We must contain Ovetchkin. They are a one man show

Guest Miller Time

We have far better goaltending than these pretenders. And far more balance as a unit expecially on defense. They have no tandem that can match Myers and Erhoff. We should beat them as long as we do not let Ovetchkin take over. Perhaps Lindy should dress Kaleta for the one task of going after Ovetchkin? But I guess if it aint broke dont fix it applies. We have guys that can hit him.

@Miller Time your running the car off of reality road again. Sure the Capitals have a superstar in AO and he needs to be contained tomorrow, however in no way shape or form are the Caps a one man show. Mike Green, Alex Semin, Marcus Johansson, Troy Brouwer, John Carlsson, and Nik Backstrom will be back soon. Kaleta isn't playing because he is hurt and has a cast on his hand. You can't hit Ovechkin and rattle him because he will just hit you back, you have to take away time and space. Should be fun tomorrow though.

@Miller Time your running the car off of reality road again. Sure the Capitals have a superstar in AO and he needs to be contained tomorrow, however in no way shape or form are the Caps a one man show. Mike Green, Alex Semin, Marcus Johansson, Troy Brouwer, John Carlsson, and Nik Backstrom will be back soon. Kaleta isn't playing because he is hurt and has a cast on his hand. You can't hit Ovechkin and rattle him because he will just hit you back, you have to take away time and space. Should be fun tomorrow though.

Last year around this time Rick starting his Sabres cup parade propaganda-palooza on philly.com. When postseason started he bragged and gloated about how his amazing Sabres and their unbeatable goalie would walk all over Philly. Then a totally disfunctional Flyers team using 7 different goaltenders and without the services of Chris Pronger eliminated them in the 1st round. Thanks for trying to keep a straightjacket and muzzle on him before he does it again...and good luck!

Semin scored last night but has been a disappointment. He was to be traded but nobody wanted him bad enough. One man team

Last year around this time Rick starting his Sabres cup parade propaganda-palooza on philly.com. When postseason started he bragged and gloated about how his amazing Sabres and their unbeatable goalie would walk all over Philly. Then a totally disfunctional Flyers team using 7 different goaltenders and without the services of Chris Pronger eliminated them in the 1st round. Thanks for trying to keep a straightjacket and muzzle on him before he does it again...and good luck!

This Sabres team is better and next years will be even better. Your Flyers were on the ropes. Down 3-2 in games and you guys were eating your couches. You got lucky we had a stupid kid named Butler that Lindy should not had on the ice six minutes from eliminating you and saving you the embarresment of being undressed by Boston God. We never would have let Boston beat us like that.

This Sabres team is better and next years will be even better. Your Flyers were on the ropes. Down 3-2 in games and you guys were eating your couches. You got lucky we had a stupid kid named Butler that Lindy should not had on the ice six minutes from eliminating you and saving you the embarresment of being undressed by Boston God. We never would have let Boston beat us like that.

Come on you can't believe this yourself. Philly dominated most of all 7 games Miller stole game 1 and 4. Only reason we weren't swept was because of the 3 bums they had in goal. Also if I'm not mistake Boston beat everyone they played in the playoffs. That's why they got the big trophy at the end.

Come on you can't believe this yourself. Philly dominated most of all 7 games Miller stole game 1 and 4. Only reason we weren't swept was because of the 3 bums they had in goal. Also if I'm not mistake Boston beat everyone they played in the playoffs. That's why they got the big trophy at the end.

That was a 7 game series that went to the end. So this Sabres team can beat anyone. I say it and i mean it. They are getting better and better and the tandem of Myers, Erhoff, Regehr and Sekera is better than any four they can muster. And we know Miller is better than their goalie. Joke

@Millertime

You might want to check yourself regarding Ryan Miller. He is 22nd in the NHL in GAA and 19th in Sv Pctg. Hardly what I would go off about regarding goalies.

For that matter, Vokouns gaa is 2.53 to Millers 2.48 and Vokouns sv pctg is .916 to Millers .917. Pretty much equal if you ask me. Oh and vokoun is 35 years old no less.

