OK Who Kidnapped Bryzaster....

Guest flyercanuck

@JackStraw: is that from the Zappa song?

I was hoping Bryz would finally start playing like he currently is. Sure I didn't want to wait this long for it to happen.

If he stays on his game we'll have a nice playoff run.

If he senses the planets, stars, and galaxies out of alignment... It's a first round exit

He's been playing great since Jan - where the hell have you been?

Oh yea, overeacting to a slow start.

Great since Jan? Better then the first half of the season, but by no means great. I consider his current play great. No soft goals and bailing out the team if there is a break down.

I'll tell you where I was, at each and every home game and he was NOT playing great. He was allowing soft goals and contributing to the team playing poorly. A slow start is playing poorly for the first month of the season. Bryz has been inconsistent at best (that's being really kind) all year. I am more then happy to cheer him on now that he is playing worthy of hs contract.

He could lead us all the way to Stanley Cup glory this year, and I won't regret booing him off the ice at times because it was warranted, just like now when I cheer him on because it is warranted. You really do get what you give in this town.

Edited by Adamflyers

@Adamflyers

I thought it was pretty interesting that the "Bryz, Bryz" chant went up late in the third period against Florida, after how hard we've been getting on him all year....and like I've said many times before, he deserved every Bronx cheer he got because he was playing like a dog. People call us fickle, but I think that's a mischaracterization - I think we see a player for what he is and what he's done, and react accordingly.

@Adamflyers

I thought it was pretty interesting that the "Bryz, Bryz" chant went up late in the third period against Florida, after how hard we've been getting on him all year....and like I've said many times before, he deserved every Bronx cheer he got because he was playing like a dog. People call us fickle, but I think that's a mischaracterization - I think we see a player for what he is and what he's done, and react accordingly.

absolutely! I've always stated that my REACTIONS to players are just that, reactions. The guy gave almost nothing to cheer for and was saddled with high expectations and the money. It wasn't like I wanted to dislike him, I and most likely everyone in Flyerdom just wanted him to be the goalie everyone thought the Flyers signed. A conversation here arose about whether or not to boo and honestly, why not? It's not like because you decided to boo a player that all of a sudden you hate the guy and aren't allowed to like him ever again moving forward. For me, I'm happy to cheer for him now that he is looking like the stellar goalie I was prepared to watch all season long. He sucked for so long this season that it was becoming difficult for any of us (or at least me) to actually imagine him righting the ship. I predicted that if it was going to happen it was most likely to occur next season, after this one, with all it's lofty expectations and repeated disappointments was behind him. I'm glad I was wrong. Thanks for finally showing up Bryz! I just cross my fingers and hope this stretch can at least persist into the POs. He's peaking at the right time though, something us Flyers fans haven't had the luxury of saying about this team for a couple of season now.

Brian Boucher had five straight shutouts.

True story.

Ha ha! When almost everyone was down on Bryz, there was Rad with the silver lining. Now that he's finally starting to earn his paycheck, there's Rad to bring him down a notch. I wouldn't expect anything different.. Even keel all the way!

Ha ha! When almost everyone was down on Bryz, there was Rad with the silver lining. Now that he's finally starting to earn his paycheck, there's Rad to bring him down a notch. I wouldn't expect anything different.. Even keel all the way!

Bryz surely has turned his game around at the right time.

Will be much needed in the playoffs if the Flyers are going to have any luck going deep in the playoofs.

Can't see them getting as luck as the Cup run avoiding the Rangers, Bruins,Devils and almost would throw Ottawa in there.

Great goaltending will seperate the contenders and pretenders....

...hard to believe they have accomplished all this without Prongs, Kimmo, Mezz, JVR and Voracek all out of the lineup.

Keep it rolling verse the Devils!!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

I like how aggressive bryz has been tending the nets. He looks more focused and is being proactive to the shot rather than reactive. Did Reese alter his style (think I read that he was working on changing some things with his style) or is he just finally playing some confidence? Whatever it is, I like it and hope he keeps it up. I think a lot of it has to do with the Flyers playing sound defense and taking care of business in their own zone. We still have a few issues actually getting the puck out during critical moments, but overall they have been a lot better closing down lanes and keeping the attack to the outside.