This team better show up today vs. Pitt

Guest Cheesesteak

i didn't think they played too badly yesterday, ottawa is a good team and will have their chances, once again we had some iffy goals against on those chances, I'll attribute that to rust,Bob shored it up in the 2nd, i think he plays well today. plus i think we match up well with the pens even with a healthy stall, they don't play many teams that have our scoring depth.

@Cheesesteak

Sometimes I think the Flyers don't 'show up', but really when you think about it ..when 2 teams play each other one team will play better, so is there ever a case where we 'show up' but get beat by the better team ? what if we don't show up and the other team doesn't show up ? what if both teams show up ? What if one team shows up in the first period and then the other team shows up even more 7 minutes into the 2nd period ?

Maybe it's the fact fact that the Flyers play in front a bunch of wealthy stiffs at home and it's hard to get exited for anything because everyone is too busy looking at their cell phone, stuffing chicken fingers and pretzels in their face, or wiping up their kids ice cream cone that just spilled all over everything. Just a theory...

My point is it's not realistically for any team to show up 60 minutes of every single game every single night.

• Like 1

Maybe it's the fact fact that the Flyers play in front a bunch of wealthy stiffs at home and it's hard to get exited for anything because everyone is too busy looking at their cell phone, stuffing chicken fingers and pretzels in their face, or wiping up their kids ice cream cone that just spilled all over everything. Just a theory...

i miss the spectrum too... the wf center is beautiful blah blah blah, but I'm looking at a $350-400 day for my family of 3 drive to philly (2 hours) park, have a dog/soda or beer and sit somewhere other than the vertigo inducing top of the bowl. that's an impediment to me and I love the Flyers, the wf center has all but priced me out of showing up and i'm Joe Middle class . i'm sure a lot of other passionate fans that would scream themselves silly are staying home too.

i miss the spectrum too... the wf center is beautiful blah blah blah, but I'm looking at a $350-400 day for my family of 3 drive to philly (2 hours) park, have a dog/soda or beer and sit somewhere other than the vertigo inducing top of the bowl. that's an impediment to me and I love the Flyers, the wf center has all but priced me out of showing up and i'm Joe Middle class . i'm sure a lot of other passionate fans that would scream themselves silly are staying home too.

Sad but true. The Spectrum was what it was because of the people, it was filled with diehards. And frankly, I have actually come to loathe a great portion of the clientele that show up for games.....non-hockey-knowing, Facebook updating, cell phone yakking, talking about everything but game with their date/client/other, front running "hey look I'm on jumbotron", holding their camera in my f**king face, showing off for their friends tools. I miss the Spectrum and I miss the real fans who didn't need someone to tell them when to cheer, who actually cared about the game.

Why is it taking a full one to two seconds to blow the whistle when Bob covers, but flower gets an instant whistle. We cannot afford Pens landing on Bob...playing through the whistle (as they should).

Some tlhings never change bias in favor of Crosby and Malkin continues. Malkin takes whacks at Giroux's head while he iis down on the ice. Missed too many men on the ice gets called by Pens bench and the Refs give it to them. Holding the stick turns into a hook. If this is the way they call the playoffs it will be quick exit. The April fool is all of us that think the Refs do not favor the other team.

Welcome to Refguins game. No call on Crosby slash on Giroux, no call on Malkin. And they are all real man when there is Flyer on the ice. Last game was Kunitz stepin and rubbing Harnell, now is Malkin givin Giroux two shots in the back of the head, while G schooled him on PK.

Edited by krasy

Crosby also broke his stick in half slashing Voracek, no call. Also missed the knee to knee that took Grossman out.

Very good job by Bob today IMO, several tough saves. Good showing by most Flyers, except Briere's allergies to back checking with any gusto. Carle really played well, and I like Bourdon's game. Rinaldo showing some skill, Wellwood FLYING all over playing everywhere. ****** first, but awesome game to watch, loved it.