Grossman, 7-10 Days, Briere, indefinite

Guest trevluk

In what has to be the toughest remaining 4 game schedule in the NHL, the Flyers will face the Pens twice along with the Rags and Sabres. It is also almost set in stone that the Flyers will face the Pens in the first round thus essentially making it a 9 game series with the first 2 games counting for momentum and confidence. It is basically now just a question of whether the Flyers finish as the 4th or 5th seed. The Flyers control their own destiny in that if they keep pace with Pens in the games against Buffalo and NY, then if they can beat the Pens in regulation in both of the remaining games against them they will finish 1 point ahead of them and take the 4th seed.

The question is, do they even want the 4th seed and home ice advantage considering they have played a little better on the road than at home this year? I think they might do better as the 5th seed where it would only take stealing one game in Pittsburgh to take away home ice advantage from a team that has relied more heavily on winning in their own barn and plant a seed of doubt in their heads. Any thoughts?

In what has to be the toughest remaining 4 game schedule in the NHL, the Flyers...

The Penguins have a tougher schedule than the Flyers. Particularly if you count today (Sunday's) game, the Pens play(ed) the Flyers twice, a team that now has a 4-1 record over them, the Rangers, the leader for President's trophy, and the Bruins, division winner and last year's Cup winner.

In the west no one plays the 1st, 2nd and (eventual!) 4th seed (twice.)

The Flyers have played well in Pittsburgh this year, but I want the Flyers fans to enjoy those first two at the Wach before the Flyers clinch in Game 5. At home.

Flyers announce Danny Briere "out indefinitelyZ" with upper back contusion. Result of Vitale hit

Nicklas Grossmann out 7-10 days with knee injury. Two bad blows w/playoffs coming up

Pens Joe Vitale managed to knock Nick Grossman (LBI) and Danny Briere (UBI) out of the Flyers lineup

@Irishjim

I think somebody need to knock Vitale out of the line up. I am still so pissed I can't see straight because of all that happened at the end of the game, especially the comments from the Pens afterwards. This **** has to stop and the league better do something about it. That was a national game and everyone sees all that the Pens get away with. It's embarassing to the league and the sport.

do they even want the 4th seed and home ice advantage considering they have played a little better on the road than at home this year? I think they might do better as the 5th seed where it would only take stealing one game in Pittsburgh to take away home ice advantage

Of course, another way of looking at this is, not only would they have to steal that away game, but they would also need to win all three at home, something that have had difficulty doing.

I think we fans tend to overthink these things. In the playoffs, everyone's home and road record resets to 0-0.

Of course, another way of looking at this is, not only would they have to steal that away game, but they would also need to win all three at home, something that have had difficulty doing.

I think we fans tend to overthink these things. In the playoffs, everyone's home and road record resets to 0-0.

True about the reset, but hopefully seasonal play in various buildings amount to something, perhaps confidence or lack there of if nothing else. Also, a good point about having to win three at home. In thinking about it some more, I'll take home ice and be confident that we can win at least half of our home games and take 2 of 3 in their barn.

That was a national game and everyone sees all that the Pens get away with. It's embarassing to the league and the sport.

Like Malkin Rabbit Punching G in the back of the head when he took him down in the Corner during the 2nd, and Cissy Slashing so hard he breaks his stick.

But we complain to much :)

Back contusion for DB out indefinitely , Nic is 7 - 10 days...Ughh

What is a contusion? Wiki says...it is another name for a bruise. What is a bruise ? A bruise, or contusion, is caused when blood vessels are damaged or broken as the result of a blow to the skin (be it bumping against something or hitting yourself with a hammer). The raised area of a bump or bruise results from blood leaking from these injured blood vessels into the tissues as well as from the body's response to the injury. A purplish, flat bruise that occurs when blood leaks out into the top layers of skin is referred to as an ecchymosis.

So a back bruise gives you an indefinitely out notice. Indefinitely out could mean 5 days or 10 weeks...so I suppose we will have to see what is up with Danny.

Did this happen from the hit at the end of the game, no, I think it was a crosscheck to the back earlier...you know...the one that didn't get called or start a brawl....

There, fixed it for you.....

If Philly takes either of those two out, the Bettman wrath will make the Saints/Sean Payton thing look like child's play. Not worth it, sadly.

I wish the Flyers stars got that level of protection.

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by terp, April 2, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by terp, April 2, 2012 - No reason given

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Briere-Grossmann-will-miss-time.html

It turns out center Danny Briere and defenseman Nick Grossmann were injured more seriously than the Flyers first believed.

Both will miss games this week but are expected to be ready for the playoffs.

Both were injured in collisions with Pittsburgh's Joe Vitale in the Flyers' 6-4 win on Sunday.

After Sunday's game, the Flyers said Briere was "fine" and that Grossmann was day-to-day with an apparent knee injury.

On Monday, they said Grossmann would miss seven to 10 days. That means he is out for the regular season, which ends Saturday. GM Paul Holmgren said Briere was out indefinitely with an upper-back contusion.

The Flyers play in Pittsburgh on Saturday. Think Vitale will be looking over his shoulder?

Good one! with that said do we start Bob first round of the playoffs against the Pens?

Ahhh goalie questions, clearly the playoffs are upon us!

I don't think it matters to be honest, the Flyers skaters will decide this series. If they show up, there isn't a single team that can beat them four times in seven games. Even if they get home ice disadvantage.

I guess someone should target Orpik and Staal.

I guess someone should target Orpik and Staal.

Since the Pens took out one of the Flyers defenseman and one forward then it's only fair that the Flyers do the same to the Pens. I say the Flyers take out Letang and Crosby.

Take em ALL out! One by one, all at once, either way I don't give a damn as long as they're the ones golfing after 2 weeks. The best revenge is winning 4 games before they do.

If I had my choice I'd have the Flyers open on the road. We can certainly take at least 1 game in Pissburgh, maybe even both. I'm not as confident about winning both G1 and 2 at home.

• Like 1