Clinch Tonight?

Guest WingNut722

According to NHL.com, the Red Wings can clinch a playoff berth with a win tonight over Columbus. They can also clinch if they get one point against Columbus, so long as San Jose and LA both lose.

I'd rather have the flat win, of course, and I'm sure Red Wings would too. Given the string of losses they put up recently, it'll sure be a sigh of relief to see that "X" next to their name in Western Conference Standings. It's another stepping stone. With the remaining games in the season, they can concentrate on position for home ice, but getting in is priority now.

The upcoming home-and-home against Columbus should hopefully lift their spirits and their confidences. They have played well against the Jackets this season, so hopefully they can refine all aspects of their game tonight and Wednesday, particularly when Florida and Nashville come calling.

Congrats are in order for the Redwings. Detroit sets a new playoff streak record for making the playoffs 21 years in a row. This is the longest active playoff streak in all professional sports which broke their own record of 20 years from 1938-1958.

.......dynasty wings.

Yep, it's a tribute to the owners and management that success can be this extended.

But I appreciated that the guys didn't celebrate too much. At the beginning of the playoffs, everyone is 0-0, and what matters before that is playing well and gaining momentum and confidence as the regular season ends.