@Millertime

You might want to check yourself regarding Ryan Miller. He is 22nd in the NHL in GAA and 19th in Sv Pctg. Hardly what I would go off about regarding goalies.

For that matter, Vokouns gaa is 2.53 to Millers 2.48 and Vokouns sv pctg is .916 to Millers .917. Pretty much equal if you ask me. Oh and vokoun is 35 years old no less.

Miller was not himself after that hit by lucic. Come on now fella. Are you going to tell me now the guy cant play? You are just coming nto this forum to get me going.

@Millertime

I have been here near inception (early october).

I guess you have to choose which side of the fence(s) you are going to stand on:

1) One of the greatest ever

2) Has not been the same after lucic hit

3) Just a decent NHL goalie that has the capacity to go on a great hot streak

I mean after all, Millers numbers this year are not much different than his number through out his career.

@Millertime

I have been here near inception (early october).

I guess you have to choose which side of the fence(s) you are going to stand on:

1) One of the greatest ever

2) Has not been the same after lucic hit

3) Just a decent NHL goalie that has the capacity to go on a great hot streak

I mean after all, Millers numbers this year are not much different than his number through out his career.

He is back to himself No the injured player after the Lucic hit. Four shutouts in last three weeks. He is playing out of his mind. He stopped 144 of 147 shots in California with two shutouts.

@millertime

A hot streak is one thing, one of the best ever is another. Byrzgalov has actually had an equally if not better run than Miller and I don't spout that he is one of the best ever.

The truth is that miller is very streaky. When he is hot, he is very good, but when he is not hot, he is average at best.

We can agree on that?

@Vanflyer

The one thing about Miller though is when he is healthy, he can be a shut down goalie for a period of time.

@hf101

I agree. However, he is as streaky hot as he is streaky cold and other than the year he played in the olympics (his coming out party) he has not done much of anything to garner a label of one of the best ever (even if playing for a lousy Buffalo team).

Sure. But he hasn't been that goalie since the Olympics.

21-8-5, 2.19, .930 with 5 shutouts since January 1

10-1-2, 1.88, .939 with two shutouts in March.

I wouldn't be counting out Ryan Miller as "hasn't been good since the Olympics" too too quickly.

The guy was once touted (or always has if you're Rick) as one of the games best. I admit i haven't watched much of them recently, mostly because they were irrelevant. Just trying to keep Rick grounded...I'd hate to see him go all goofy again if the Sabres do yet another one and done.

The guy was once touted (or always has if you're Rick) as one of the games best. I admit i haven't watched much of them recently, mostly because they were irrelevant. Just trying to keep Rick grounded...I'd hate to see him go all goofy again if the Sabres do yet another one and done.

I think if you're point is that Miller isn't "one of the game's best" that your opinion may be a little too jaundiced by your experience with Rick.

since Jan 1

Miller - 21-8-5, 2.19, .930

Lundqvist - 21-9-1, 1.94, .926

Thomas - 17-13, 2.73, .903

Fleury - 22-6-2, 2.33, .916

Rinne - 22-7-4, 2.27, .924

Howard - 10-6-2, 2.54, .903

Luongo - 13-6-6, 2.32, .927

Bryzgalov - 18-7-4, 2.02, .926

#3 in GAA, #1 in SV%, #2 in wins among those - who I think we can agree are among the top goalies in the game.

If Miller puts up 2.19/.930 for three months in the playoffs, I wouldn't want to play the Sabres. He certainly has the ability and talent to be one of the best.

@radoran

We played them last year in the playoffs...I don't recall being too worried about him then. I see Bryz is on that list of top goalies. He easily would have made worst goalie his first 3 months. Miller wouldn't have been too far behind him. I'm not saying he sucks. I used to think he was maybe the best there was. But he's just been way too inconsistent. And ya, there's that "Rick" thing.

@radoran

@flyercanuck

Speaking of elite goalies, Darren Millard on Sportsnet's hockey central made a strong case for Quick to get the Vezina. I might agree. If you look at how many games he won for LA while they were scoring almost no goals, it becomes an even stronger case. Many of his league-leading 9 shutouts have been of the 1-0 kind. The guy is a workhorse.