Pouring on the Hate for Hartnell

Guest mkscrewy

In addition to the pens blog comments i posted yesterday w/r/t Hartnell scoring the winning goal, I found this one pretty satisfying as well.

″To lose that way against that team, with him scoring,″ Penguins winger Pascal Dupuis said, shaking his head in disbelief and disappointment. ″I don't know.″

We all have our players we love to hate who burn us for that backbreaking goal, but it's nice to see we have some thorns in the sides of other teams as well.

Edited by mkscrewy

man the hatred the Pens have for this group of Flyers... so thick and rich, you can pour it on pancakes....

if the teams meet in the playoffs there isn't going to be much left of the winner.

And to think making 4.25 million a year many of us(i'll admit i may have been one at times) here wanted to move Hartnell if he would have waived his NTC.

Thank you Lord for unanswered prayers!!!!!!!!!!

Now it won't be long before they try to figure out away to resign him....WOW...talk about a 180!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARTNLDWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Hartsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mixes it up and does what ever it takes, always says the right thing and really just fits here so well...will do whatever it takes for his teamates!!!

Let me be the first to say sorry Scottie for doubting you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd feel the same way if were sid that scored to beat "us"

I would too. The fact is Crosby has burned us with a lot of goals and I agree with the other poster that getting scored on by Kunitz, Malkin, Cooke-hell even Talbot was a pain in our side for a while-would be just as bad. 3/4 of those guys already have, which makes being on the right side of this one for once that much sweeter-for the time being.

panaccio_complete.png

From start to finish, Sunday’s Penguins-Flyers game had a playoff feel to it, although it was very similar to so many regular season games between two teams that dislike each other.

It was very much the kind of playoff hockey we’ve seen in the past against the Penguins.

And unless either the Pens or Flyers win the Atlantic Division, these teams are likely to face each other in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Last season, the Pens came into Philly with an 11-game winning streak with Sidney Crosby in the lineup. The Flyers ended that streak.

The exact same thing happened on Sunday in the 3-2 Flyers’ overtime win (see story).

Pittsburgh players lauded the play of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, who had 38 saves.

“He played well,” said Pens’ defenseman Kris Letang. “A couple key saves here and there, but I think we put ourselves in trouble by taking penalties and giving them momentum there.

“At the end of the day, they try to create scrum and they try to slow the game down and we try to speed the game up, so it was important for us to not get in there.”

Sidney Crosby echoed those sentiments.

“Yeah, I had a couple of good chances in overtime,” Crosby said. “We just need to execute, hopefully those go in. Give their goalie credit. He did a good job here tonight. He made some big saves.”

In so many ways, the game had sprinkling of nastiness we saw in the 2009 playoff series between these two clubs. Pittsburgh won the opening-round series in six games, en route to its last Stanley Cup.

Defenseman Brooks Orpik said that the Flyers goaded the Pens into playing their kind of game and taking bad penalties. The Pens had nine penalties in the game.

“Yeah, they try to keep up the pace,” Orpik said. “I think the shots were three to one, the pace was great that we were playing with. Then that stuff after the whistle just slows down the pace and that's what they want. We fed right into it, so it's something we'll address and move forward with I guess.”

Orpik said Kimmo Timonen’s power play goal to start the Flyers third period rally wasn’t as pivotal as the Flyers’ drawing penalties.

“I think it was just the stuff – us getting involved after the whistle,” Orpik said. “The goal was a product of that. I'm not sure exactly what happened on the PK, how Timonen got so open, but that stuff we'll look at on the video. You can dissect the goal, but really it was just the energy that we provided them after whistles.”

Pens coach Dan Bylsma wasn’t happy with the officiating.

“I think the first half of the game, their first 30 minutes was the type of game we liked,” he said. “I liked the way we played and we had offensive zone on, shots.

“I think really the extracurricular stuff was the turning point in the game. It was a situation where you know they targeted players after the whistle and didn't get penalized. I think that allowed them to get back in the game.”

E-mail Tim Panaccio at <a href="http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-talk/post/Pens-blame-loss-on-after-whistle-skirmis?blockID=672690&feedID=695" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(231, 21, 55); ">tpanotch@comcast.net

Sorry Dan's team got slapped around a little after the whistle like they usually try to do to everyone else.

Man, I really hate this hypocritical bunch of crybabies. Them and their fans. I guess your team adopts the personality of its best player after all.

In addition to the pens blog comments i posted yesterday w/r/t Hartnell scoring the winning goal, I found this one pretty satisfying as well.

″To lose that way against that team, with him scoring,″ Penguins winger Pascal Dupuis said, shaking his head in disbelief and disappointment. ″I don't know.″

We all have our players we love to hate who burn us for that backbreaking goal, but it's nice to see we have some thorns in the sides of other teams as well.

I know during games he can get aggravating but I had no idea that extended beyond just the game as well. This is kinda Barnaby level disgust. kinda cool

LOL. Please..don't hold back.

hahaha.. pens get me riled up. what a bunch of whining p*ssies. i can't believe the excuses they were making to the press. they lost the game because they sagged on their lead... possibly bryz go in their heads and they simply couldn't execute once the flyers amp'd up their game. deal with it instead of making excuses.

and anyway, how can they complain about anything after kunitz just threw any sense of respect for an opposing player out the window. breaking hockey code and human decency code by piling on a guy pinned down by the refs. oh man that made me soo mad.

@Irishjim

I guess Bylsma isn't happy unless his team is getting ALL the calls every night.

That's my reaction too. The whole team sounds like a bunch of crybabies. In fact, that's the best part of the win: the Pens aren't blaming themselves for blowing a two goal lead after 2. They're whining about the officials and the Flyers. Boo-hoo..the Flyers didn't lay down for us...

It isn't like the Pens never initiate **** after the whistle when they're behind. They sound pathetic. And like they let the Flyers got in theirs heads.

hahaha.. pens get me riled up. what a bunch of whining p*ssies. i can't believe the excuses they were making to the press. they lost the game because they sagged on their lead... possibly bryz go in their heads and they simply couldn't execute once the flyers amp'd up their game. deal with it instead of making excuses.

and anyway, how can they complain about anything after kunitz just threw any sense of respect for an opposing player out the window. breaking hockey code and human decency code by piling on a guy pinned down by the refs. oh man that made me soo mad.

Flyers obviously got in their heads.

The Flyers somehow finally got into the heads of the Pens. I like this change of pace. Interesting that the 'hard working' Pens got out Pens'd, and they didn't like a taste of their own medicine. Those quote are really telling imo.

Can't wait for the last game, it'll be a good one.

@peter puck

hard for me to hate on sidney any more, knowing he's one really good check from having an awful life somehow gives me heart space for him. now that fing goon malkinstien or rapist kunitz those guys are easy to hate.

Im with on that dont want to see him hurt,being the most talented player with all that whining just killed it for me