Blysma & Crosby - 2 "honest" guys (more like 2 April Fools)

Guest canoli

@Desert_Fly_Dog

I too was wondering how many times the officials would let Malkin to go unpenalized for punching Sean Couturier in the face while they are standing right there watching. Apparently, he's allowed at least two free ones.

Also, consider the irony: Crosby, who has been reckless with his stick all afternoon, gives it to Schenn, who retaliates after the whistle. Crosby DIVES and this becomes Bylsma's rationale for sending out his 4th line to beat up Schenn, precipitating the entire 3rd period melee, and for complaining post game that Crosby was "targeted". Crosby and Bylsma have no shame.

• Like 2

"the game is 60 minutes" crosby

"Joe did the right thing" - crosby

"he shouldn'tve put him out there" - crosby suggesting Lavy shouldn't have put Briere on the ice

I forgot the exact quotes from Blysma but it was more of the same.

yeah, you're right Sid, you're right Dan, we shouldn't have put Briere on the ice in the final 1:14, we should've done what you guys did, send out the goon squad.

Lavy's response says it all: GUTLESS

See how quickly the Pens swarmed after that hit on Briere? Okay a-holes, we'll see you next Saturday...

I am so damn glad Sidney Crosby doesn't play for the Flyers. I'll take Mike Richards, Claude Giroux and a dozen other guys any day of the week. I couldn't care less about his awesome talent, he's a classless punk of a player. Primma Donna doesn't do him justice. Crybaby is closer but he's even worse, he's a fkn Phony.

Its cause he's a F-A-G!

Thats why no one has ever seen him with a girl, ever at i've never even seen him with one on his arm...he's a D!CK!!!!!!!Hope Rinaldo puts him on the shelf for good the next game!!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

I too was wondering how many times the officials would let Malkin to go unpenalized for punching Sean Couturier in the face while they are standing right there watching. Apparently, he's allowed at least two free ones.

I almost choked on my lunch reading this ... good stuff. LOL

the pens are so friggin deluded it's really quite amazing. bylsma was upset that cooter 'pushed' frankenstein? umm... the way i saw it he bumped into him slightly and geno retaliated with a few jabs to the face. i'd say that matter was more than settled right there.

anyway, i'm not the biggest advocate of goonery, but if the matchup is completely settled by this saturday's matchup, i think there's a lot of merit to starting shelley, rinaldo and sestito(if he's healthy enough to come back). briere is now 'out indefinitely' with a back bruise. meaning he probably broke his back. and grossmann is out for 8-10 days meaning we'll be lucky to have him back in the 1st round.

i think saturday would be a good time to send a message to pitt that if they're gonna make runs at our good players they're gonna get some back. do it before the playoffs so we can get that shite out of the way.

• Like 1

'Mike Milbury on the end of yesterday's Flyers-Penguins game: "I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there." [CBS Philly]'

and more from him:

'One of the instigators of the fight was the Penguins’ Sidney Crosby. “Little goody two shoes [Crosby] goes into the corner and gives a shot to Schenn. Schenn was late to the party, he should have turned around and drilled him right away, but I guess better late than never,” Milbury said. “So you know, Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop. He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, ‘I’m not going to do this anymore, I’m not going to get into this scrums, I’m going to stay away from that stuff.’ He couldn’t help himself because there’s a little punk in Crosby. He’s not the perfect gentleman. He’s not the sweet kid you see in interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes. I’d say screw him, hit him,” he said.

“There’s a lot to settle after that.”'

Edited by mkscrewy

We need to lay him out next game.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Flyers should do the exact opposite.

Think about it -- how many times have we seen the flyers skate around, trying to extract a little payback, only to end up with the puck in their own net? Don't get me wrong -- if a guy sees a hit he should give it. But it would benefit the Flyers much more, especially if the series goes the distance, to avoid getting into a brawl.

