to speak. Jones will keep those advisors held at bay.

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16