Briere

Guest AndyS

By popular request - here is a Danny thread.

Getting that empty-netter will get him going. Watcg him get on a roll now & round into his usual playoff form just in time.

And I sincerely think that Lavy should give him the "C" before the playoffs start. I think he would take that to heart big time.

. . .very classy move by Voracek to give up the easy goal to get Danny out of his slump.

I don't think they need to give him or anyone the "C". This team seems to full of people ready to step up and lead. Jagr is setting a great example for the younger players and Kimmo is doing a great job of vocalizing his opinions in the locker room. They seem to have a captain by committee.

By popular request - here is a Danny thread.

Getting that empty-netter will get him going. Watcg him get on a roll now & round into his usual playoff form just in time.

And I sincerely think that Lavy should give him the "C" before the playoffs start. I think he would take that to heart big time.

. . .very classy move by Voracek to give up the easy goal to get Danny out of his slump.

I disagree, Briere doesn't deserve the C, if anyone deserves to be captain it's Talbot

lol, was that slash on Kovy intentional? if so I'm proud of him..

I think it's, Kovalchuk was skating near Flyers bench and bumping on people, making hard to change lines, so Courts decided to do a justice himself, speared him a little. I guess it's Talbot's school, or may be Talbot yelled him to do so. We never know, but good move and glad to see 18 y.o. has a guts to do against elite player.

I like Talbot, but he hasn't been here long enough.

Danny has earned the right to wear the C.

I think Talbot has showed more leadership qualities in the short time he's been here than Briere..

Talbot does all the little things that a good hockey player/captain should do..

Briere is basically just a goal scorer..talks smack occasionally to the media but doesn't back it up on the ice..

I think it's, Kovalchuk was skating near Flyers bench and bumping on people, making hard to change lines, so Courts decided to do a justice himself, speared him a little. I guess it's Talbot's school, or may be Talbot yelled him to do so. We never know, but good move and glad to see 18 y.o. has a guts to do against elite player.

I guess spending time on the 4th line has paid off for Courts..

The kid is a born Flyer.

Yup. I loved his reaction on his goal. Spontaneous fist pump. He's intense and ultra-competitive but plays a cerebral game with poise. And as I've said before: he's always on the right side of the puck it seems.

Steal of the 2011 draft. The Jets must be kicking themselves for taking Scheifele on Hawerchuk's advice as he is looking tired and peaked right now (I'll give @flyercanuck a chance to dispute that based on Colts games he may have seen).

haha! loved that too. And the way he did it - kind of "accidentally on purpose" - perfect move in that situation.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here - and some of you guys have seen him a lot longer than I have - but Couturier is scary-good. He has just barely begun to show what he's capable of, and doing it 90% of the time on the 4th line. I really love how they're handling this young man, sort of the way Hitch worked with Carter. They wanted him to grow defensively first because they knew damn well his offensive game is off the charts already.

Yup. I loved his reaction on his goal. Spontaneous fist pump. He's intense and ultra-competitive but plays a cerebral game with poise. And as I've said before: he's always on the right side of the puck it seems.

Steal of the 2011 draft. The Jets must be kicking themselves for taking Scheifele on Hawerchuk's advice as he is looking tired and peaked right now (I'll give @flyercanuck a chance to dispute that based on Colts games he may have seen).

Nope. Won't disagree. Sheifele is a good player, but he hasn't been as electrifying since he came back from the 'Peg. And I'd have taken Couturier over him anyway. I was really, really surprised to see Sheifele go THAT high, and Couturier go that low. Pure luck on our part, but we'll take it.

Briere is basically just a goal scorer..talks smack occasionally to the media but doesn't back it up on the ice..

Really? Just a goal scorer? He takes in young players so they have a place to live and get acclimated (Giroux, Couturier). He is a locker room presence. He got the Flyers going in game 6 in Buffalo last year and they came back to win in 7 games. That win was largely attributed to Briere rallying the troops in the locker room. He is also a ppg player in the playoffs. I think thats a little more than "just a goal scorer". He's also a big goal scorer. Meaning he scores bug goals.

TMI dude!

Lemme try:

Giroux

Cooter

Read

Gus

Bryzgalov (!)

I think Cooter may be end up better than Giroux. Maybe. Also, if the stars align and stuff, JVR has the goods to be in contention. Oh, and Jagr (!)

Edit: Also seen signs from Schenn that he can be a heck of a player. I'd put him ahead of Read.

Edited by JackStraw

Really? Just a goal scorer? He takes in young players so they have a place to live and get acclimated (Giroux, Couturier). He is a locker room presence. He got the Flyers going in game 6 in Buffalo last year and they came back to win in 7 games. That win was largely attributed to Briere rallying the troops in the locker room. He is also a ppg player in the playoffs. I think thats a little more than "just a goal scorer". He's also a big goal scorer. Meaning he scores bug goals.

Absolutely riight.

He has consistently been our best player in the playoffs.

If not for Leighton letting in the worst Cup-losing goal in NHL history, Danny wins the Conn Smythe that year.

haha! loved that too. And the way he did it - kind of "accidentally on purpose" - perfect move in that situation.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here - and some of you guys have seen him a lot longer than I have - but Couturier is scary-good. He has just barely begun to show what he's capable of, and doing it 90% of the time on the 4th line. I really love how they're handling this young man, sort of the way Hitch worked with Carter. They wanted him to grow defensively first because they knew damn well his offensive game is off the charts already.

Between him & Voracek, that Carter trade just keeps looking better & better.