7 Goals, and ZERO Points for Giroux?

Guest AndyS

From what I saw he was having a hard time in the nuetral zone (I tuned in during the 2nd period so I don't know what happened in the 1st). It seemed that whenever he got the puck the leafs just smothered him. I felt that they really keyed in on Giroux and did their best to keep him off his game. Only problem with this strategy is that we have 3 other lines capable of scoring.

From what I saw he was having a hard time in the nuetral zone (I tuned in during the 2nd period so I don't know what happened in the 1st). It seemed that whenever he got the puck the leafs just smothered him. I felt that they really keyed in on Giroux and did their best to keep him off his game. Only problem with this strategy is that we have 3 other lines capable of scoring.

This is probably going to be every team's strategy in the playoffs. And by every team's strategy I mean the Penguins strategy. If the Briere line can heat up it can really make the difference in this series.

If Briere doesn't do his usual magic "Where the hell did THIS guy come from?!?" routine in the playoffs, he doesn't fit in with the Flyers next year.

If he had contributed in in direct correlation to the amount he was paid, the Flyers are playing for first in the conference this week.

@TedZep

I am not sure I agree with the Briere sentiment. While am I in no way saying he has not lived up to his pay check, I don't think if you add in a few more goals / assists that this team is contenting for the conference now. I look at it as a displacement thing. While he has not been getting the goals and assists they have been coming in equal spades from other folks.

The reality is that we are on pace to score 264 goals this year (6 more than last year) and give up 227 (5 more than last year). So, our goal differential is the same. Last year we were one point out of the conference win.

Briere definitely had a hand in the Tampa game, but no more so than Carle AND Bryz not being able stop one game momentum saves.

In the end, I think we can attribute at least two take back games by Bryz (one that we absolutely should have won). Perhaps even one by Bobs. Or at least lets say one by each.

That is 4 points which would put us at 102 with 5 games to go. Add in that going 0-5 against the rangers hurts as well. Win one of those games and add in the should have won points and that puts us at 104 and the rangers at 105, with a head to head game to go.