Bryz Nay-Sayers

Guest idahophilly

I was a big supporter of Bryz, and repeatedly wrote i thought he'd eventually snap out of it, but he was doing so bad for so long even i had my doubts. I think we all did. I'm just glad he's dominating but i'll feel better when he plays this way consistently

As someone who booed Bryz and criticized him, this is what I have been waiting for...to be proven wrong. Right now, Bryz is playing the way we all had hoped and expected him to play. I really hope that extended period of poor play was just an aberration and this this is the kind of play we can expect out of him going forward.

Bryz, or any other hot goalie for that matter, will really prove themselves to me when they can do this in the playoffs. I'm really happy to see him getting his act together down the home stretch and I really hope he can carry this into the playoffs, because with the already potent O and the improved D, this team has a chance to make some noise.

Does that article make me regret booing and doubting Bryz? Not in the least. The way he played, it gave me no reason to believe in him. I'm long over the feel good optimism that I used to have towards my favorite teams. Show me that you're good wearing my team's uniform...I don't care how good you were for another team last year! If you stink wearing my team's uniform, I'm going to boo, especialyl when I'm shelling out a lot of money and putting in a lot of time to attend these games. Now Bryz is starting to show us the goods and for that I'm very happy!

I was a humungous fan of the signing from the get-go, having seen Bryz a lot in Anaheim and somewhat with PHX.

I'll amit that he had me worried for a while, but I think he has finally found himself. This is the guy Homer signed.

I'll flat out say that I'm still not a believer, but I'm also not an admonisher. How did Beezer turn out for us with his three straight SOs? How's Boucher doing after his six straight? I'm sorry but these recent numbers are masked by 4 of 5 SOs, and some flat out absurd defense. Compare that to his first 3/4s of the season and we still don't know what we have yet. Dont get me wrong, im super pleased that he has found some rhythm and confidence. I expected that only an offseason would help that. Let's reassess in the playoffs.

Well that's what I needed, some snot nosed punk know it all with a blog admonishing me for stating what we all could plainly see - that Bryz flat out stunk. For months. Great that he's hopefully found his groove, but the author also fails to point out that his hot streak pretty much coincides with the D pulling itself together after the acquisitions of Grossman and Kubina.

Fairly trashy and amature sounding piece there... I don't know what he was posting 'mid-collapse' of Bryz, but hindsight is 20/20.... Where's he going to be if Bryz falls appart again?

Obviously Bryz can't keep up this pace... but I doubt he'll slide back to where he was. I guess we can just hope he'll be above average.

@idahophilly

And by "Bryz nay-sayers" I believe you mean "everyone"

He's playing great now, but that doesn't discount that he had a very bad stretch of the season where he not only seemed physically out of place, but mentally as well. He was a wreck. He's doing well now, but I don't think anyone here would have said that they expected Bryz to have this type of stretch heading into the playoffs after what they saw heading into the all-star break.

I call BS on anyone who says they expected this. Also, I doubt anyone hated Bryz. They were all just frustrated that he didn't perform. He is now and he's getting the fans approval and he even thanked them for their support.

Philly will praise your effort if you are committed to improving.

I'll say it again - 2 years ago Boston couldn't give away Tim Thomas. He was supposedly an over-the-hill, grossly-overpaid goalie who was supplanted by Rask. Even Homer reportedly balked at acquiring him (which if you consider our goalie situation at the time, is really saying something).

Then last season he bounces back & basically wins the Cup for Boston.

Everyone just leave Bryz alone & be happy that we are no longer saddled with the likes of Biron, Boosh, & Leighton.

We have a legit #1 goalie. I'm sure he'll hit another bump in the road or two over the next 8 years, but who doesn't? And when he is on his game, he could very well end up winning us a Cup or two.

Edited by AndyS

@idahophilly

And by "Bryz nay-sayers" I believe you mean "everyone"

He's playing great now, but that doesn't discount that he had a very bad stretch of the season where he not only seemed physically out of place, but mentally as well. He was a wreck. He's doing well now, but I don't think anyone here would have said that they expected Bryz to have this type of stretch heading into the playoffs after what they saw heading into the all-star break.

