Couple O' Questions going into the Playoffs

Guest mojo1917

So it seems as though this team will make the playoffs.

i'm not so much concerned about whom we play because I think other teams have to match up with us too and I think we're a nightmare for most, capable of rolling 4 good NHL lines, 3 with scoring punch when going well, and the 4th that will grind your ***.

so my questions are these: once the playoffs are clinched do you rest Timmonen ?

i say yes, let Mandog get some more NHL minutes because the tournament is long and guys are going to be in and out of the line up.

will orange jesus' wrists continue be hacked by the NHL with no consequence ?

I say yes, the NHL hates the flying P .

Will Daniel Briere find his scoring touch ?

I say yes, plus he's been playing well he's just been a little "unlucky" as we say in futbol.

Has the offense been sacrificed so @SoCalFlyfan will feel vindicated ? :P

I say no i think people are starting to "get it" with when to pinch and when to stay home . plus the new giants on the blue line aren't burners so they need to be better positionally and they are.

Will Bryz continue to play well ?

again I say yes, has the defense improved ? sure, the goalie finally started playing well. and face it that is your most important defender.

I think this team with some luck can play into May and June, I know we like to say "oh I don't want to play team X " but my feeling is team X doesn't want any part of us.

I'm really drunk right now, and your post is way too optimistic. That said, the Flyers shouldnt care about the matchup, let the other team worry. Philly can beat anyone, especially if they try once in a while.

Oddly enough I could have sworn I saw an orange 48 in the d zone against the Caps. Good things may be on the horizon, and your post could be spot on. Shrug.

Oddly enough I could have sworn I saw an orange 48 in the d zone against the Caps. Good things may be on the horizon, and your post could be spot on.

I saw that too, I think 48 is working hard, let's hope he has some playoff magic as a reward for the occasional backcheck.

Danny will turn into "playoff Danny" once again. He seems to do it every other year, so he's due.

Would love to see him finaly get to hoist the Cup this year.

Leighton basically robbed him of winning the Cup and the Conn Smythe 2 years ago. He would have been a legend for life in Philly.

(Of course, we'd also still have Richards & Carter.)

@AndyS

i think if that series went to a game 7 the flyers would have won it too.

that play from kane seemed so harmless, all that bs headfaking and then he just throws it on net...

leighton is lucky he was just banished to the minors.

i'm not so sure we'd still have both richards and carter though, i think those guys would have had the same issues regardless of winning the cup. i still think homer trades carter before that big nmc kicked in...

Edited by mojo1917

@AndyS

i think if that series went to a game 7 the flyers would have won it too.

that play from kane seemed so harmless, all that bs headfaking and then he just throws it on net...

leighton is lucky he was just banished to the minors.

i'm not so sure we'd still have both richards and carter though, i think those guys would have had the same issues regardless of winning the cup. i still think homer trades carter before that big nmc kicked in...

If we win the Cup that year, there is no pressure to re-tool the team & Richards & Carter would have been darn near untouchable.