We are in control now. Must go for Ottawa. Or should we?

Guest Miller Time

We obviously cannot take our foot off the gas pedal and we seem invincible right now. Doubt there aree many teams that want to face Miller right now. Ottawa is at Philly Sat. Their schedule is tougher than ours on paper because we have Toronto twice. How can one consider Toronto a real threat. Boston is mathematically in reach but we need cheer for them tomorrow when they host Ovetchkin and his ruskies. Washington is not a very good hockey team. We exposed them last night for what they are. They are lucky Erhoff was injured or it could have been uglier.

So any Sabre fans that read this, do we want 7 or 8? Do we want Rangers or Pittsburgh? We have done well against both. I think I prefer the Rangers as they have no Crosby or Malkin. They have trouble scoring and if Miller shuts them down it could be a fast series. We are definitely in their heads now.

Invincible?

How can a sane human being consider their bubble team unbeatable? Rick, this is the same thing you were doing last year before your last greatest team ever assembled went out in the first round to a Flyers team that didn't even care.

Rangers please and thank you. I want zero part of the Penguins they can go play with Philly and beat each other up in a 7 game series. I think your stretching a bit with the invincible part. This is a better team than the team that lost to Philly last year, however I don't think they are going to steam roll anyone in the playoffs if we get there (still got to close out). It will be a hell of a series against the Rangers, the Pens probably lost the division last night in their loss to the Isles. I would expect 6 or 7 hard fought games of 2-1, 1-0, or 3-2 scores. I will say though boy was that a beating laid down last night. Loved watching AO get rolled over by Pommer and watch him put in the dagger from his stomach in the neutral zone.

Invincible?

How can a sane human being consider their bubble team unbeatable? Rick, this is the same thing you were doing last year before your last greatest team ever assembled went out in the first round to a Flyers team that didn't even care.

i say something in a metaphorical sense and get chastised for it. Give me a break. You are in 'Sabres territory bud and don't forget it. If I am not permitted in Flyers, you come in here and trash my team I am going to give it back. The Sabres have a chance. And you know they do. Are they not playing great hockey? Is Miller not on top of his game? What will it take? Perhaps a visit next Saturday

You want the 7th spot if you can get there. Matchup against Boston is much more favorable than the Pens or Rags

I agree as far as Pittsburgh. But not the Rangers. I do not think the Rangers are as good as their record and they have struggled of late. The 4-1 *** whipping we put on them a good example. All three have top notch goalies as do we. So I just do not know. One thing is certain, we cannot get Philly or New Jersey by the looks of things? Whoever gets Florida can book their tickets for round two. If they hang on which seems pretty likely. But their last game is vs Wash. I am hoping we get some help from Boston and Philly.

I guess my opinion on the Rags is colored by the 7 straight losses the Flyers have against them. Friggin Lundqvuist. Sometimes a team just has your number.

Little chance of Buffalo getting the Flyers. Philly would have to win the conference, which I would have not seen as a possibility even before Bryz and his mystery foot injury

I guess my opinion on the Rags is colored by the 7 straight losses the Flyers have against them. Friggin Lundqvuist. Sometimes a team just has your number.

Little chance of Buffalo getting the Flyers. Philly would have to win the conference, which I would have not seen as a possibility even before Bryz and his mystery foot injury

The Sabres are grabbing alot of headlines today. All over. And deservedly so. I know Miller would love nothing more than to knock Boston out himself. But its very uncertain right now. I think it comes down to how Ottawa finishes? We do not play them. So If they can keep winning and stay ahead of us, then its probably the Rangers. I have no fear of the Rangers and I know the Sabres do not either.

I would think Boston would be the match up that any team wanted. Flyers/Pittsburgh/Rangers are going to physically pound/kick/bite/scratch their way for a win so even if you manage to win against one of those 3 teams, you are going to be hard pressed to continue due to attrition. Boston has been pretty much in free fall since their visit to the "ONE".......

I think it comes down to how Ottawa finishes? We do not play them. So If they can keep winning and stay ahead of us, then its probably the Rangers.

Hmmmmm....Flyers have OTT Saturday and BUF next Thursday, so it seems WE control your destiny!