Sun Game vs Pengies is Huge For Several Reasons

Guest Bakanekimiwa

Pitt has a 2pt lead and a game in hand on us and are heating up at the right time. they're basically completely healthy now, which is baaad for everyone else.

they just knocked off the rags, granted no king henry but still, quite an accomplishment. and, more importantly, something we have not been able to do.

we're still leading the lead in GF, but just barely now after our last coupla weeks of low scoring, we're up only 1g to boston and only 2g over pitt. in other words, they can score just as much as we can so we'll see what bryz is made of on sat.

also, of interest for sat is our record at home during day games. it's been atrocious this year, yet all we hear from the flyers camp is that they'd love home ice advantage in the playoffs. they might wanna rethink that stance.

flyers are playing very well lately, this should be a really good litmus test game... big weekend.

Pitt has a 2pt lead and a game in hand on us and are heating up at the right time. they're basically completely healthy now, which is baaad for everyone else.

they just knocked off the rags, granted no king henry but still, quite an accomplishment. and, more importantly, something we have not been able to do.

we're still leading the lead in GF, but just barely now after our last coupla weeks of low scoring, we're up only 1g to boston and only 2g over pitt. in other words, they can score just as much as we can so we'll see what bryz is made of on sat.

also, of interest for sat is our record at home during day games. it's been atrocious this year, yet all we hear from the flyers camp is that they'd love home ice advantage in the playoffs. they might wanna rethink that stance.

flyers are playing very well lately, this should be a really good litmus test game... big weekend.

The Pens just added the best player in hockey back to their lineup, and they already had the likely Hart Trophy winner.

The Pens are looking tough.

No Del Zotto or Callahan either. Still, I'll take it.

No Del Zotto or Callahan either. Still, I'll take it.

the Rangers were totally healthy through much of the year unlike your team and our team, Unless Lundquist plays lights out, which lets face it he can, they aren't this great juggernaut that will lay waste to the east. they are a good defensively sound to the point of sacrificing offensive team, they were one injury to a top 6 forward away from being just okay.

now your team getting 87 and whatever Letang's number is back , that's a different story, now the staal factor can be in full effect, now your team has good depth. I don't know if i'm jumping off a bridge if my team doesn't win this weekend, there are still a lot of games to play until this stuff really matters, my hope is the teams don't finish 4/5 because then we're each looking at a potential 9 game series that will have a winner but also a steep price, in terms of health and the ability to win the next series.

you guys are way to nice for not correcting me that it's **Sunday's** game against the pengies. anyway, tomorrow's game is just as important. if we can't take a slumping boston down, while we're playing well of late, that would have to be concerning for any playoff run.

the Rangers were totally healthy through much of the year unlike your team and our team, Unless Lundquist plays lights out, which lets face it he can, they aren't this great juggernaut that will lay waste to the east. they are a good defensively sound to the point of sacrificing offensive team, they were one injury to a top 6 forward away from being just okay.

now your team getting 87 and whatever Letang's number is back , that's a different story, now the staal factor can be in full effect, now your team has good depth. I don't know if i'm jumping off a bridge if my team doesn't win this weekend, there are still a lot of games to play until this stuff really matters, my hope is the teams don't finish 4/5 because then we're each looking at a potential 9 game series that will have a winner but also a steep price, in terms of health and the ability to win the next series.

Flyers/Pens at 4/5 would drive me nuts. It would mean the Rangers were able to hang on for deal life and keep the #1 seed and two of the top 5-6 teams would be forced to square off. Not complaining...but that would suck.

About the "Staal Factor"...seems like it's still TBD who skates with who. If you saw the Pens/Rangers, it seemed like a new line every shift. The only certainty seems to be Malkin and Neal stay together. If it were up to me...keep Crosby with Cooke and Kennedy.

@Bakanekimiwa

What scares me the most about Pittsburgh is now that Crosby is back from injury you are going to see a TON of BS calls on Pitt's opponents. While Crosby is in the line-up you can't play an honest game against Pittsburgh. You think the double standard is bad now? Its exponentially worse with Crybaby in there.

I think it is going to be a tough afternoon.

Talbot out

Lilja out

Manning with be in for Lilja and that leaves Shelley in for Talbot.

Hopefully Bryz can steal a win for us.

Go Flyers

2 shots on net this period and the second one came with 10 seconds left. Sure looks like we are the weak sister of the atlantic teams making the playoffs. Malking just made giroux look like a ten y/o girl

MY work here is done....

I loved each second of Harts scored a goal against this puke Crosby. I hate this guy, Sid, he is disgusting and the media is making this even worst, STFU media about Crosby is great and how Giroux has great year.

i hate to revel in another person's pain, but just for a moment here's some choice comments from the pens blog

EFFFING HARTNALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"He's smiling Like a Butcher's dog!"- Mike Lange

...My "C" in support of Sidney Crosby, our Captain!!

by JUKEBOXHERO on Mar 18, 2012 3:16 PM EDT reply

crosby-malkin_small.jpg

wow that was tough to swallow

by PensFanJeff11 on Mar 18, 2012 3:17 PM EDT reply

That sucked

by jedmiller71 on Mar 18, 2012 3:17 PM EDT via mobile reply

American_Mustache_Icon_1_small.png

I hate them so much.

by SlingStone on Mar 18, 2012 3:17 PM EDT reply

<a class="pic" href="http://www.sbnation.com/users/Randy%20F">loganbackhard122411_small.jpg

I loathe them…..MF hartnell of all people

"He doesn’t know whether to cry or wind his watch."..... Mike Lange

by Randy F on Mar 18, 2012 3:19 PM EDT up reply

I think it is going to be a tough afternoon.

Talbot out

Lilja out

Manning with be in for Lilja and that leaves Shelley in for Talbot.

Hopefully Bryz can steal a win for us.

Go Flyers

I live in CA, so I didn't get home from church until late in the 3rd period.

I hate to admit it, but I was shocked that it was tied 2-2. I thought this was going to be a loss, especially a day game after losing Talbot & Lilja yesterday.

Bryz was big. And Hartnell was clutch - could reach 40 goals this season!

Humongous big win for the Flyers.

Andy S.

Be thankful that you get to see hockey. I live in Ecuador and all I get is FUTBOL 24-7. Take care. If anyone has questions about this country, just ask. I have lived here for 2 years, and what I don't know, I'll find out for you.

PuckMeister

@PuckMeister-

Why don't you stream the games like most of out of country folks do. There are several links posted on this forum that you can use and depending on your speed of internet and the feed, the feeds can be decent (at least seeing something is better than nothing).