NHL Network Coverage of Flyers v. Sens

Guest AndyS

At least they acknowledged Bob played like two games since mid-Feb and the first two were no chance. Third was bad goaltending.

I hate making excuses, and kind of want to punch myself for making them, but I still like Bob.

Shady D to start the game, coupled by ANOTHER hot goaltender. Wonderful. Hope they dig back from this bad start.

I'm impressed. I thought they were rather even handed.

Yeah, they're not bad. I find that pretty much all the Canadian teams' broadcasters are less homer-ish and more into the nuances of the game than most of the American teams' crews.

Edited by JackStraw
  • Like 1

Did anyone hear the one announcer say something along the lines of " The Flyers are not really that great this year, i think they need more Europeans on the roster"...I know someone else had to hear that....

I'm not sure I hear that exactly but I did hear a reference to euro players when Giroux lost his stick and kicked the puck to a teammate.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

They were talking about playing soccer before the games. When they said the Flyer's weren't that good and needed more Euro's.

That makes sense because when he said it Kubina made a pass to Jagr ....then I hear 'Flyers need more Euros"....

wow... did not know that. thought that they were national HNIC announcers. and you wouldn't have known from their commentary either... totally even.

I kept wondering what College the players went to!