Hey.. Anyone know where I can find Any News on Crosby!?

Guest Bakanekimiwa

actually @Bakanekimiwa i'm okay with NBC sports showing that game, on its face its the hottest team in the east vs the points leader with less than 15 games left, so it is a big game.

now, i totally agree that all the breathless hyperbole that we will be subjected to regarding a good players return from injury is way over the top... the fact that the NHL network led NHL tonight with 87 in a practice sweater instead the 5 games in the evening with direct playoff implications or Steven Stamkos' 50th goal was a jjoke,

your topic thread is very funny though spot on :D

I heard the pope is celebrating a special mass on Thursday morning...

"to usher in the fullness of the times and to bring together in the Messiah all things in heaven and on earth"

Saint Crosby returns!

Well, the good news for flyers fans is that the afternoon game this saturday against the pens will now be on NBC as well. 12:30. That means just about every frame he'll play in this year will be nationally televised.

RINALDO TIME!

Well, the good news for flyers fans is that the afternoon game this saturday against the pens will now be on NBC as well. 12:30. That means just about every frame he'll play in this year will be nationally televised.

They showed Crosby's reaction to just about everything today. His reaction to Adams's goal and his reaction to Hartnell's. Its already easy to dislike a player like Crosby because of his crying and constant complaining and his diving, but to out right see people worship him (and that is exactly what sports networks do to star players) makes it much easier to detest Crosby.

They showed Crosby's reaction to just about everything today. His reaction to Adams's goal and his reaction to Hartnell's. Its already easy to dislike a player like Crosby because of his crying and constant complaining and his diving, but to out right see people worship him (and that is exactly what sports networks do to star players) makes it much easier to detest Crosby.

Grump: Even Flyers fans will tell you that the "whining and crying and diving" is practically a non-issue any more. Get over it.

As for the Crosby love, I pointed out in the Game Chat yesterday that NBC led with a Hartnell interview and then hit up Lavi during the game. Crosby was the lead story leading the intermission reports. And no, they did not show his reaction to just about everything. You say that to try to make your case but it's not true. Furthermore, why do you give a rats arse?

If you have a problem with how many times they showed him take it up with NBC. Not Crosby.

He was having the best season by a player in a long time when he went down last year and, his 1st attempted comeback not withstanding, it is a big story when he comes back...even 3 games in.

@B21

Its pointless to argue with Penguins fans over Crosby. But your case is falling on deaf ears. I've heard enough defense of Crosby only from Penguins fans for some time now. Is he the best player in the world? Yes, when healthy. Is he a sniveling ref-begging crybaby? Yes.

Don't try to defend your boy to me. I won't hear it. NBC has shoved him in my face enough for me to notice his game on my own. I've seen him play, I've seen him act, I've seen him beg. Its a big story when he comes back, but I could care less if he plays or not. I really forgot all about him. NBC makes the story, but just like Brett Farve, Crosby LOVES the attention.

You Penguins fans see what you want to see. Practically every other fan base in the NHL can't stand this guy.

@B21

Its pointless to argue with Penguins fans over Crosby. But your case is falling on deaf ears. I've heard enough defense of Crosby only from Penguins fans for some time now. Is he the best player in the world? Yes, when healthy. Is he a sniveling ref-begging crybaby? Yes.

Don't try to defend your boy to me. I won't hear it. NBC has shoved him in my face enough for me to notice his game on my own. I've seen him play, I've seen him act, I've seen him beg. Its a big story when he comes back, but I could care less if he plays or not. I really forgot all about him. NBC makes the story, but just like Brett Farve, Crosby LOVES the attention.

You Penguins fans see what you want to see. Practically every other fan base in the NHL can't stand this guy.

So take it up with the media or NBC. Crosby loves the attention? What are you...a friggin' mind reader?

The guy is a boring as it comes in interviews...cliche after cliche. Funny, too...he seems to be one of the more private athletes in recent memory. You hate the guy and that's fine. But your hate is based on nothing more than your incorrect opinion of him

Wait - he loves the attention because he gives interviews all the time? The media was all over him for NOT speaking out more during the time he was out with the concussions. And a biased dip like you would be the first to jump on his back if he ever (God forbid!) turned down an interview. I can see your post already..."That cocky SOB! Face of the league and can't give an interview."

