Bryz terrible in shootout

Guest trevluk

Good battle by the Flyers today and Bryz played well, but he looked terrible in the shootout. He displayed none of the confidence he showed in the game and looked lost in the SO. Then again so did Briere on his attempt. That was an embarrassing performance by both of them. Hope that doesnt kill Bryz's confidence for next game.

To be fair, Thomas looked like crap as well. Not really sure why Lavy put Briere in that situation, the guy doesn't have any confidence in the goal-scoring department and you throw him to the wolves? Sure if he got the goal it may have been a boost but now he's even more in the pit. Tough fought game, shame a skills competition decided the outcome.

To be fair, Thomas looked like crap as well. Not really sure why Lavy put Briere in that situation, the guy doesn't have any confidence in the goal-scoring department and you throw him to the wolves? Sure if he got the goal it may have been a boost but now he's even more in the pit. Tough fought game, shame a skills competition decided the outcome.

Yeah, neither Goalie looked good and I agree with you about Lavi's decision to put in Briere. He has been seriously struggling and he nevere seems to be a clutch player in the regular season. I could be off, but it seems he chokes more often than not in a pressure situation in the regular season. Luckily he somehow becomes a different player in the playoffs.

Who cares? The shootouts are a ****** gimmick to appease fairweather fans of hockey. They suck. Did Boston really deserve a second point for that? The NHL is disappointing and this is one of the reasons.

One point. We needed it, gimmick or not.

Forget about the gimmick, Bryz has been playing more solid of late which is important. That being said though, his lack of movement or reaction in the SO reminded me of the days when John Stevens was behind the bench :D

Edited by Samifan

Maybe that was the point. Show a slumping star that you still have faith in them. I think lavys pushing all the right buttons here. The Shootout is a gimmick and whether we win or lose is a crap shoot either way. Not a bad time to put a guy, who you're going to count on in the playoffs, in to give him a shot and show him you're counting on him still.

Good battle by the Flyers today and Bryz played well, but he looked terrible in the shootout. He displayed none of the confidence he showed in the game and looked lost in the SO. Then again so did Briere on his attempt. That was an embarrassing performance by both of them. Hope that doesnt kill Bryz's confidence for next game.

Being Flyers fans we can take great relief that there is no shootouts in the playoffs, yes the extra points lost during the year could come back to bite the Flyers in the *** but right now they have a better road record than at home. As long as Bryzgalov's confidence doesn't take a **** kickin then he'll be ok.

fortunately there's no such thing once the POs start

fortunately there's no such thing once the POs start

But don't be too surprised once it is - within the next couple years. Not the Final but I bet the NHL goes to the Stupid Shootout for the first 3 rounds if and when the next big t.v. contract is negotiated - if ESPN ever agrees to carry the NHL again that'll be part of the package guaranteed.

I bet the NHL goes to the Stupid Shootout for the first 3 rounds if and when the next big t.v. contract is negotiated - if ESPN ever agrees to carry the NHL again that'll be part of the package guaranteed.

I just threw up in my mouth. I hear where you're coming from, TV and $ call the shots. But the regular season shootout compromises the integrity of the game as is, doing it in the playoffs at any level would destroy it completely. I just can't see it....but then again I woulda never believed 3 total points in some games and 2 in others....or the freaking trapezoid either.....

when the F will hockey gain the authority over broadcasts to tell them to GFThemselves and run OT until it's over? baseball runs all night long if it needs to... regular season.

hockey is more successful than ever right now and there's a new CBA coming up. the players opportunity to do away with this sh it-show is now.

But don't be too surprised once it is - within the next couple years. Not the Final but I bet the NHL goes to the Stupid Shootout for the first 3 rounds if and when the next big t.v. contract is negotiated - if ESPN ever agrees to carry the NHL again that'll be part of the package guaranteed.

I sure hope you're wrong about that!

That will be the day I personally drive to Bettman's house and take a giant dump on his doorstep.