How Will Crosby's Return Affect Pens?

Guest Phlyer1

Will history repeat itself? Crosby due to return against Rangers. Pens are playing good right now do they really want to try a Lindros move and take a chance on messing with the chemistry of the team and risking another injury this late in the season?

@Phyler1

How could they not bring him back is the question. The guy is the best player in the world when healthy, and would need to get back into game shape for the playoffs. This actually is the best time to get him into the line up. They need to know if he can go again. I question his health after only a few "symptom free days" though.

I think he's too good for them to get worse with him in the lineup. those stiffs that will be playing on his line won't believe the passes from god that will wind up on their tape. i mean the 87 elevated chris kunitz's game to where kunitz is now considered an elite power forward

what's weird though is he and malkenstien do not feed off each other, so i expect 71 to cool off a bit it Crosby stays in the line-up.

Will history repeat itself? Crosby due to return against Rangers. Pens are playing good right now do they really want to try a Lindros move and take a chance on messing with the chemistry of the team and risking another injury this late in the season?

If he is truly healthy, that has to make the Pens the favorite to come out of the East.

They just "added" the best player in hockey to a team that was rolling.

I think he's too good for them to get worse with him in the lineup. those stiffs that will be playing on his line won't believe the passes from god that will wind up on their tape. i mean the 87 elevated chris kunitz's game to where kunitz is now considered an elite power forward

what's weird though is he and malkenstien do not feed off each other, so i expect 71 to cool off a bit it Crosby stays in the line-up.

Keep them on separate lines.

That'd be a nightmare for opposing coaches who don't have a very solid top 4 D-men.

If he is truly healthy, that has to make the Pens the favorite to come out of the East.

They just "added" the best player in hockey to a team that was rolling.

That depends on which Flower is in net.

That'd be a nightmare for opposing coaches who don't have a very solid top 4 D-men.

It's strange, but Malkin does not play well when Crosby is in the lineup at all. Think of it kinda like when Jeff Carter elevated the hell ouf of his game when Mike Richards was out. Richie comes back in, Carter crashes back down to Earth - even on different lines.

I think the last time they lost was the game I was at in Buffalo. We beat them 6-2. I had great seats. I was not at all impressed with them. Maybe it was just a bad game by them?

That was the day after the wild 6-4 win against the Flyers. Brent Johnson was is net. One of those flat games. Were you impressed when we beat you 8-3? 21-4-1 in their last 26 does not impress you, Rick? Sheesh. If I caught a 3' halibut I'd bet you'd be impressed.

That might be the plan. He centered Cooke and Kennedy in practice today. Bylsma kept Neal/Malkin/Kunitz and Sullivan/Staal/Dupuis together.

Martin and Letang could be back, too.

Finally.

That was the day after the wild 6-4 win against the Flyers. Brent Johnson was is net. One of those flat games. Were you impressed when we beat you 8-3? 21-4-1 in their last 26 does not impress you, Rick? Sheesh. If I caught a 3' halibut I'd bet you'd be impressed.

There is an old saying in sports "you are only as good as the last game you played". We shall dance again. Count on it

There is an old saying in sports "you are only as good as the last game you played". We shall dance again. Count on it

All due respect, Rick (OK - not really) it's not the Sabres I am worried about. I'd be thrilled if we "danced"...that would mean the Pens ended up #1 overall and you guys snuck in as the #8. So I'll take your advice and count on it.

@AndyS

oh I watch the pens all the time, where I live in pennsyltucky I get the root sports network, which is silly I'm like 4hours from the 'burg.

The only time you see them on the same line is pp and end of the game desperation time. What doom88 described perfectly is what I was talking about.