The fact is your hatred and bias clouds your judgement so much that Crosby could show up at your door with a limo full of swimsuit models and you'd complain (which you do a lot) that there weren't enough blondes.

So really...p--- off.

@B21

Furthermore, don't come on a Flyers forum and tell me to get over Crosby. Kiss my ***.

This is the PENGUINS section of a forum open to ALL hockey fans, num n---. So I'll tell you to get over Crosby if I d@mng815 well please.

@B21

Wow, you're starting to sound like your boy Sid. Fair enough though. I'm on the wrong forum.

The fact is your hatred and bias clouds your judgement so much that Crosby could show up at your door with a limo full of swimsuit models and you'd complain (which you do a lot) that there weren't enough blondes.

I'd complain that the models brought that ugly girl in the Penguins t-shirt.

I don't complain a lot. I just notice the obvious bias toward your team because they are desperate to market Sid. You call me biased? You see him the way you want to see him because you're a Penguins fan. He's a talented player, but he's a baby. You are a blind homer if you can't acknowledge it. In fact, you are definitely a blind homer.

Yes, he's the face of the NHL. Sadly the face of the NHL is a p*ssy.

@B21

Hey, I realize his hype has nothing to do with him as a person. I know it comes from the NHL and NBC and them being so desirous of a new face of the NHL and Crosby is a good player.

That doesn't change the fact that I think he is the same typ of whining player he always was. You can't really say he's changed because he hasn't played all year. He's been out for a while. But don't think that the only reason he is easily hated has everything to do with his amount of coverage.

@Phillygrump

I'd say Crosby has toned down the diving and crying a lot. The thing is, he did it so much in his first few years, it's hard to respect the guy, as great as he is. I mean I respect his talent, and his drive. i just hate the fact he was handed the keys to the NHL before he'd played a single game. Most greats get special treatment from the league though....unless they put on a Flyers jersey.

@Phillygrump

<< I don't complain a lot. I just notice the obvious bias toward your team because they are desperate to market Sid. You call me biased? You see him the way you want to see him because you're a Penguins fan. He's a talented player, but he's a baby. You are a blind homer if you can't acknowledge it. In fact, you are definitely a blind homer. >>

YOU don't complain a lot? You gotta be kidding. All you do is complain. No offense but I'd say 3 out of every 4 posts of yours are complaining about something...usually some alledged bias against your team or some call that was made in favor of one team that would "never" had been called for yours.

@B21

Hey, I realize his hype has nothing to do with him as a person. I know it comes from the NHL and NBC and them being so desirous of a new face of the NHL and Crosby is a good player.

That doesn't change the fact that I think he is the same typ of whining player he always was. You can't really say he's changed because he hasn't played all year. He's been out for a while. But don't think that the only reason he is easily hated has everything to do with his amount of coverage.

Yeah I can because he really toned that down BEFORE the concussions. You want to kill him for mistakes he made as an kid his first few seasons in the league.

Just curious...where do you stand on Prongies?I bet you give him a pass for his antics the first 13-14 YEARS he was in the league.

Yeah - and I am the blind homer. Hypocrite.

Prongies

I tell you what @B21, I promise to never call Sid "Cindy" (guilty on numeorus occasions, though none recently), if you never, ever call Pronger that again. Deal?

Good to see you hear. You were on Silly.com, yes?

I tell you what @B21, I promise to never call Sid "Cindy" (guilty on numeorus occasions, though none recently), if you never, ever call Pronger that again. Deal?

Good to see you hear. You were on Silly.com, yes?

LOL. That was supposed to be "Prongsie". Kinda like Coatsie and Jonesey and Hartsey. Still not good...so you have a deal...Podeinsie. Or is it Sheepsie?

No idea what Silly.com is......

Silly.com = Philly.com. And yes B21sie was a member.

I guess the Burgher21 to B21 transition was not as obvious as I expected.

And I prefer Turdburghlar, Douchbugher of Filthy Cousin Lover.

I guess the Burgher21 to B21 transition was not as obvious as I expected.

And I prefer Turdburghlar, Douchbugher of Filthy Cousin Lover.

new avatar, bunch of letters are missing, we're a bunch orange cool-aid drinkin', sidney crosby hatin', bettman conspiracy nut jobs up in this joint, you can't expect us to put all that together.