Doan Elbow vs.Malkin Elbow on Voracek?

Guest The Quigster

For some reason the NHL seems beholden to Pittsburgh. Makes no sense.

They have not one, but two of the dirtiest players in hockey (Cooke & Kunitz), but they still get all the breaks.

And don't get me started on them tanking to get #1 picks 3 years in a row, while we have our worst season ever & get the #2 pick (Junior Varsity Riemsdyk).

And don't get me started on them tanking to get #1 picks 3 years in a row, while we have our worst season ever & get the #2 pick (Junior Varsity Riemsdyk).

Losing the lottery that year exemplifies the old saying, "Can't win for losing"

That Doan elbow was inexcusable. Dude led with arm up coming in for the hit, so obvious it was just stupid

did you watch it at full speed ?

Doan got juked and just tried to get a piece benn, unfortunately that piece was his face, should have been 2 minutes, i think 3 games is pretty steep, but Doan is a repeat offender so ... any way watching it over and over in slow motion makes it look worse than it was,

Edited by mojo1917

Doan gets three game suspension,Malkin get two minutes,Voracek gets another free shot in the head courtesy of NHL officiating. Whats next?

Voracek gets 2 minutes for diving. Wait for it! ;-P

Malkin also went after Giroux's head earlier this year, didn't he? He hit Franzen in the '09 Finals too.

This is a pattern, not a one-time event. It's time for the NHL to scold Malkin.

did you watch it at full speed ?

Doan got juked and just tried to get a piece benn, unfortunately that piece was his face, should have been 2 minutes, i think 3 games is pretty steep, but Doan is a repeat offender so ... any way watching it over and over in slow motion makes it look worse than it was,

I saw it last night on On The Fly, the showed it at full speed once then a bunch of slow-mos from different angles. Watching this again 20 times I can see where you're coming from. Still looks like he's coming in with his elbow up like a flappin' rooster though. Irresponsible play at the least

@sarsippius

oh i agree, it was not a smart/good play, but i take doan at is word for not wanting to hurt benn...his elbow and the one's that Malkenstien throws at Giroux and Voracek are completely different in their intent. Doan's was a check gone bad, Malkenstien's are meant to hurt the recipient.

Doan gets three game suspension,Malkin get two minutes,Voracek gets another free shot in the head courtesy of NHL officiating. Whats next?

The Malkin hit wasn't that bad.

The intent was dirty (as usual with him), but he barely connected.

@five6four

I agree with you, but Malkin is developing a reputation for going after guys heads. He has done it to Giroux before. It was blatant. As we've learned though, that only matters if you play on certain teams.

indeed, but in no way does this league assess penalties on intent. malkins attempted decapitation of giroux earlier this year would be good for 10 games if that were true. unfortunately hes gonna have to seriously injure someone with something blatant in order to be dealt with even a little. the lack of speed and minimal contact make this not worthy of any further discipline