Is Timmonen hurting?

Guest Phlyer1

Is it me or does he look out of sorts out there. I saw him fan on two shots in the O zone and then fanned on a clearing pass in his end.

Shots on goal are not on goal.

Having said all that I do admit there was not a lot of stellar play overall and especially on the PP

Yes, he was quoted saying that there are things he has to play through.

Timonen’s lower-body injury, which is believed to be a lower-back problem, is nothing new. He’s been skating through tightness and pain for more than 2 seasons, and the rest won’t heal that. Laviolette said Timonen is “probably always at 80 or 90 percent.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/Timonen-a-surprise-return.html

I literally just found myself watching the play transition and he could barely keep up with the guy and I found myself saying out loud "man, Timmo is looking slooooooow"

definitely hurting... which makes me wonder why isn't he resting up for the POs?

he is playing hurt... has been for a long time. euroflyer is reporting that timo will be looking to rest again for a few games before the PO. the wear and tear of playing a ton of games is taking its toll on him. remember, he just finished an iron man streak recently. and... that included some deep runs in the playoffs.

he might never be 100% again, but he's still better than most and an indespensible part for our playoff run.

...he might never be 100% again, but he's still better than most and

Agreed. He's been very durable and is a warrior. Can't wait to say the same thing about Gus in 10 years, since I think he has the stuff to replace Kimmo, once he adds a few pounds and gets some NHL experience

Agreed. He's been very durable and is a warrior. Can't wait to say the same thing about Gus in 10 years, since I think he has the stuff to replace Kimmo, once he adds a few pounds and gets some NHL experience

Bold statement. I think it is tough to project out a skill set to match Timo because Timo's obviously way more than the sum of his parts. He's short and not very big, skates well but isn't all that fast, doesn't have a rocket shot, doesn't scare anyone. Most of what he is comes from brains and willpower. How do you project a 22 year old to match that?

I'm not dismissing the comparison but I'm in awe of Timonen and havng another guy like that in the organization is a lot to hope for. I think he plays well against bigger guys and has a lot of hockey smarts. I see him out late in games too so Lavy must see a high compete level.

i can see that. he's done very well for stepping in this season as a rookie. i could see him up with the big club next year and i think he could really thrive on some big league minutes. he is rather small, but it doesn't seem to hinder him... just like timo.