Datsyuk's Response to "The Datsyuk" by Giroux

Guest Merrick

From a recently posted Puck Daddy interview with Pavel Datsyuk:

Did you see the Giroux penalty shot in a recent game? The one he named "The Datsyuk?"

Yes, I saw it. It's very, very flattering. Thank him so much. It feels very good. I am very happy. No other words to describe it.

This strikes me as a classy response from an extremely classy guy. Full interview here.

Did you see the Giroux penalty shot in a recent game? The one he named "The Datsyuk?"

Yes, I saw it. It's very, very flattering. Thank him so much. It feels very good. I am very happy. No other words to describe it.

This strikes me as a classy response from an extremely classy guy. Full interview here.

I agree He plays and speaks with nothing but class. A lot of in depth and intelligent answers. I like how he says he would have dinner with his Parents or Winston Churchill. I dont think your gonna get an answer like that from over 90% of professional athletes. Thanks for posting the article

Thank you very much for posting the link to that article.

He's been my favorite Wing other than Yzerman and since Yzerman, and this article shows why. This is a man who has not let fame change him any significant way. Maybe even more so than Yzerman, he lets his play on the ice speak for him.

I very much appreciate Dmitry being able to interview him in Russian and translating it to English. So many times, people who interview him in English miss getting the deeper side of Pavel, because he struggles with the language, and because of it his answers are shorter and goofier. And you can see in his face that he wants to express himself, but he doesn't always know how to do it using English words. I don't know that I've ever read an interview with a hockey player that was as genuine as this one. His reaction to Giroux's naming the shot after him was totally genuine, even though of all the lines in the interview, that one could be considered the closest to cliche. It is not.

How can anyone not like and respect this guy? (I can understand not pulling for him, because of his team.)

Thank you very much for posting the link to that article.

He's been my favorite Wing other than Yzerman and since Yzerman, and this article shows why. This is a man who has not let fame change him any significant way. Maybe even more so than Yzerman, he lets his play on the ice speak for him.

I very much appreciate Dmitry being able to interview him in Russian and translating it to English. So many times, people who interview him in English miss getting the deeper side of Pavel, because he struggles with the language, and because of it his answers are shorter and goofier. And you can see in his face that he wants to express himself, but he doesn't always know how to do it using English words. I don't know that I've ever read an interview with a hockey player that was as genuine as this one. His reaction to Giroux's naming the shot after him was totally genuine, even though of all the lines in the interview, that one could be considered the closest to cliche. It is not.

How can anyone not like and respect this guy? (I can understand not pulling for him, because of his team.)

He's a very classy player, no doubt. The NHL is full of guys like him, very few prima donnas in the league (especially compared to other pro leagues).