I call BS on anyone who says they expected this. Also, I doubt anyone hated Bryz. They were all just frustrated that he didn't perform. He is now and he's getting the fans approval and he even thanked them for their support.

Philly will praise your effort if you are committed to improving.

Well then call BS.... I thought he would come around! We'll see how it goes now since it's un-chartered waters. And can't you just be a little positive???? Just have fun with 3 shutouts in 4-5 games? Give the guy just ONE due for once...

As someone who booed Bryz and criticized him, this is what I have been waiting for...to be proven wrong. Right now, Bryz is playing the way we all had hoped and expected him to play. I really hope that extended period of poor play was just an aberration and this this is the kind of play we can expect out of him going forward.

Bryz, or any other hot goalie for that matter, will really prove themselves to me when they can do this in the playoffs. I'm really happy to see him getting his act together down the home stretch and I really hope he can carry this into the playoffs, because with the already potent O and the improved D, this team has a chance to make some noise.

Does that article make me regret booing and doubting Bryz? Not in the least. The way he played, it gave me no reason to believe in him. I'm long over the feel good optimism that I used to have towards my favorite teams. Show me that you're good wearing my team's uniform...I don't care how good you were for another team last year! If you stink wearing my team's uniform, I'm going to boo, especialyl when I'm shelling out a lot of money and putting in a lot of time to attend these games. Now Bryz is starting to show us the goods and for that I'm very happy!

And this is what it really comes down to... You are either a glass half full person or glass half empty..... I'm glad I'm the way i am...

@idahophilly

Whoa whoa whoa man. I'm not upset at his success. I LOVE it. I just don't want to see anyone here saying "I knew he would turn it around." No one knew this was in his future this season. Show me where you said you thought he'd turn it around this season?

I'm glad he did though. It actually makes me believe we have a chance to contend in the playoffs now. I never hated the guy, but I was all about getting rid of him at the deadline. Now I'll happily eat crow if this success carries over into the playoffs.

I just don't like some arrogant little taint telling us all that we were dumb for doubting Bryz when he was not only struggling, but emotionally melting down in front of the media as well while earning 10 mil.

Know what I mean?

It was just and editorial and you just admited to eating some crow. If he takes a nose dive I'll eat some then. Me personaly, I didn't say he was a savior but ABSOLUTLY knew he wasn't as bad as he was playing.

No issue with me I hope, just posted the article, which, despait the garbage on the beacher report, this one was reasonable.

And this is what it really comes down to... You are either a glass half full person or glass half empty..... I'm glad I'm the way i am...

Lol, I'm not sure how to take that last line, but i am happy the way I am as well. I don't think poorly of those who kept the faith in the guy, but I do have a problem when the positive, "tolerant" people can't tolerate those of us who got on him during his horrid play. Not directing it at you, just throwing it out as a general comment. I respect opposing opinions as long as my view is also given the same amount of respect.

Now I m not ready to hand Bryz the keys to the city just yet, but he is certainly moving in the right direction.

Bryz had over 40 games to show what he was capable of..........and what he showed was pretty sad for those 40 games. To whoever or whatever flipped the switch, I thank you. He has over the last 2 months, metamorphosed into the guy we were all expecting when the flyers signed him. I truly hope he can maintain this level of play through the playoffs. As a realist, I expect him to find a happy medium and maintain somewhere around a .920 save percentage that will keep the Flyers in every game. Go Bryz!!! And I hope you make everyone cheer for you EVERY game.

i actually kept the faith with bryz this whole season, even though i was getting mad he kept making me eat **** in front of my friends. i kept thinking "he'll turn it around. there's no way he can keep playing this bad." the funny thing is, if he really wanted to sink the ship, he probably could play worse, even though few on this board could believe that. the whole "regressing to the mean" phrase has a slightly different interpretation for Bryz: whereas we usually say that when a player is overachieving, in this case we have to say Bryz "regressing" is actually him improving his play just to be at his career average. weird how it works out that way. now that he's playing better i have no illusions he can keep up this pace, but if he remains solid, confident, and reliable, it will be a big lift to the team heading into the playoffs.