Bruce Boudreau the new head coach of the Anaheim Ducks!

Guest OzFlyer

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Bruce Boudreau replaces Randy Carlyle as head coach of the Anaheim Ducks, as per team release.

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

My first reaction, and subject to change of course, is the Bobby Ryan trade watch just ground to a halt.

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun

Ducks announce Bruce Boudreau replacing Randy Carlyle behind the bench.

Edited by OzFlyer

Wow- that was fast! It also certainly does grind a halt to the Ryan trade talks. Supposedly either one of them were going to go because of operational limitations (ie. Ducks are still on the hook for tweedle dees contract).

The question for me would be why Boudreau? Not that I have a bad opinion about him, but I can't think that they weren't looking at other candidates for a while and then all of a sudden Boudreau gets canned and he is Anaheims man?? Wow.

Damn...I never could tell those guys apart anyhow......did you ever see the alice in wonderland's tweedle dee and tweedle dum? The real question is which is which......

LOL

maybe that was the intention

I'm not that surprised, firing the coach is generally happens first and is more preferable than trading away one of the key players to a team. So now where does Carlyle go?

Only sad thing is Ducks is not called Mighty Ducks anymore, otherwise Bruce Boudreau had a perfect fit there, as known commercial poster in DC.

Seriously, I think it was stupid move by Ducks. Just to replace with somebody, is not way to make your team better.

Seriously, I think it was stupid move by Ducks. Just to replace with somebody, is not way to make your team better.

Unless the team quit playing for the coach.

Wonder if Carlyle will end up in Toronto?