Gustafsson

Guest AbelMorpheus

I always wondered how that worked. Do the injured travel? If not then why.

I don't think there is any specific policy and it probably varies from team to team situation to situation. Remember when Lindros was banned from the team while injured? However players such as Pronger and Timonen have traveled.

While trying to figure out how Gustafsson's injury is preventing him from being with the team I found this:

euroflyers Teemu H

Erik Gustafsson is out this week with a wrist injury. Will see a doctor today (Nov 9) to determine if it needs to be operated.

Thus my guess is he is in limbo. If he has had or will have surgery, then he goes on IR and frees space to call up another defender.....(which is a problem, because of the need to clear waivers for Bartulis, and Walker. If not and a d-man is still needed then he will probably have go back to the Phantoms to make cap space.

From Philly.com this morning:

Breakaways. The Flyers scrapped their original plan to have Erik Gustafsson join them in Naples, Fla. Instead, the injured defenseman (wrist) has continued to rehabilitate in Philadelphia. GM Paul Holmgren said a decision will be made Saturday on whether Gustafsson will join the team for Sunday's game against Florida.