Not good, not good at all....Lindros

Guest krasy

http://flyers.nhl.co...vid=DL|PHI|home

Mixed feeling...Really like Lindros as a player and Flyer, but there is always something wrong when he returns.

What don't you like? Listen I was on the Clarke side of the Flyers vs Lindros drama when it was going on, but I see this as a nothing but positive.

What bad things happen when he "comes back"? Unless you're referring to his return to play in the 2000 ECF (which is a completely differrent subject), the alumni game was his first official appearance since he was traded....and I don't think anything bad happened that day, he was well received by the crowd and apparently by the organization. Homer has extended the olive branch on behalf of the team, I say good. Life's too short.....

only a philly fan could find something negative in this... lol. i think it's great. in fact, i was just watching some highlight videos of lindros yesterday. he was an amazing player who was huge for this organization. if they ever got him a goalie we would have won it all.

eric destroys dejardins... poor guy. this is the original 'Harttrick' lindros scores and then drops them. i don't know if he had an assist that game, but it's a safe bet he did as he did most games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUSHRAc_nY&feature=related

Glad to see the hatchet is buried. It's good to have your best players around the organization, and there wasn't many better than Lindros.

I can't imagine what it was like having him come at you, pissed off, when he was in his prime. What an animal!

What don't you like? Listen I was on the Clarke side of the Flyers vs Lindros drama when it was going on, but I see this as a nothing but positive.

What bad things happen when he "comes back"? Unless you're referring to his return to play in the 2000 ECF (which is a completely differrent subject), the alumni game was his first official appearance since he was traded....and I don't think anything bad happened that day, he was well received by the crowd and apparently by the organization. Homer has extended the olive branch on behalf of the team, I say good. Life's too short.....

Don't get me wrong - Lindros was the main reason for me to become Flyers fan. But as you mentioned 2000 ECF and the alumni game. Flyers enter the Winter Classic as a #1 team in Eastern Conference, after that is Downward Spiral

I will be happy to eat some crow latter, but i just don't have good feeling.

Otherwise it is really a classy move by the management.

Edited by krasy

I can't imagine what it was like having him come at you, pissed off, when he was in his prime. What an animal!

I can't imagine even taking a faceoff against him. He basically led with his head followed by the rest of his 240 lbs. The puck was the least of your concerns. I loved the way he took faceoffs.

Edited by Podein25

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/05/16/sports/lindros-carries-a-mean-stick-and-rangers-see-it-coming.html

Ranger Coach Colin Campbell helped direct their attention today after his team held its final pre-series practice at Playland here.

''You could almost call a penalty every shift on Lindros, the way he plays with his stick,'' Campbell said. ''The way he uses his stick, he's a mean guy. He could be one of the meanest in the league. It's intimidating playing against him.'

in case you were wondering where Colin's predilection for suspending Flyers developed...

Having him around these days is great PR,he was well received at the Winter Classic.Nobody could hold a candle to this guy,the best power foward ever. It would be a good thing to have him hanging out in the Philly area,help the guys,doing PR,just bum around with the rest of the fat guys!

LOVE #88! Lindros is an all-time great Flyer. Period.

Should have won a Cup or two in Philly, IMO.

Sucks to see his career cut short by injury.

Hope he recovers from his concussions and lives a long & happy life.

Don't get me wrong - Lindros was the main reason for me to become Flyers fan. But as you mentioned 2000 ECF and the alumni game. Flyers enter the Winter Classic as a #1 team in Eastern Conference, after that is Downward Spiral

I will be happy to eat some crow latter, but i just don't have good feeling.

Otherwise it is really a classy move by the management.

You gotta be kidding me? Because Lindros was in the WC Alumni game we tanked and THAT gives you a bad feeling now? Wow!

if Lindros still had his skating legs, I'd sign him and put him on the 4th line. Jagr said something to the effect of "I loved it there, no one touched me". That'd be perfect for big E and on that line he wouldn't be expected to score

;)