OK Who Kidnapped Bryzaster....

Guest flyercanuck

...and replaced him with a real NHL goalie? Haven't been able to keep up with what's going on...looked up the last 4 games and see TWO shutouts and some apparently rock solid goaltending. So whats the deal, is this clown actually finally earning some of the money he's been embezzling from this franchise?

Hey man @flyercanuck welcome back.

As I was saying to the guys in Chat last night, he looks like a completely different goalie, in every respect. It seems to have coincided with switching to black pads. But also, I think guys are trying harder to block shots, clear bodies etc. Last night was a team win in every sense of the word.

short answer, "yes he is."

It looks like he just decided to play up to his abilities and knock-off the whole "I'm such a character" routine. He looks (and sounds) like a teammate now instead of a wanna-be media darling. Every aspect of his game is turned around, the movement post-to-post, the focus on the puck, reading the play, anticipating where the danger will be - we saw none of that for the first 5 months and now it looks completely natural to him.

Come PO time we'll see whether Bryzgalov is a choke-artist or if he's been the victim of playing for a poor PO team. If he shines in Philadelphia those Phoenix failures will be washed away for good.

...and replaced him with a real NHL goalie? Haven't been able to keep up with what's going on...looked up the last 4 games and see TWO shutouts and some apparently rock solid goaltending. So whats the deal, is this clown actually finally earning some of the money he's been embezzling from this franchise?

Hater.

He's been playing great since Jan - where the hell have you been?

Oh yea, overeacting to a slow start.

LOL. Ya, his .740 save percentages were awesome. If he were a rookie, or at least a younger player trying to find his way, I'd cut him more slack. A 31 year old veteran making $10 million this year and ranked near dead last in the entire league deserves all the accolades I gave him. Glad to see if he's finally doing what he's being paid to do.

Hey man @flyercanuck welcome back.

As I was saying to the guys in Chat last night, he looks like a completely different goalie, in every respect. It seems to have coincided with switching to black pads. But also, I think guys are trying harder to block shots, clear bodies etc. Last night was a team win in every sense of the word.

Thanks Pods. I know the team wasn't playing great in front of him lately, but that's his fault. You knew they'd start to give up on him eventually. And if he starting earning his pay, they'd jump right back in with him.

LOL. Ya, his .740 save percentages were awesome. If he were a rookie, or at least a younger player trying to find his way, I'd cut him more slack. A 31 year old veteran making $10 million this year and ranked near dead last in the entire league deserves all the accolades I gave him. Glad to see if he's finally doing what he's being paid to do.

he's ranked 12th in the league right now. ok... that's just for W's... lol. but hey... we gotta look at the positives here.

I am holding my breath. I've seen to much... to many terrible things, horrible things, frightening things, inconceivable things... things no hockey fan should ever see.

Me too....Apparently Green Man missed all those.

Actually this is the Bryz i envisioned when i wanted them to go after him.

I watched a lot of Yotes game cause there always on late, so this is more of what i saw. Now i admit i watch a lot of Kings games late at night.

Anyways, with that said i never intended to sign him to a 9yr/$51million deal.

Hopefully he keeps the stellar play up.

They'll need all that can get facing the Lundquistes and Thomases of the Eastern conference gauntlet.

• Like 1

@OccamsRazor

I never had a problem with going after Bryzgalov. I thought they might have plucked him off the waiver wire backinnaday (I *think* that was the "worst season ever").

But the 9 years/$51M threw me completely. And then his play.

I'm pleased to see the goalie we thought we were getting right when we would need him the most.

right when we would need him the most

I know what you mean of course, but let's see what happens come PO time ... then we'll really see if it's "right when we need him most."

He's showing signs of life lately, which is great. He's playing very well right now. Will he crumble back into a Bryzaster when the going gets PO-tough? I guess we'll all find out in a few weeks...