So, the 4th place team in our division (NJ) . . . .

Guest AndyS

. . .would be in 1st place in at least 3 other divisions in the NHL.

Going to go out on a limb and say that the Flyers are in the toughest division in hockey.

Any team that makes the playoffs in our division has a chance to win the Cup (OK, probably not the Devils).

Why not us?

Let's go Flyers!

As long as Buff-a-blow does not sneak into the 8th spot. As a Flyer fan living in Western New York I have to take alot of crap for not being one of the mindless sheep that worships the Sabres. I have taken great pride and talked big smack this year about their struggles. I would hate to eat crow about the Sabres since I am already full from eating crow about Bryz :)

As long as Buff-a-blow does not sneak into the 8th spot. As a Flyer fan living in Western New York I have to take alot of crap for not being one of the mindless sheep that worships the Sabres. I have taken great pride and talked big smack this year about their struggles. I would hate to eat crow about the Sabres since I am already full from eating crow about Bryz :)

Where in WNY do you live? I did my doctorate at SUNY Buffalo and Roswell Park Cancer institute and lived in Tonwanda NY for about 9 yrs. There I aquired Mrs. Poulin too. I also went to undergrad at U of Rochester so I know the area well and the fans of the Gaybres very well.

They are passionate fans (especially when the team is winning) but have a Napoleonic complex as a small market city (who now has big dollars with Pegula) and an inexplicable hate for the Flyers. I know it goes back to the 70s but it is so over the top. I am pissed that the Oilers beat us in the 80s but could care less about the current Oiler's teams. These guys forgo putting energy into their natural rivalries to hate on the Flyers. I was in Rochester when the Barnaby and Peca Sabres were clutching and grabbing the Legion of Doom out of the playoffs and I was in Buffalo starting with for the No Goal year (I loved that they lost BTW!) and had to suffer through them destroying us in the year after the lockout and then their hubris as they nearly won the cup that year (I have been a Lavy fan ever since the Canes KO'D them). The gloating continued the next year when we were the worst team in hockey and they won the President's trophy! The revelled in the fact that Clarke and Hitch got fired and took full credit for it as it came on the heals of yet another beat down by them. They do regret the revelling now as it triggered our most recent ascendancy. But oh was it hard being there for some difficult moments in Flyers history. (I couldn't stand to even be around my friends who got caught up in Sabres mania and acted like they were hockey fans all their lives when they were clearly riding the bandwagon.

I go back and visit a lot and went last year after we knocked out the Gaybres wearing a Danny Briere nameplated Flyers T-shirt. I was revilling in the cuss outs from passing cars and the middle fingers I was receiving as I simply walked down the street! It was a triumphant home coming of sorts for me!!

Anyway if you ever want to vent about Gaybres fans. Feel free and I will be in your corner!

The Sabres barely squeaking into the 8th spot would hardly be a reason for you to eat crow.

I'd tell their fans, "Gee, you must be so proud that your team earned the right to be cannon fodder. When do they unveil the 'Yippee! We barely made the playoffs!' banner?"

The Sabres barely squeaking into the 8th spot would hardly be a reason for you to eat crow.

Andy-You have know idea how these Buffalo sports fans are and it's tough to put into words. They cling to the least little thing and make a big deal out of it. Last time I went to Buffalo to see the Flyers, I asked the Sabres fans that were throwing popcorn at me, "where do you guys hang your Stanley Cup banners?"

Andy-You have know idea how these Buffalo sports fans are and it's tough to put into words. They cling to the least little thing and make a big deal out of it. Last time I went to Buffalo to see the Flyers, I asked the Sabres fans that were throwing popcorn at me, "where do you guys hang your Stanley Cup banners?"

Admittedly, I have not had the distincy displeasure of having to deal with Buffalo fans up close & personal like you.

I just can't bring myself to hate them. I practically feel sorry for them - I mean, they live in Buffalo!

And talk about a sports-cursed city! Yikes!

Although I will always maintain that the NHL screwed them out of a Stanley Cup. That goal should not have counted, but the officiating crew did not have the stones to call all of the players back out to the ice to re-start the game. Can you imagine if that had happened to the Flyers in the Finals? (That would make the Kane gift goal from Leighton look like small potatoes.)

Edited by AndyS