Why Do the Flyers suffer from the Slooooow Start Syndrome?

Guest The Quigster

they didn't start slow against the kitties the other night, they just couldn't put the biscuit in the basket, maybe a better question is why don't they shoot more often ?

I agree,the d seems to be slow when it comes to shooting from the point resulting in a lot of blocked shots out high or a wide shot because the shooting lane has closed.

they didn't start slow against the kitties the other night, they just couldn't put the biscuit in the basket, maybe a better question is why don't they shoot more often ?

Obviously it's because the crowd isn't doing its part of yelling "shooooot" enough when we have the puck.

what i see is guys looking to make the extra pass when they're in between the dots, every once in a while they need to shoot it at the net to keep the tenders honest, it's like the goalies don't respect the flyers shooter in the slot because that guy is looking to make the pass for the backdoor play.

Obviously it's because the crowd isn't doing its part of yelling "shooooot" enough when we have the puck.

I have some very cool people sitting around us at games. But if the woman in back of me yells "shoot" one more time with the puck at the blue line near the boards with defenders on, I'm going to punch her husband

I have some very cool people sitting around us at games. But if the woman in back of me yells "shoot" one more time with the puck at the blue line near the boards with defenders on, I'm going to punch her husband

You'd be doing everyone a favor. As a lesson to the rest of them, if her husband also starts yelling "shoot!" you should punch her in the mouth to show them how serious you are.

@mkscrewy

:rolleyes:

clearly that's what's happening

LOL

Yes, otherwise the Flyers would lead the league in total shots (285) and be 20 ahead of the next team that had only played 73 games.

Oh, wait...

These things don't happen in a vaccuum - the Flyers play every game with a big orange and black target on the front of their sweater. Other teams WANT to beat the Flyers.

Also, their size and depth encourage other teams to try to take it to them and keep them off balance.

I'd be happier if they scored first more often and agree with Briere that they can't go down 2 and 3 goals in the playoffs.

Given that they've only lost by three goals or more twice in the last two months and of their 10 losses, four have been by one goal I'd say they have shown remarkable resiliency in the face of adversity.

I do put some credence in the idea that Laviolette should call a time out right before the opening faceoff, though.

Next question,if Lavi instructed the entire team to start playing "KICK BUTT" hockey from the first drop of the puck,who would be on ice the first shift? Maybe they should play the third period first?

How bout Couturier, Talbot, and Rinaldo. That worked for the Penguins game except Talbot wasn't in.

I swear to God some dumb b*tch sitting in usual STH seats was yelling SHOOT when the puck was behind the goddam net tonight. I'm sorry but there are just some stupid mother f**kers in that building. Half these tools know 2 things: "Shoot", and "Hit him". Shut the Hell up you're an embarrassment to the actual hockey fans here! And don't get me started on the dude with his flat brimmed baseball cap backward like he's Johnny freakin Bench and the pants down at the knees showing the world his boxers. Did he think he was at a f**king Sixers game? Can we start screening people for hockey IQ before allowing them in building?

Rinaldo seems to be a key here, and maybe Sestito. Those guys get out there and play with JAM. The double-edged effect of made up calls against them really hurts their effectiveness and Lavy's trust, but after each of Rinaldo's few shifts, the Flyers are more into the game.