Crosby: Flyers bring out worst in Penguins

Guest sarsippius

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=625541

"Let's be honest," Crosby said. "Both teams bring out a lot of bad things in each other. You can sit there and put a microscope on every slash that goes on out there. The fact is both teams do it. … That's going to happen when these teams play each other. I know that's probably the most hacks I've given out personally in a long time. So they seem to bring out the worst in me, too."

I think they that call type of logical fallacy "deflecting".

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=625541

"Let's be honest," Crosby said. "Both teams bring out a lot of bad things in each other. You can sit there and put a microscope on every slash that goes on out there. The fact is both teams do it. … That's going to happen when these teams play each other. I know that's probably the most hacks I've given out personally in a long time. So they seem to bring out the worst in me, too."

I think they that call type of logical fallacy "deflecting".

Such disingenuous, self serving bullshyte.

@terp

And that's what makes me dislike him so much. Lots of players do the cheap garbage on ice that Cindy does. But man up, don't blame your transgressions on your opponent, as if you're a nice guy that somehow got goaded into acting out of character.

Roenick was on mike missanelli today, he said he respects his talent but if he was starting a team he wouldn't want him on it. too much of a crybaby. Made me Laugh

he also said crosby does get preferred treatment from the league which is just wrong in my book. :angry:

@terp

And that's what makes me dislike him so much. Lots of players do the cheap garbage on ice that Cindy does. But man up, don't blame your transgressions on your opponent, as if you're a nice guy that somehow got goaded into acting out of character.

This about sums it up. He's handing out two handers and diving all over the ice to the point of inciting brawls and then afterwards churning out these bullshyt, press release type comments as facking "ambassador of the sport". He's either an utterly conceited asshuole who believes his own press or a completely cynical asshuole who's playing the league and the press. I suspect the former.

he respects his talent...

Talk about damning with faint praise. Maybe Roenick and Milbury slamming him means that our view (that he's a dyck) is going mainstream.

Talk about damning with faint praise. Maybe Roenick and Milbury slamming him means that our view (that he's a dyck) is going mainstream.

Bettman won't let it go mainstream. Gary will protect his son at all costs. I am calling it now, Penguins will have at least 10 power plays on Saturday.

• Like 1

@sarsippius

Usually I really like Kerry's articles on TSN.ca. But on this one, I think he mailed it in.

1) He completely MISSED the prior spear and shenanigans on crosby's part that incited Schenn to begin with (on the same sequence of play no less).

2) The cross check was not vicious like crosby made it out to be. Fraser completely bought Crosbys acting hook line and sinker.

The reason for the misconduct is because Fraser believes it was premeditated outside of sequencing hockey play AND it was an intent to injure.

Roenick was on mike missanelli today, he said he respects his talent but if he was starting a team he wouldn't want him on it. too much of a crybaby. Made me Laugh

he also said crosby does get preferred treatment from the league which is just wrong in my book. :angry:

The NHL gave preferred treatment to Gretzky. They gave it to Lemieux. Crosby or Malkin may be the closest thing to them that they have right now. The difference is, Gretzky and Lemieux weren't out there choppin' wood, spearing fish and throwing punches. They have to call those when they're right in front of the ref. It's ridiculous.

I think it already is main stream. I remember a game at MSG where the fans were going nuts with Crosby's antics. I think that generally people respect his talent but dislike his game.

I think it's also fair to say that outside of Pittsburgh he is despised around the league by the fans, which is expected but also by the players.

• Like 1

The NHL gave preferred treatment to Gretzky. They gave it to Lemieux. Crosby or Malkin may be the closest thing to them that they have right now. The difference is, Gretzky and Lemieux weren't out there choppin' wood, spearing fish and throwing punches. They have to call those when they're right in front of the ref. It's ridiculous.

The sad thing is we know it's all going to happen, the blind eye turned to them and the Fly guys called for everything....

...basically the ONLY reason i didn't want to play them the first round...

...just want to see the Flyers decide their fate...

...not the refs.

Here's to hoping the PK is air tight and they Flyers score enough to off set the bad calls that is going to happen against them...it's coming...

• Like 1

Stars getting preferential treatment is nothing new and it certainly isn't limited to the NHL. Tom Brady gets it, Peyton Manning gets it, and any Phillies fan who thinks that Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels don't get the benefit of the doubt on borderline pitches is kidding himself.

• Like 1

Of course Crosby gets preferential treatment, just like all the big "stars" have over the years. I don't mind that so much, it's the phoniness of Crosby that makes me dislike him so much. So now it's the Flyers' fault he acts like such a cheapshot artist?

Man. Just when you think he couldn't stoop any lower... unreal. This from a guy who once punched someone in the nuts repeatedly while his teammate held the guy down for him - all while never dropping his gloves. "Punk"? He gives true punks a bad name.

• Like 1

The NHL gave preferred treatment to Gretzky. They gave it to Lemieux.

so long as i'm being that guy for the moment, jagr is the holdin'est, interferin'est, hookin'est, obstructin'est guy i've ever seen. i can't believe how often he gets away with wrapping an arm around a guy's stick, or getting his stick around and into a guy's armpit as he chases the puck. i mean, w00t, flyer getting away with stuff, but it is pretty over the top. there is definitely a different rulebook for elite players.

• Like 1

Stars getting preferential treatment is nothing new and it certainly isn't limited to the NHL. Tom Brady gets it, Peyton Manning gets it, and any Phillies fan who thinks that Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels don't get the benefit of the doubt on borderline pitches is kidding himself.

I agree with you, but its still not right. They do this for the average idiot fan's benefit. The league's want big names to market. They need to market golden boys. You can't paint Crosby with a negative brush at all.

So Fraser took a moment of time out of context and acted like an expert and got it wrong. The "unsuspecting of the contact" comment annoyed me... was Giroux expecting to get slashed several times? Was he expecting to get punched in the back of the head? No and no, yet no misconducts were called then either.

If Fraser thought Schenn should have gotten a misconduct because he took advantage of the "free time" after the goal, and if he (erroneously) thought it was unsolicited and unwarranted, then a misconduct should have been called. But what if the on ice official KNEW it was a direct result of Crosby's initial attack. That means the official deliberately ignored an attempt to injure by Crosby. And if Crosby knew it was a goal and he couldn't be penalized, then HE is deserving of the misconduct penalty that Fraser was trying to hand out.

Any way you slice it, Fraser got that answer wrong.