Milbury sounds off on Bylsma, Crosby

Guest krasy

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392081

Did not see it posted, i think it is interesting reading.

The Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins renewed hostilities on Sunday Afternoon in a game that ended with a line brawl and 52 minutes in penalties being shared between the two teams from just that incident. The altercation was not contained to the ice as Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette climbed up on the boards to yell at Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma.

Laviolette was also fined for his post-game comments about the incident. Former NHL head coach and player Mike Milbury is no stranger to these types of situations and on Monday, he told a Philadelphia radio station that he wishes the Penguins head coach had been more involved in the fracas.

"I can remember being in such a perch or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. I thought that was good," Millbury said on Sports Radio 94WIP. "I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and been over there himself."

One of the factors that touched off the fighting was a cross-check to Penguins forward Sidney Crosby's back by Flyers forward Brayden Schenn that was followed by a hit on Danny Briere by Joe Vitale. Milbury does not believe these types of actions are out of character for Crosby.

"Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop," said Milbury on Sports Radio 94WIP. "He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, 'I'm not going to do this anymore, I'm not going to get into those scrums, I'm going to stay away from that stuff' but he couldn't help himself because there is a little punk in Crosby.

He's not the perfect gentleman, he's not that little sweet kid you see in all those interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes. I say screw him, hit him." The Penguins and Flyers will meet one more time in the final game of the season and could be headed towards a first round playoff matchup.

I am not a big Miuke Milbury fan (in fact I think he is arse) but I applaud him in this instance. He was a little overboard mocking the concussions but bottom line is he criticized Bettman's poster boy and justifiably so.

Did not see it posted, i think it is interesting reading.

What you didn't hear is that immediately after this interview, Milbury was assigned to cover rounds 1 and 2 of the Maple Leaf Open, the annual golfing event for the playoffless Toronto Maple Leafs.

The only part that concerns me is that if Milbury agrees with the Flyers' position, it must mean the Flyers are wrong.

lol, the same thing occured to me. i saw the statement and just went, "crap, mibury is on our side, we're the **********"

lol, the same thing occured to me. i saw the statement and just went, "crap, mibury is on our side, we're the **********"

No kidding. I mean, I like what he said. I agree with what he said. But...I have to go shower now and use some mouthwash (to rinse the little bit of vomit that just came up in my throat). [that last part was for @Podein25 and @canoli]

I've been wondering if he would have been saying the same things if it was a Pissburgh radio station interview. I am always suspicious when those national announcers have complimentary things to say about the Flyers. They all seem to love to bash us.

Kind of stunned that came from Milbury. The only part that concerns me is that if Milbury agrees with the Flyers' position, it must mean the Flyers are wrong.

Kind of like the Arab philosphy the enemy of my enemy is my friend?