NHL hates Flyers

Guest Flyingswede

Look. Shouldnt our 7-1 win against Toronto be the biggest news on www.nhl.com??? To win 7-1 at air canada center?

Bollocks. Its so obviosly NHL doesnt like us. I dont mind it but a 7-1 away win is less important according to nhl.com than if Crosby gets a puck on his nose.

Beating a quasi-AHL team with a backup goaltender pulled in at the last moment isn't something that is "big news."

It's "dog bites man" type stuff.

In yesterday's action, the Isles sweeping the Pens in a home and home is big news. Washington beating Boston to keep their playoff chances alive. Chicago outlasting St. Louis. Phoenix beating San Joseto drop the Sharks to 9th(!). Even Minnesota over Florida, given the Division implications in the Southeast.

All Much Much Much bigger news than one of the NHL's top teams decimating one of the league's woeful franchises.

Look. Shouldnt our 7-1 win against Toronto be the biggest news on www.nhl.com??? To win 7-1 at air canada center?

Bollocks. Its so obviosly NHL doesnt like us. I dont mind it but a 7-1 away win is less important according to nhl.com than if Crosby gets a puck on his nose.

Beating the Leafs barely qualifies as news these days.

• Like 1

I hope this isnt a news flash to you!? I get your pain though!

The Leafs are (to quote someone from the NHL Tonight show last night) simply the worst team in hockey. That being the case, the Flyers pummeling them isn't exactly the lead story, especially with the playoff races in both conferences.

Ha! FK Em ALL is what I say.

I hear ya Swede, it's nothing new. It goes back to 1970 when the Bullies became the Bullies and all the purists decided the Flyers were ruining the honor of the sport. Well, they were right to a certain extent. A few years later when we won the Cup they really started hating us. And just so there was no mistaking how we did it we won it again the next year. :)

Fk Em ALL!

Edited by canoli

Lol, thanks for the feedback I'll hear ya. I was watching the swedisg news and saw on the sports that we crushed the leafs (yep I missed the game) and went immediately to NHL.com to check it out and was stunned over I couldnt find anything written about it anywhere on the site.

Well, I was thrilled over the win anyway. Oh how wonderful it is to beat the leafs!!! sorry I missed the game.

Lol, thanks for the feedback I'll hear ya. I was watching the swedisg news and saw on the sports that we crushed the leafs (yep I missed the game) and went immediately to NHL.com to check it out and was stunned over I couldnt find anything written about it anywhere on the site.

Well, I was thrilled over the win anyway. Oh how wonderful it is to beat the leafs!!! sorry I missed the game.

Go to http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/. You'll get better coverage of the hockey news.

What's more enjoyable? Watching the Flyers smoke the leafs yet again, or watching that little ***** Crosby take a puck to the face? I don't know. It's a bit of a toss up.

I was surprised to see how violently Crosby reacted to that shot to the face. I would have expected that he would have built up quite a tolerance from all the other things he routinely takes to the face when hanging out with Lemieux and Pierre McGuire.

I was surprised to see how violently Crosby reacted to that shot to the face. I would have expected that he would have built up quite a tolerance from all the other things he routinely takes to the face when hanging out with Lemieux and Pierre McGuire.

BEST. LINE. EVER. I always enjoy a good Crosby is a homo joke.

@Flyingswede

When on NHL.com, if you go to SCORES, you will see that days scores. For the game you want, there is a "Recap" icon. Click on that and you get the game write-up.

Another option that usually has good write-ups is Tsn.ca.

Yeah I know I ment it wasnt anything written about the game on the first page. I think a win like that deserves that.

Today's win deserved it. And there they are with the second feature after the promo for tonight's games and two stories at the top of the news feed.

Plus 10 video clips.

On the home page.

True story.

Honestly beating the Leafs soundly isn't news anymore. I have always thought there was a bias with Bettman in the Pens not only with his star attraction in Crosby but also for his personal and heavy involvement in keeping the Pens in Pittsburgh.

I also feel that not knowing the game he always had a disdain for the Flyers and their style of play from when he first got into the league.

Those two things scare the hell out of me when facing the Pens in the first round because we are likely going to be fighting an uphill battle against not only the Pens but the leagues protection of Crosby.

• Like 1