Sam Carchidi

Guest idahophilly

This is from his blog...

Quote of the day. Flyers coach Peter Laviolette, downplaying an injury to goalie Ilya Bryzgalov: “I’d rather talk about the players available and what we’re going to do in Toronto, as opposed to the ‘woe us’ or try to ‘win one for the Gipper’ speech. We stay away from that crap and focus on what we can do.”

Breakaways. The Leafs have lost a franchise-record 10 straight (0-7-3) at home…..The Flyers are 23-12-3 on the road and 21-12-5 at home….Sergei Bobrovsky, who will start in place of Bryzgalov, is 1-5 with a 5.19 GAA in his last six games. Saying his English is too poor, Bobrovsky refused to talk to the media. He converses with his teammates in English….The Flyers have been much more disciplined lately, but they lead the league with an average of 15.7 penalty minutes per game.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inqflyersreport/Bourdon-ready-to-return.html#ixzz1qWZ2YAcQ

Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

OK... first off, quote of the day is great! "we stay away from that crap" is great! Go Hommer!

But my main point is in the breakaways segment. What a jerk he is about Bob and his English speaking skills. So Bryz is sidelined so now he has to screw with Bob. If this guy hates the Flyers and/or hockey so much then get another job but stop beating up the team and the players. Maybe he just hates Russians? Finally, he ends the segment with a negative about penaties.

Or did I read this the wrong way and I'm willing to say I'm over reacting but I'm tired of this guys dribble.

What do you think?

carchidi is a total hack. pure and simple. notice how he frames bob's stats with precisely the worst amount of games? why does he pick the last 6 games? why not 5? why not 10? because he purposely chose the last 6 games to get the maximum 'bob sucks' feeling. i have not looked, but i can almost guarantee that if you went back to the 7th game bob probably won and played well. but, we'll just leave that one out to prove how negative we can be.

when philly.com inq, daily news.. .all of them go down, we can just hope carchidi goes down with the ship.

But my main point is in the breakaways segment. What a jerk he is about Bob and his English speaking skills.

Richards took a beating and English is his native language, so it goes without saying that there is nothing in it for Bob to conduct interviews in English. Carchidi knows that too, but was all revved up at the prospect of Bob screwing up and saying something controversial, hence the infantile swipe he took at him. Classy.

He thrives on that kind of crap. He did it to Ray Emery and he did it to Richie just in recent memory. he always has to get his sad, pathetic little jabs in, and he never let's it go. Weeks from now Bob might answer some questions after a game and Carchidi will be sure to write "Bobrovsky, who weeks ago refused to speak to the media saying his English was too poor..."

Bob has NEVER given an English interview (at the very least that I know about), and didn't speak English at all two years ago. **** Carchidi. Bob didn't do anything to him AFAIK.

Boo ****** hoo. The talentless hack might have to actually write something now, or more likely, will sign on here and steal a recent thread of the day.

Btw, that streak was Feb, when no one on the team felt defense down low was mandatory. The month of the backdoor goal. Bob is quick, but a large amount of those were literally impossible.

Guy's a cleansing nozzle for sure, so what Bobs speaks with his teammates in Engish, that's his "family" and they don't bust his a$$ for things he might not say right or more likely they will bust his chops for it but in the teammate way, which is better 1000000 times than they way the press would bust his a$$.

good for Bobs i hope he finds his groove, if we're to make a run he's going to see some ice time.