'Mike Milbury on the end of yesterday's Flyers-Penguins game: "I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there." [CBS Philly]'

and more from him:

'One of the instigators of the fight was the Penguins’ Sidney Crosby. “Little goody two shoes [Crosby] goes into the corner and gives a shot to Schenn. Schenn was late to the party, he should have turned around and drilled him right away, but I guess better late than never,” Milbury said. “So you know, Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop. He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, ‘I’m not going to do this anymore, I’m not going to get into this scrums, I’m going to stay away from that stuff.’ He couldn’t help himself because there’s a little punk in Crosby. He’s not the perfect gentleman. He’s not the sweet kid you see in interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes. I’d say screw him, hit him,” he said.

Bylsma and Granato could have, but both know that Berube is over there and neither wants a part of that hornets nest Edited by peter puck

"And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there."

Amen to that. I don't always agree with Milbury but he's right this time.

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I think the Flyers should do the exact opposite.

Think about it -- how many times have we seen the flyers skate around, trying to extract a little payback, only to end up with the puck in their own net? Don't get me wrong -- if a guy sees a hit he should give it. But it would benefit the Flyers much more, especially if the series goes the distance, to avoid getting into a brawl.

I get your point, it seems like more recently when the Flyers have gotten under the Pens skins, getting them off their games, they've been more successful. I wouldn't run around trying to take Crosby out, but EVERY opportunity, lay into him. I see too many guys pull up when they have the chance to really nail someone.

to me the best revenge would be to send them to the golf course, bath house and back to mother russia.

they cannot beat a team that matches their depth let alone has better players 1-9, and guess what, the flyers have better players 1-9 once you get past their great centermen (and even then i'd take giroux over staal and crosby) i think the flyers win the match-ups talent wise. michelck and niskanen are okay but exploitable and orpik is good but he can be taken wide and doesn't have the wingspan to stop fast players. letang is damn good but he wants to be a tough guy and gets taken out of his skating game pretty easily.

we're a bad match-up for them.

I get your point, it seems like more recently when the Flyers have gotten under the Pens skins, getting them off their games, they've been more successful. I wouldn't run around trying to take Crosby out, but EVERY opportunity, lay into him. I see too many guys pull up when they have the chance to really nail someone.

Yeah, that bothers me too. At least finish the checks in the corners on the dump and chase!

On that note, how about Couturier getting under Malkin's skin? Combined with Schenn grating on Crosby, it is just funny to think that two guys who are basically college freshmen got so under the skin of the NHL's golden boy and his Tonto.

On that note, how about Couturier getting under Malkin's skin? Combined with Schenn grating on Crosby, it is just funny to think that two guys who are basically college freshmen got so under the skin of the NHL's golden boy and his Tonto.

That's DEFINITELY good to see. I think those extra little bumps, chirping, Hartnell-type behavior is what this team has to concentrate on against the Pens. It really throws them off their game. Perhaps Richards was more concerned with trying to "match" the hype of Crosby? This team is out there to play THEIR game and it seems almost have fun.

and more from him:

Mike Milbury said all that??

I find this extremely hard to believe. First that he's making this much sense, 2nd that he'd rag on Sidney Crosby this much.

Me too PG - no frkkn way. I think Mr. Screwy is screwing with us a bit.

Funny thing is - this is exactly what somebody on t.v. should say about Sid the Spoiled Kid.

Maybe people will since the NHL miraculously found a way to carry on with the league without Crosby for an entire season. Oh my its almost like the NHL existed BEFORE that preteen looking d*ckhole came along.

Edited by Phillygrump

Thanks Oz! I stand corrected.

Okay...so Mike Milbury made sense. Someone kindly note the date and time, this is for history.

[edit: Wow, and do yourself a favor don't just read it. Click the link and listen to the whole interview. He talks about Malkin for his "cheap spear on Bourdon when he was down on the ice."

another good one from Milbury - the radio guy says something like "at least Malkin doesn't whine to the officials, not like Crosby anyway." and Milbury says "Oh jeez, yeah I mean Crosby writes the book on whining. He's a little better since he came back but he's Gretzky-like in his whining."]

Edited by canoli