Pronger at the Game

Guest hf101

712972_219x93.jpg

Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger is dealing with post-concussion syndrome and hasn't played a game since October. He is now forced to wear glasses and was in such bad shape that he had only made one appearance at the team's practice facility. But he was in attendance at Saturday's game sitting in team chairman Ed Snider's luxury box and got a huge ovation from the fans.

"It was great to see Chris," coach Peter Laviolette said. "I see him in the rink every once

in a while. We haven't seen too much of him. It's good. He's out. That means he's moving

around and hopefully feeling better for the game of life."

There was a report that said Pronger will see a neurologist this week and see if he can

start rehabbing, but GM Paul Holmgren declined to comment on that. All of Pronger's

teammates were happy to see him in the building though.

"He was sitting next to (team owner) Ed Snider. I thought he owns the team now," RW

Jaromir Jagr joked. "We said 'He's the new owner?' and we all waved.

"I actually saw him two days ago at the practice rink. He was there when we had a day

off. I thought he looked good. Hopefully he can come back."

According to the T Pantoch article.....

Yet his status remains the same – no end to his post-concussion syndrome.

During the game, however, NBC 10’s Howard Eskin had a series of messages on Twitter that made it appear as though Pronger has made progress and is “upbeat.”

Again, the Flyers, via general manager Paul Holmgren, had no reaction except to say, status quo.

Glad to see he could be out in public with his family and take in a game. Lavy stated in his post game interview that he hopes Pronger has made progress for everyday life. One can assume Pronger would want to come back, the playoffs however just seem much too soon.

Surprised it took so long for this thread to show up. Looks like his PCS is resolving nicely, since he appeared at a loud arena with bright and sometimes flashing lights. Hopefully someone somehow can interview him today and write about how he feels the day after. Man, adding a healthy Pronger to this lineup for the playoffs is damn near unfair, and exciting.

Pronger Carle

Timonen Coburn

Meszaros Grossman

And Kubina comes in from the press box. Bwahahaha...**** the Pens, Rags, Bs.

Man, adding a healthy Pronger to this lineup for the playoffs is damn near unfair, and exciting.

I would guess that there is about a 0.000000001% chance of that happening. It was great to see him at the game but I doubt that he'll ever play again.

Surprised it took so long for this thread to show up. Looks like his PCS is resolving nicely, since he appeared at a loud arena with bright and sometimes flashing lights. Hopefully someone somehow can interview him today and write about how he feels the day after. Man, adding a healthy Pronger to this lineup for the playoffs is damn near unfair, and exciting.

Pronger Carle

Timonen Coburn

Meszaros Grossman

And Kubina comes in from the press box. Bwahahaha...**** the Pens, Rags, Bs.

Dude that would be just one SICK defensive lineup...

....Kubina as the 7th talk about deep...WOW...sure hope he is able to come back this playoff year.

Edit: Well there is mention of him starting the rehab process that has to be considered good news....

Edited by OccamsRazor

OK since several posters have raised the possibility, I'll ask just for kicks.....he's on LTIR and salary has not counted against the cap during that time, correct? So does the ability to go over the cap with your own players in the playoffs (although it's usually within the context of AHL callups) apply here? Even if it does, and as @Jmdodgesrt4 opines hopefully that maybe this was just a ploy to shut him down completely after the concussion symptoms set in and save him for the postseason, wouldn't the league be all over this with an investigation and possible loss of draft picks or future team cap $ reductions?

Again, my non-insider opinion is his career is over, I'm just entertaining the "what if".....

OK since several posters have raised the possibility, I'll ask just for kicks.....he's on LTIR and salary has not counted against the cap during that time, correct? So does the ability to go over the cap with your own players in the playoffs (although it's usually within the context of AHL callups) apply here? Even if it does, and as @Jmdodgesrt4 opines hopefully that maybe this was just a ploy to shut him down completely after the concussion symptoms set in and save him for the postseason, wouldn't the league be all over this with an investigation and possible loss of draft picks or future team cap $ reductions?

Again, my non-insider opinion is his career is over, I'm just entertaining the "what if".....

first things first... there is just about 0 chance he plays this year, if ever. 2nd, they're allowed to be over the cap come playoff time. players aren't paid for playoffs, just regular season. reference the 2010 blackhawks for being over the cap in playoffs.

a ploy to shut him down until playoffs? that's a funny thought, but there's just no responding to this.

Dude that would be just one SICK defensive lineup...

....Kubina as the 7th talk about deep...WOW...sure hope he is able to come back this playoff year.

Edit: Well there is mention of him starting the rehab process that has to be considered good news....

Mez just had surgery, Kubina would be in.

I would guess that there is about a 0.000000001% chance of that happening. It was great to see him at the game but I doubt that he'll ever play again.

He may play again (doubtful though) but there is ZERO chance that he comes back this year.

Every board needs a comical fake cop to file fake admin reports

i love the ole 'reported'. use it many times myself. it sure does never get old.

I laugh at it every time. I've been reported a few times myself. The last time was because I mentioned that when I moved from my bed to my chair, the Penguins scored two goals against us and we went down 3-2.