Bryz back from chip fracture, will start vs. Rangers

Guest FlyersFan4Life

Hopefully this avoids any goalie controversy. I was worried that Bob would start playing really well and that if he won out, including beating the Penguins again, that it could make for some trouble on who to start against the Penguins in the playoff series. Hopefully Bryz remains on his game like he was and will help carry the team.

Hopefully this avoids any goalie controversy. I was worried that Bob would start playing really well and that if he won out, including beating the Penguins again, that it could make for some trouble on who to start against the Penguins in the playoff series. Hopefully Bryz remains on his game like he was and will help carry the team.

Goalie controversy aside, Bob needed some games to get himself back into playing shape and rebuild his confidence. I think Bryz will still be focused and not looking over his shoulder too. His solidified play down the stretch before the ankle chip said as much.

Goalie controversy aside, Bob needed some games to get himself back into playing shape and rebuild his confidence. I think Bryz will still be focused and not looking over his shoulder too. His solidified play down the stretch before the ankle chip said as much.

I do agree that Bob needed some starts. He keeps beating Pittsburgh, which is awesome for us, but hopefully won't cause any problems if Bryz loses a game or two with mediocre play against the Penguins. If Bryzgalov plays well like he did in March then I think you can almost pencil the Flyers in for the Cup. I know anything goes in the playoffs but this team has more skill and tenacity than almost anyone else in the league and really the only ones that will beat them is themselves if they don't show up. It's going to be an exciting playoffs.

Easy there 10. It is the hardest trophy to win in sports for a reason. We got a long road ahead of us.

I know, I know. That's why I pointed out that anything can happen. Barring injuries, it all depends on how this team plays. They are arguably the best team in the league with the most depth. On paper I would say pencil them in, but for obvious reasons that's a hell of a lot easier said than done. Injuries seem to haunt the Flyers teams but they'll be healthy going into the playoffs, minus JvR and Meszaros.

I know, I know. That's why I pointed out that anything can happen. Barring injuries, it all depends on how this team plays. They are arguably the best team in the league with the most depth. On paper I would say pencil them in, but for obvious reasons that's a hell of a lot easier said than done. Injuries seem to haunt the Flyers teams but they'll be healthy going into the playoffs, minus JvR and Meszaros.

Well, who knows if Briere will be healthy and Grossman may not be 100% by the time the playoffs start either so those are four pretty key guys with question marks and the biggest question mark of all is what Bryz will we get? If we get March Bryz we will be looking good, if we get pre-March Bryz we will be golfing soon.

Well, who knows if Briere will be healthy and Grossman may not be 100% by the time the playoffs start either so those are four pretty key guys with question marks and the biggest question mark of all is what Bryz will we get? If we get March Bryz we will be looking good, if we get pre-March Bryz we will be golfing soon.

From what everyone is saying, Grossmann will be back, and I don't think Briere's injury is too serious. They still have a week and half to two weeks until the playoffs start. I think they should be okay. Like you said though, Bryz will be the biggest key in all of this.

From what everyone is saying, Grossmann will be back, and I don't think Briere's injury is too serious. They still have a week and half to two weeks until the playoffs start. I think they should be okay. Like you said though, Bryz will be the biggest key in all of this.

If the Flyers series starts on opening day of the playoffs, they have 1 week to get healthy. How far out is Mez and JVR? (not including time to get in game shape and back up to speed.)

If the Flyers series starts on opening day of the playoffs, they have 1 week to get healthy. How far out is Mez and JVR? (not including time to get in game shape and back up to speed.)

From what I've heard around here, Meszaros likely won't be back until after the first round of the playoffs. JvR has a broken foot and to fully heal, I think it would take until the end of the season, but if he wants to pull a Carter and come back on a broken foot, who knows? He's been out for a month now, so I guess it's whenever he feels he can play.

Bryz is back alright, slow as ever laterally and can't absorb a rebound to save his life. Should have had at least two of those, so far.

then again, it'd be awfully nice if giroux would pick up his check in the defensive zone once in a while.

I do agree that Bob needed some starts. He keeps beating Pittsburgh, which is awesome for us, but hopefully won't cause any problems if Bryz loses a game or two with mediocre play against the Penguins. If Bryzgalov plays well like he did in March then I think you can almost pencil the Flyers in for the Cup. I know anything goes in the playoffs but this team has more skill and tenacity than almost anyone else in the league and really the only ones that will beat them is themselves if they don't show up. It's going to be an exciting playoffs.

Ugh after tonight we better bust that eraser out.

Myself i wouldn't have played him again till the playoffs, let him completely heal up and stay sharp in practice...Bob can handle the load till the end. Oh well team took a confidence shot tonight...but i won't put a whole lot of stock in it..they are healthy and we are banged up.

The get Mezz,Briere and GrossmanN i like our chances.

Playoff pressure and intensity is a test Lunqvist hasn't passed yet.....regular season is one thing playoffs another,,,but i guess the same can be said for Bryz...but first things first...Pens first...would just like to be healthy for that initial series, it will be a war.