Not good, not good at all....Lindros

Guest krasy

@krasy

I have to agree with others that you are really reaching here. I particularly agree with JackStraw and thing its great.

How you can possibly draw a correlation to lindros at the WC and the Flyers nose diving is completely beyond me.

@Vanflyer

Just in my book Flyers and Lindros (as i sad before i really like him as a player and he was the main reason for me to become Flyers fan) don't mix well together. Much more bitter than sweet memories and feelings.

i do not blame Lindros for anything.

But Flyers and Lindros together is bad match.

P.S. Didn't get a chance to see the game vs Leafs, but after reading about their goalie injury (wish him quick recovery BTW) i will keep my fingers crossed all that "bad luck" to stay with Eric others teams

@krasy-

I guess my view is that the hatchet as been buried since the WC. I don't think he is bad for the Flyers. Its unfortunate how it all played out and truthfully I think that there are wrongs on both sides of the fence, but the past is the past. I hope at sometime, the Flyers will amend their anniversary dvd set to include a game from the Lindros era.

After all dispute between Flyers and Lindros, he is still loved Flyers more then any other team. It's something special about Lindros and Flyers after all. As someone mentioned here, I never thought to see Lindros and Jagr on ice in the same uniform.

We are guys lucky to be fans of one best organization in NHL.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/144931985.html?cmpid=15585797

I'm surprised that there hasn't been much discussion about this.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Big E is thinking about lacing them up professionally again? Apparently everyone said he looked good at practice and then during the game last night Jonesy made some comments. Jonesy said something to the effect that Lindros is younger than Jagr and seeing him on the ice must make Eric think about a return.

If indeed that happened (big if) it would be pretty cool to see him on the ice again wearing an orange and black 88 again.

Call me a homer, but I have never seen as dominant an overall player than Lindros was.

Not saying he as better than 99 or Lemieux, but just a more overall dominant player. He had it all, except the ability to stay healthy mid-may through his career, which ultimately ended it too soon.

One of the best ever.......HOF some day?

Just like Homer I think this subject syntax is classy, so I responded to this one and not a paranoid subject line.

He can still play the game, not at his level in the past, but maybe 70% of that level, one thing he still has is the knack of

passing, scoring, grit and smarts, he might not have the stamina but just like Jagr, he is a tremendous asset.

There are many highlight videos of lindros, but this one is perhaps my favorite. Brindy gives some good yap yap to Roy after lindros gets an easy back door and Roy pulls a Billy Smith / Hexy on Brindy. Lindros strides right in and wanted to go with Roy (who should thank Renberg for just moving him away).

Dorny is classic regarding his color on this:

LOVED seeing Lindros on the ice again. He looked pretty darn good still. Almost forgot what a mountain of a man he was as he looked huge even without shoulder pads.

I just wish that he would have received the same protection that Crosby does as he might have played another 5 years.

There are many highlight videos of lindros, but this one is perhaps my favorite. Brindy gives some good yap yap to Roy after lindros gets an easy back door and Roy pulls a Billy Smith / Hexy on Brindy. Lindros strides right in and wanted to go with Roy (who should thank Renberg for just moving him away).

Dorny is classic regarding his color on this:

wow.. lindros rocked that guy... awesome shot of the jaw shot at the end.

They should use Lindross on next time Pisspurgh plays against Flyboys....I would love to see him sending Cindy out of this planet. The Crap Flyers have taken this year from other players would have never happened when Legion of Doom was on ice. NEVER. I should not happen now ether.

Guys running around and hitting ( Briere ) our smaller guys like last night would not be tolerated and there would be payback on next game...Cindy better f keep his head up and Makin too...I hope someone takes them out. :)

Great to see Lindross skates with Flyers....He was a great player.