Howard In, Quincy Out

Guest WingNut722

http://www.freep.com/article/20120330/SPORTS05/120330020/Jimmy-Howard-in-Kyle-Quincey-out-as-Red-Wings-host-Predators

The Detroit Free Press reports that Jimmy Howard is ready to man the Pipes tonight as The Wings take on the Predators. Kyle Quincy is also being rotated out in place of Jakub Kindl, though everyone agrees it's not due to performance issues. The Wings have seven defensemen and will rotate them now and throughout the Playoffs.

With the return of Howard, and Kindl, keeping Ty Conklin as the backup, and rotating Quincy out, we will now have a chance to see the Red Wings lineup that we saw back in February, when they were on top of the NHL. If the mojo is still there, it should be a great game tonight at The Joe.

@Vanflyer

lol,.....my bet was sure off on that one. I didn't see any of the game, but I do know it was Howard's first game back. With MacDonald injured, and Conklin's mediocre play, who knows if Howard is 100%. Has the age of this team caught up on them? On the other hand congrats to Trotz 500th win.

@Vanflyer

Detroit is the only team with a losing record that currently in the playoffs, or who is challenging to make the playoffs. They are a team that can turn it up a notch but it has to happen fairly soon, the reg season is nearing and end. They could easily be seeing a first round exit.

It's gonna be a short postseason for us, I'm afraid. Even if we do sink and stay at the 6th seed and play Dallas or LA and actually beat them, then we'll have to face either St. Louis or Vancouver, and the way both of those teams match up with us, We're in trouble.

Getting Helm back will help some, but he's not enough I don't think.

And he should have been. It was really more of a charge than a classic elbow to the head, but he left his feet. I think Shanny's analysis is pretty much dead on. 1 game's right. More than 2 would have been excessive.